U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 08:17 AM

4,730 posts, read 2,335,683 times

Advertisements

Losing in the primary is kind of pointless, don't you think? I wish you all the best, Mr. Weld. O/U on the % of the primary vote he'd get if he runs? I think he'd struggle to hit double digits in most states.

The only good thing about this is it means he won't have a shot at the Libertarian nomination. Bill Weld is the reason I left my presidential ballot blank in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM50YXrLRY8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 09:17 AM

7,140 posts, read 4,171,005 times
Two blonde toupes in one primary?

Old 02-24-2019, 09:28 AM

9,502 posts, read 4,350,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Losing in the primary is kind of pointless, don't you think? I wish you all the best, Mr. Weld. O/U on the % of the primary vote he'd get if he runs? I think he'd struggle to hit double digits in most states.

The only good thing about this is it means he won't have a shot at the Libertarian nomination. Bill Weld is the reason I left my presidential ballot blank in 2016.
I am not sure what you mean regarding leaving your ballot blank.

As you presumably know, Weld tied his political future to the dope smoking kook Johnson, and sat ideally by as that dufus made fools of both of them.
Also, just like Romney, Weld is a RINO, who would stand no chance of getting the nomination. Thus, he would presumably run only to try and hurt Trump in some fashion. Romney would stand a better chance, but he would also not get the nomination. All he would do is damage any hope he might have in 2024.

As to Weld, he has not political future.

`

Old 02-24-2019, 01:22 PM

5,128 posts, read 1,846,740 times
so we are already starting up the Trump will get primared, I think I have heard this before

Old 02-24-2019, 01:24 PM

12,873 posts, read 4,353,035 times
No interest in a RINO establishment republican. If one of them beats Trump in the primary, and if Howard Schultz isn't running...….I'm sitting this election out because I simply won't care.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:25 PM

2,854 posts, read 916,314 times
If Trump keeps going the way he has been, a blind camel with a limp could beat him.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:28 PM

22,610 posts, read 9,622,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am not sure what you mean regarding leaving your ballot blank.

As you presumably know, Weld tied his political future to the dope smoking kook Johnson, and sat ideally by as that dufus made fools of both of them.
Also, just like Romney, Weld is a RINO, who would stand no chance of getting the nomination. Thus, he would presumably run only to try and hurt Trump in some fashion. Romney would stand a better chance, but he would also not get the nomination. All he would do is damage any hope he might have in 2024.

As to Weld, he has not political future.

`
Trump is also a RINO, so maybe a real republican could primary him.

Old 02-25-2019, 03:10 PM

9,502 posts, read 4,350,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump is also a RINO, so maybe a real republican could primary him.
Whether Trump is a RINO by some peoples definition, I do not view him as one. He has accomplished a lot of the things he promised during the campaign, and tried to do others, only to get push back from Democrats and not much help from some Republicans.

I think the thing some (R) "never Trump" types miss, is that he has done more with his federal judge picks alone, than most of the 16 he ran against would have. Far too often (R's) have picked judges that turned out to be liberal activists, not conservative originalists. Where as the Democrats never seem to pick anything but hardcore liberal activists.
This alone is worth having Trump in office, and any person claiming to be a conservative (i.e. George Will) cannot deny this. Sure Trump is not a polished, sophisticated political type of president we are all far too use to. But he also does some things outside of the box, and still gets a job done others would never have a chance to solve.

As to Weld, he sunk his own political future tethering himself to the dope smoking kook, and lost all his credibility sitting beside Johnson when he was going off the deep end. He would stand 0% chance of beating Trump in a primary.

`

Old 02-25-2019, 03:19 PM

9,312 posts, read 4,243,851 times
Nope.

Trump is overwhelmingly popular with Republicans. Anybody attempting to challenge him in the primary is wasting their time and money unless the entire reason is for it to be a trial run for a future election.

The only thing that could jeopardize Trump is if something happens that causes him to lose support among his base.

Old 02-25-2019, 03:26 PM

16,895 posts, read 9,201,041 times
#1 I find it odd that Trump supporters and even Trump calls lifelong Republicans RINOs when most people didn't even know Trump was a Republican until he ran.

#2 Trump is vulnerable to a quality Republican challenger. (A) many states are open primaries and many non-Republicans might come out against him - some Dems might vote for him too, thinking he would be an easier out in the general election and (B) many Republicans are embarrassed by the non-stop drama and circus.

#3 I don't think Weld has a chance, but a big name could. Remember, Trump won 2016 primaries where the exit polls showed that the majority of Republicans opposed him. How? There were 19 candidates at one point...the votes were so fragmented...in a 1 on 1 match up against someone like Rubio or Kasich he could lose potentially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or