Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 04:51 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Kevin, Kevin, Kevin

I guess you missed the most important part of Cohen’s testimony today amidst all the political rhetoric on both (yes, I admit that) sides of the dais...

Cohen said he was in the room when Trump took a call from Roger Stone
He heard Roger Stone tell Donald Trump he had just gotten off the phone with Julian Assange
That Trump should expect a major dump of emails that would damage HRC from Wikileaks

1–This is a statement that undoubtedly was used by Mueller when he indicted Stone because that is one of the charges—that Stone lied about

2—this is also one of the questions that Trump gave written response to Mueller about
And from Cohen’s testimony and what Stone has been charged with it would seem there is evidence that Trump lied to Mueller

3–it seems that Trump’s attorneys like Sekulow have helped him provide testimony that has contained untruths
This won’t help them when the smoke clears and they are shown to have knowledge and concealed that knowledge when they were legally required to be truthful
The option when your client is offering a lie under oath is to tell him not to answer—to plead the 5th
To knowing allow your client to lie under oath makes the attorney part of the lie/conspiracy to defraud the court...

4–this likely will impact Jerome Corsi’s testimony and that of others like Don Jr about their knowledge and their lies under oath...

5-IF TRUMP LIED IN HIS WRITTEN ANSWERS TO MUELLER—this is a crime committed during his presidency
Which has the power to be considered “high crimes and misdemeanors” and worthy of impeachment that I don’t think even the GOP can ignore—since that is what Bill Clinton was charged by Ken Starr—
Of course Clinton wasn’t charged with anything like collusion with Russia
His was just oral sex—not even a crime at all...

Clinton was charged with PERJURY.

I hope Trump's new attorney sues Cohen for every dime he has for disclosing private financial information. They should also go after his wife. SHE signed all those fradulent tax returns.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I think the $60,000 bidder for the Trump portrait, with the Trump Foundation later paying the $60k, wasn't known before. There are 2 different Trump portrait/Trump Foundation purchases there were previously known. This is the 3rd and is new.

A newspaper that has been tracking the Trump Foundation financials announced today that they didn't even know about this one. I guess this is because the straw bidder fooled everyone before.
No I think this is the same one
Two portraits bought at Charity functions
Both hanging in Trump buildings
One was paid for by Trump with money from the Charity
One was this straw bidder process

I expect if it is #3 then we will read about all 3 soon...

Old 02-27-2019, 04:57 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Donald Trump having a strawman bid up his portrait at an auction so that it was the most expensive piece sold that day and then using charity money to reimburse the bidder is THE MOST Donald Trump thing of all time.
Also a classic textbook example of narcissism. Actually, this incident may well be cited in future articles and books about narcissism, since it is so blatantly outrageous. However, bad as it is, it and other behaviors like this do not imperil our country. But there are plenty of other awful examples of Trump's behavior and resulting actions that certainly do put us in potential danger and weaken our country in various ways.

It's going to be like peeling an onion to get through all the layers of Trump's malfeasances. Thankfully, Cohen's testimony served as a very effective kitchen knife to get that process started, though I am sure many are shedding tears as a result of Cohen's revelations.

923 posts, read 494,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Not from jail

Neither Trump nor Pence are going to jail. You're trolling.

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
I imagine Trump is going to be on a full out warpath, when he gets back to the states. He's going to attack Cohen, the Dems, and the media. This is going to be all made up stuff orchestrated by the Dems. Angry because they lost an election they should have won, you know the usual stuff.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:58 PM

I think we can expect to see subpoenas issued to Allen Weiselberg soon and maybe even Don Jr

And the fact that Trump paid for Cohen paying off Clifford AFTER he was in the WH with a check from Trump Co—
That puts paid to any separation Trump claims from his business interests

IF TRUMP WAS NO LONGER IN CHARGE OR EVEN ASSOCIATED WITH HIS BUSINESS HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO WRITE A CHECK ON IT—-
Face it
That alone proves he is still running that company
Which means the Washington Hotel lease is in violation of government policy
And they should lose their lease immediately...

Old 02-27-2019, 04:59 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
Trump very well could be heading to jail early in 2021 if he loses. Once he is out of office there is a decent chance he could be indicted by SDNY.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
Not trolling—and that is a slam for you to say that—

I am HOPEFUL and a believer in American system of jurisprudence

Old 02-27-2019, 05:00 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And you believe every word that ever came out of Trump's mouth. Right?
Trump, the most famous liar of them all.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:01 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I imagine Trump is going to be on a full out warpath, when he gets back to the states. He's going to attack Cohen, the Dems, and the media. This is going to be all made up stuff orchestrated by the Dems. Angry because they lost an election they should have won, you know the usual stuff.
And he would be right when he does that.

This was an unpatriotic attempt to stop Trump from winning peace with Noko and will end up being inconsequential. yes, the Demonic Rats may impeach Trump in the House but no way the Republican Senate will impeach a Republican President for no reason other than the Demonics don't like to lose power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies