Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:56 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I don't know what will happen in 2020. Trump may well win a second term. Really don’t know.

But I absolutely do know this: if Trump senses he is losing or does lose, he obviously won't be gracious and say things like "the people have spoken, the process worked, and now I wish my opponent the best." He will cry foul, stir up conspiracy, and attack the elections as rigged. We already saw him say this part time...until he won.

To be fair, a number of Democrats did this as well with Trump's victory. But it's not one or the other; dishonorable behavior is free game for both sides.
To be fair, I doubt he’d do anything like what the Obama Administration did to him with the FISA warrants and leaking information and unmasking names to the press during the transition period. And the press and FBI and unnamed government workers will never go along willingly with it on behalf of a Republican administration, especially for Trump.

And I highly doubt you will see thousands of activists protesting and burning cars and breaking windows, or trying to pressure delegates to change their votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 10:01 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
I think the point of the news story is Trump will try to hold onto power after his term expires. If the President was popular with the military and it's leaders, he could try a coup, but for the most part I believe most branches of the government hate him, including the military. You can hardly insult the FBI, CIA, intelligent community, the military and expect it to back you later. I think the FBI would welcome an excuse to arrest Trump for treason, trying to impede the smooth transition of power between one President to another would give them more then enough justification to do so.

The issue is all a big "IF" Trump tries to hold onto the power. A BIG IF.

What we now KNOW is that the Dems are sore losers and they have been working day and night to undermine the Presidency, sow discord and divide the country. What is really ironic is that the Dems are doing exactly what they tell us that Putin was trying to do by supposedly helping Trump win the election.

I think the FBI should be looking into the Democrat party because they have been impeding "the smooth transition of power from one President to another".

Old 03-19-2019, 03:56 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
History disagrees with you.
We aint talking history we're talking about 2020.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:02 PM

923 posts, read 495,048 times
https://c3.legalinsurrection.com/wp-...LI-594x425.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-19-2019 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 03-19-2019, 04:04 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
stuff I know.

1. Back in the 80s my dear father told me that I should watch the democrats very carefully. They accuse republicans of the stuff they are doing.

2. I have in fact watched carefully every since to see if my dear father was accurate in his assessment.

3. I have seen over and over his accusation proven correct.

4. I have every fear that democrats are seeking to overturn the current election because they have not accepted it.

5. There is every indication that democrats are actively seeking to cheat their way into a 2020 win.

6. Democrats will be the ones that wont accept a loss.

7. IF the democrats win in 2020, they will not relinquish power without an actual fight.

It is the democrat party that will undo democracy in America and they will do it by democratic means.

It is who they are and it is what they are saying that matters.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:29 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Those same hypocrites couldn't accept defeat when Hillary lost in '16.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:43 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
We aint talking history we're talking about 2020.

Which is entirely speculation on your part, based on little more that TDS and bruised egos.

Dems are the ones with a history of not accepting election results.......(demanding recounts, investigations, wailing in the streets, riots, ***** hat demonstrations, begging electoral college members to cast faithless votes, endless pablum about the popular vote, etc)

And as usual, you're projecting what you do on to your opponents and hoping nobody notices if you cry loud enough.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:29 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I guess CNN is just recycling the 2016 propaganda all over again. They can't even come up with new fantasies. How about they talk about the leftist riots that are going to break out again if Trump wins in 2020? Or all the excuses his opponent will come up with.

What if Trump refuses to accept defeat in 2020?

I think the bigger more important question is what if the corporate media outlets are still obsessing 24/7 about Trump in 3020?

Old 03-19-2019, 06:34 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
I think the bigger more important question is what if the corporate media outlets are still obsessing 24/7 about Trump in 3020?

3020? Legacy TV is dying.

Most of those cable and broadcast outlets are going to be toast over the next 10 years and millions continue to cord cut. CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNBC have all destroyed their brand with their constant derangement over Trump. Only the most easily influenced, self absorbed people pay them mind these days.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:41 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I guess CNN is just recycling the 2016 propaganda all over again. They can't even come up with new fantasies. How about they talk about the leftist riots that are going to break out again if Trump wins in 2020? Or all the excuses his opponent will come up with.

What if Trump refuses to accept defeat in 2020?

Well, there was a lot of speculation about Obama giving up the office even though he had two terms if I remember right. I have to wonder just what it is a president who's terms are up or has been voted out of office is going to do to stay in office. It's not as if they could call up the Army to keep them there. I believe the only thing that keeps a sitting president I office past their terms or that can put an election off is if we are in or become embroiled in a declared war. Somebody can correct me if I am mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies