Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 04:20 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Nothing's gonna happen to Kraft.

As I already touched upon, the general public still thinks prostitution is a 'harmless' and 'victimless' thing. Moreso when it involves Asian massage parlors.

He'll maybe pay some fine, but that's it. Will hardly ostracize him.

I still remember when James Worthy of the L.A. Lakers was involved in a prostitution scandal in the 80's. When he returned to the court shortly after the news broke, the Forum crowd gave him a standing ovation.
Well it's a misdemeanor charge, it's not like he was running the human trafficking establishment himself or was the only billionaire caught.

He'll get a fine, slap on the wrist, and maybe asked to let his kids have more control over his team and that's about it. He'll still be a billionaire with the only worry he has is what private jet he wants to ride for the day.

The details won't do anything but rile up SJWs for page views. This place made $1 million annually, likely all cash, the police are helpless to stop it. The Chinese and Koreans have this market down to a science already.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:28 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
I don't understand this story. A guy went to a massage parlor, paid his money and received some kind of sex from a professional sex worker. How is that even news at all, let alone national headline news?

Old 02-25-2019, 05:39 PM

57,213 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well it's a misdemeanor charge, it's not like he was running the human trafficking establishment himself or was the only billionaire caught.

He'll get a fine, slap on the wrist, and maybe asked to let his kids have more control over his team and that's about it. He'll still be a billionaire with the only worry he has is what private jet he wants to ride for the day.

The details won't do anything but rile up SJWs for page views. This place made $1 million annually, likely all cash, the police are helpless to stop it. The Chinese and Koreans have this market down to a science already.
Trafficking wouldn’t exist without people like Kraft, seems there was enough to raise suspicion for those visiting this place. They will claim ignorance and it will be impossible to prove otherwise.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:13 PM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trafficking wouldn’t exist without people like Kraft, seems there was enough to raise suspicion for those visiting this place. They will claim ignorance and it will be impossible to prove otherwise.
Yes, my point also.

There's a reason why people tend to demonize johns, it's because without them and their demand for sex, there would be no sex trafficking and prostitution.

After all, don't we also criticize drug users, since ultimately it is their addiction that puts money into the pockets of the gangs and cartels.

It's not just the Florida spa investigation allegedly tied to Robert Kraft. Sex trafficking is rampant across US

Quote:
Sex trafficking accounted for 6,081 of the more than 8,500 reported cases of human trafficking in the United States in 2017, according to statistics from the National Human Trafficking Hotline.

There is no official estimate of the total number of human trafficking victims in the U.S. Polaris, a nonprofit that operates the hotline on human trafficking, estimates that the total number of victims nationally reaches into the hundreds of thousands when estimates of both adults and minors and sex trafficking and labor trafficking are aggregated.

Illicit massage or spa businesses, similar to the ones in the Florida case, were the top location or industry where sex trafficking occurred in 2017, with 714 reported cases, according to the hotline's data.

More than 9,000 illicit massage businesses operate in every state around the country, bringing in a stunning $2.5 billion each year, according to estimates in a 2018 report by Polaris on trafficking in these businesses.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:50 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I don't understand this story. A guy went to a massage parlor, paid his money and received some kind of sex from a professional sex worker. How is that even news at all, let alone national headline news?
Because it happened at a time when a massive investigation was going on about human trafficking and sex slavery. You obviously missed the plot of the entire story.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:50 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are in the wrong place, feel free to start a thread if you think anyone is interested.
Sorry the truth stings. A prostitution arrest with high profile defendants is a perfect ruse for the corrupt Democratics down there. And it’s exactly what it is.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:51 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Distraction for the election tampering.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:52 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Sorry the truth stings. A prostitution arrest with high profile defendants is a perfect ruse for the corrupt Democratics down there. And it’s exactly what it is.
Very sad you see a boogey man behind every tree. Perhaps you ought to alert the authorities.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:43 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
The Patriots are a tainted organization so anything that negatively impacts them is welcome and deserved. Even this if it just drags the owners name in the mud. I'd like to see the actual evidence of them cheating be exposed and have players banned from the Hall Of Fame, championships overturned, the coach disgraced and QB and the team sold and the franchise renamed.
I'll take what I can get. A new name like the " Boston Americans" might be good. I think I heard that somewhere.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
If enough rich people get arrested over prostitution, maybe we can finally get it legalized everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.