Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:22 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,812,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
The thing I love about it is that for years, Presidents made promises they didn't keep. They talk in double talk to explain why they can't do what they promised. Trump doesn't talk doubletalk and keeps his promises. That's why I love him.

As far as propaganda, you should check out walkawaycampaign.com. You will learn about propaganda. I used to be a leftie until I started actually paying attention.

From someone who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvSuDQJWP9c
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

45,301 posts, read 26,793,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Like everyone who doesn't support Trump is a "Godless, demon-possessed deviant."
Who said that?

13,562 posts, read 21,317,901 times
Quote:
1) deliberately promotes lies and mischaracterization of the opposition while claiming moral superiority. To me, an ideology loses all credibility when it has to lie to promote itself. .
I agree with this, so you like me must be against gun control that gets proposed.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:25 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,742,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I agree with this, so you like me must be against gun control that gets proposed.
The NRA is just as bad as the people who want a complete ban.

Guns, like alcohol, are too deeply ingrained in American culture for prohibition to ever work. But there are things that can be done to make our schools and public places safer while still upholding the rights of citizens to bear arms.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:26 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,731,714 times
What I don't get about the right these days is how much of what we hear is conspiracy theories. The deep state conspiracy, the global warming conspiracy, the Mueller conspiracy. I suppose there are bad people in government but it just seems incredible to me that they would be cooking up things against Trump in the magnitude and depth that he and a lot of posters here believe.

Trump by his past shady dealings has brought a lot of this on himself. I really doubt that the press would be so hard on Pence if he were President, and I doubt that there would be so many investigations going on over Pence either. And I am pretty sure that if it were Pence promoting Make America Great Again with MAGA hats rather than Trump doing it, it would not be such a lightning rod.

I think it is fair to say that the divide in America is not right/left, it is Trumpism/left.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:28 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,317,901 times
Quote:
The NRA is just as bad as the people who want a complete ban.

Guns, like alcohol, are too deeply ingrained in American culture for prohibition to ever work. But there are things that can be done to make our schools and public places safer while still upholding the rights of citizens to bear arms.
yes there is things that can be done but that doesn't include banning the AR15 ,and I speak for my own mind not for the NRA.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:31 PM

23,322 posts, read 17,004,800 times
Quote:
1) It reduces complex, complicated issues and problems to black-and-white absolutes, bumper sticker slogans, and emotion-based policy as opposed to fact-based policy. The world is a complicated place and shades of gray do exist. Abortion is a perfect example as is immigration. Transgender issues are another area this applies to.

2) The MAGA movement deliberately promotes lies and mischaracterization of the opposition while claiming moral superiority. To me, an ideology loses all credibility when it has to lie to promote itself. MAGA has done a very good job at getting its propaganda out to the American public convincingly. On no issue is this more apparent than the issue of climate change. Abortion, immigration, and marijuana are close runner ups.

The second one is particularly concerning because I don't think the Left has done a very good job at countering it.
Dems own the hate and fear mongering franchise and use bumper sticker slogans to avoid discussion and argument.

Have you not listening and read news that cherry picks words and sentences and uses them without context or prespective to favor democrat narratives??????????????

Misleading information is the earmark of democrat politics. Treated rumors as fact, use theoretical possibilities as if they had already come to pass and then fret about negative consequences.

The repubs are having their lunch eaten by democrats.

gun control, the wall taken out of perspective ,are all issues that the dems rely emotions rather than enter into discussion. they intentionally ignore the complexity of these issues and offer no specific solutions.

If you are unable to see the tactics you attribute to the repubs honed to a razor's edge by dems all is lost in an attempt to respond to your post.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:36 PM

21,668 posts, read 9,243,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What was Hilary's, I'm with her and Obama's was something like Yes we can.

All politicians have these silly slogans, MAGA is no exception.
Geez, talk about a narcissist. All about HER. Trump won because he wanted and continues to work for US.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:06 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,609,070 times
Quote:
1) It reduces complex, complicated issues and problems to black-and-white absolutes, bumper sticker slogans, and emotion-based policy as opposed to fact-based policy. The world is a complicated place and shades of gray do exist. Abortion is a perfect example as is immigration. Transgender issues are another area this applies to.

2) The MAGA movement deliberately promotes lies and mischaracterization of the opposition while claiming moral superiority. To me, an ideology loses all credibility when it has to lie to promote itself. MAGA has done a very good job at getting its propaganda out to the American public convincingly. On no issue is this more apparent than the issue of climate change. Abortion, immigration, and marijuana are close runner ups.

The second one is particularly concerning because I don't think the Left has done a very good job at countering it.
What utter garbage.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,373,767 times
Quote:

These points can pretty much describe any of these current social movements (#MeToo, BLM, MAGA, etc.). Oh, and they also will even cherry-pick or exaggerated facts or stats to suit their agendas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies