Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 12:07 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Isn't it easier to just put them on ignore?

Logically speaking, their garbage posts aren't believed by any but the irrational.

So, why start a thread posting like them since you're only going to get:
a) The irrational upon whom you'll have no effect
b) The vast majority of us that already know all the partisan attacks on other states\cities is mostly garbage. (and that it goes both ways which you should know better than most eh?)
c) People not getting that you're immitating another poster and thus think you're just like they are.

So, where is your "win" in doing this?
It made me laugh, if that counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 12:30 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
In all fairness to the people living in North Dakota I too would be homicidal if I woke up every morning in Grand Forks.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:43 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
North Dakota is one of a handful of states I've never been to and I don't care if I never see it. It's not on my bucket list.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:51 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Yeah, I think I would like Berkeley. I have only traveled through it and being a childless unmarried male I wouldn't mind it.

The college-town type liberals who hold up signs because they haven't experienced it's failures isn't the problem. The problem is the arrogant type of liberalism that hides illegals, praises MS-13 and is a medieval disease-machine like LA, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Baltimore.

There are liberal cities like Park City, Boulder, Berkeley and Tempe that aren't the welfare check cities full of people who have children they can't take care of, MS-13 and third-world disease zones like LA, Philadelphia, Baltimore, San Francisco, Denver are.

There are liberal cities that I don't mind. Boulder, Park City, Berkeley, Lincoln, Tempe are all liberal cities I think are excellent places to live but they aren't the same liberalism that exists like LA, Denver, Baltimore and Philadelphia

Not many illegal aliens in Berkeley having one child after another and living a dozen to a house spreading disease and collecting welfare checks like in LA and other liberal cities.
Most major cities are run by Democrats,the same is true of the most safe major cities as well. the few that arent like Virginia Beach and San Diego are basically federal government run with the largest employers being the military industrial complex, healthcare(because of all the Vets) and the city government and its services.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:00 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It's such a sh*thole that even the murderers left.
You must be so much fun in real life...

Old 02-24-2019, 01:03 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
North Dakota is one of a handful of states I've never been to and I don't care if I never see it. It's not on my bucket list.
To be fair, it is very pretty in parts. Teddy Roosevelt National Park was a surprisingly scenic part of a cross-country drive I took a number of years ago.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:04 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
In 2017 there was just 1 murder in ultra-liberal Berkeley, California:

Murders in the Bay Area 2017
^
Go to the "other Alameda County" section, where there is just 1 murder for Berkeley.

According to Wikipedia, Berkeley's population in 2017 was an estimated 122,324.

That would put Berkeley's homicide rate at 0.82 per 100K people.

That same year, North Dakota had a murder rate of 1.3 murders per 100K people.

So if liberal cities are so bad, how can super-duper, ultra-liberal Berkeley possibly have a lower murder rate than conservative North Dakota?
The median house price is $1.25M in Berkeley, they have priced out criminals...congrats.

The 25 cities that have the highest murder rate in the usa are all Democrat run...congrats

Old 02-24-2019, 04:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
What does that matter? We're told that liberal cities are crime-ridden hellholes. But, alas, reality is much more complex.
There is enough steel hanging on people’s faces and bodies to build a super tanker.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:38 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
OP is mocking another user who posts similar threads comparing everything from California to North Dakota.

Yep, and it went right over their heads.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:53 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
A rich elite extremely educated suburb that also has a prestigious college has fewer murders than its big city neighbors. I am so shocked.

On an interesting note some of North Dakota's very few murders over the years are committed by people out of state including California.

So if you reduce North Dakota's murders by 1, it would have basically the same murder rate as Berkeley...if you cancel out the murders by outsiders it would have a lower murder rate than Berkeley. North Dakota is pretty impressive as a state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies