Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 10:56 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymer View Post
Are you talking about reparations?

Did I say anything about reparations?
Did the original post say anything about reparations?

WHY are you talking about reparations?

If your parents enslaved my parents, might that have some bearing on my life?
The article discusses reparations.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:01 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
In the USA, it was a long standing goal that each family generation could fare better than the previous.

That's how wealth was built. That was not possible for the slave. They had no families, nor income. What did they have when freed? Under Jim Crow laws?
40 acres and a mule

Same thing lots of poor white folk and Irish indenture servants had.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:14 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How can people whose language and culture were taken from them, learn it now? On the internet?

Slavery was so prevent even Jesus didn't condemn it.

Latinos had another option. The institutional church was always present in the lives. The slaves create their own church.

We sure spend billions of dollars in schools and colleges and give priority to black Americans for education. Can they learn it there or they just don't give a $hiat?

black Latinos had other options? like what? you think the Spaniards and Portuguese set up the African Latino Negro college fund and affirmative action laws for the black Latinos to get ahead?

Old 02-25-2019, 11:20 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
So what good does it do anyone to dwell on something that no one living has any direct experience with? How are African Americans helped by focusing on something that is not part of any of their life experiences or even the experience of their grandparents? Should we also say that the Israelis should focus on the slavery of their ancestors under the Egyptians? To what end?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...213605922.html
Why are white people always telling minorities how to feel and/or worried about how they feel?

If you offered Tucker Carlson the chance to wake up black tomorrow, would he want to? If not, why? Why Tucker he rather be white than black? I'd love to hear him answer that question, in detail.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
40 acres and a mule

Same thing lots of poor white folk and Irish indenture servants had.
LMAO!!! Some here make it sound that the African slaves brought up here were princes and kings back in Africa. Like the movie "Coming to America" with Eddie Murphy.

I remember when Ali came back from Africa to the USA, he said "Thank God my Granddaddy got on that boat"

Old 02-25-2019, 11:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
We sure spend billions of dollars in schools and colleges and give priority to black Americans for education. Can they learn it there or they just don't give a $hiat?

black Latinos had other options? like what? you think the Spaniards and Portuguese set up the African Latino Negro college fund and affirmative action laws for the black Latinos to get ahead?
And you’re gonna keep spending it too. And if it’s not sufficient, we’ll be letting you know about it. And if you get mad about it, OH WELL!!

Old 02-25-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Why are white people always telling minorities how to feel and/or worried about how they feel?

If you offered Tucker Carlson the chance to wake up black tomorrow, would he want to? If not, why? Why Tucker he rather be white than black? I'd love to hear him answer that question, in detail.
I would trade places with Oprah and many succesful blacks for a darker skin and their fame and bank account.. (being sarcastic)

but your question is silly....nobody chooses their skin color......do you ask blacks the same question?.....if they had a chance to wake up white tomorrow, would they want to? apart from Michael Jackson, the vast majority of blacks would say NO.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Good question! In fairness, it was his guest and not him, but HE invited the guy so he must feel the same way.

And this other clown on the thread talking about “don’t worry, be happy” because Black Latinos have it worse than you? Pffffft....whatever. This ain’t Latin America.

If he doesn’t want to hear any complaints, then fix the problems. And don’t tell me about how much money has already been spent. He has no issues with spending a billion and a half a week in Afghanistan and getting absolutely nothing for it.

But the Afghans aren’t black so he’s fine with it.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I would trade places with Oprah and many succesful blacks for a darker skin and their fame and bank account.. (being sarcastic)

but your question is silly....nobody chooses their skin color......do you ask blacks the same question?.....if they had a chance to wake up white tomorrow, would they want to? apart from Michael Jackson, the vast majority of blacks would say NO.
The vast majority? Lol...that’s an understatement.

Clarence Thomas and Allen West would be the only ones stepping forward.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:34 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
IIRC, Brazil has no publicly funded elementary and secondary schools. Do well and college is provided.

Where in the USA is priority given black students in public schools? Some may have made it into college due to affirmative action, but they needed to be able to read and write. I am not familiar with any priority given elementary and high school kids, anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media