Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2019, 12:08 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
An educated person would infer it's a lie.

More: https://www.timesofisrael.com/msnbc-...aps-of-israel/
I see this graphic is making the rounds...

Interesting. I'll enjoy giving this a closer look tomorrow. Something more intelligent and interesting to consider is always something of a hope when it comes to returning to this thread, even if that possibility tends to be very limited. Thanks.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:10 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I would rather be ridiculed than be falsely accused and insulted the way you falsely accuse and insult, and it's because of what you do that I'm not sure you can be ridiculed enough!
And you haven't insulted ME non-stop? And now you're aiming to step up the ridicule? To what purpose? Just because Alinsky said that's what you do when you can't refute a point? Or because I'm a Jew, who, dang it, won't agree with your pro-Palestinian viewpoint?

And my accusation that you have negative sentiments toward Jews? It's all over these pages. There is no reasonable explanation as to why you would single out the OT for "bad" verses and overlook the similar "bad" versus in the Quran when we are discussing the Israel-Palestine conflict (or, as you may see it, given your posting of religious text, the Jew-Muslim conflict.)

Old 04-02-2019, 12:20 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:

The difference is that you quote a site from Israel itself and I quoted from a third party neutral site run by non Muslims.

I agree Palestine didnt exist, but Israel also didnt exist officially until 1948.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
What about Yemen, Syria and Saudi Arabia?
In what context?

Old 04-02-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Thank you for this.

It is also true that there is no such thing as Palestinians.
Again going bacl to Golgi , he said there was something about Philistines in the OT

Old 04-02-2019, 12:38 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
The difference is that you quote a site from Israel itself and I quoted from a third party neutral site run by non Muslims.

I agree Palestine didnt exist, but Israel also didnt exist officially until 1948.
You didn't quote from anyone. That map is a Palestinian propaganda that's been around for many years, and the source for it is long gone. People mindlessly repost it to make a point without knowing (or probably without caring) whether it's accurate.

And the correction I posted is NOT from the link I supplied. The link points out a story where MSNBC used that map in a news report, researched it and then APOLOGIZED for it.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:48 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post

Oh, and you totally lied about your "neutral site". The URL for that images shows it was linked from https://ifamericaknew.org/. They are blatantly anti-Israel. I bet you can't find a single article on that site that says anything positive about Israel.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:50 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:

I could disagree with some of the allegations, for example that 50% of the land was public. That it wasn't directly titled to Palestinians doesn't measure the decades-long usage patterns.

Still, the one comment that definitely is NOT a lie, is the one that matters most. The Arabs invaded.

The UN partition may or not have been workable but we'll never know. The current division of the West Bank will be problematic, with it possible that Israel will annex Area C (the white). Whatever the various factors that might put the original Zionist settlements into context ... or the 1948 war ... are not going to be persuasive today.

I'm a big believer in accepting the consequences of our actions:

1. The Arabs invaded in 1948; they lost land with no right of return.

2. Israel has held on to the West Bank (which may well be wise from a defensive standpoint) but still they ended up with a whole "new" Palestinian population that no one's going to help them out with.

3. Israel decides to settle or worse annex the West Bank without full citizenship to Palestinians instead of continuing to administer it in the eventual hope that sanity might prevail someday with a peace agreement ... there is going to be a backlash.

That backlash isn't necessarily anti-Semitic - the issues involved are in today's world highly sensitive ("colonialism"), there are geopolitical considerations etc., US ties. If Israel plows on ahead these consequences are on it. I don't particularly want them laid on me, with various anti-Semitic definitions of what is and what is not acceptable to say.

Old 04-02-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Oh, and you totally lied about your "neutral site". The URL for that images shows it was linked from https://ifamericaknew.org/. They are blatantly anti-Israel. I bet you can't find a single article on that site that says anything positive about Israel.
I guess Alison Meir sounds very much like a Jewish name than some Mirza Begum.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:49 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
I disagree. Asking how we determine what is prevailing view among millions of people is not a "logical fallacy." I'm not even sure how to gauge how well Congress represents all Americans, left or right, but of course I do understand what happens in Congress reflects what Congress seems to think appropriate.

Congress is also dysfunctional at many levels, however, and in part this is a result of many competing interests, special interests, that all too often don't represent what all Americans think or want. Declining to censure someone in any case, is not the same as endorsement.

Censure one of the only two Muslim women in Congress? Who just happens to be a critic of Israel's settlement policies and AIPAC? Right. Why not? What could be wrong with that picture...?
Rep. Omar is a supporter of BDS. To say that BDS is not anti-Semitic is like saying the NRA is not conservative. Sure there are a small handful of liberals in the NRA, but it's overwhelmingly conservative. The politicians the NRA supports are overwhelmingly conservative Republicans.

Louis Farrakhan does not even try to shroud his anti-Semitism, and at least 7 house Democrats have ties to him. Throw in Rashida Tlaib, also a BDS supporter, and we have 9 house democrats with anti-Semitic ties. If you can brush that off as a non-problem, sorry but I feel very sorry for you.

Last edited by travis t; 04-02-2019 at 03:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies