Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 10:49 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
(I put the following is an unrelated thread, but it's really worthy if its own thread).....

The anti-Semitism on the left is spreading. And for those anti-Isrseli leftists who keep insisting that being against Israel does not have Antisemitisim at its root, let me ask you the following:

Why are leftists choosing to denigrate Israel, protesting with the anti-Israel BDS movement, when we barely hear a peep against against countries that are truly brutalizing Muslims? What about the Buddhist country of Mynamer (sp?), and what they've done do the 1 million Rochingya Muslims in that country? The Buddhists won't even allow Muslims to be citizen there (while Israel has Muslims in elected leadership positions)! And what about Syria and its treatment? What about the Kurds? I could go on and on.

WHY is the condemnation focused solely on the Jewish country? Why are leftists so willing - and even eager - to condemn Jews, yet there's not a word about other countries doing far worse?

Here's an article showing the tie between the hard left and Nazism:

Why Such a Surge of Worldwide Anti-Semitism, by Alan Dershowitz — Dr. Naomi on Israel
Someone, I've heard said,

***** "Israel-Hatred is Fueled by acts of Zionism" *****

Old 03-01-2019, 09:25 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
That's the point! These are all liberal sources - and we know Democrats are more against Israel and conservatives are more for Israel. In the meantime, where is their reporting on the far more egregious behavior of Arab countries? Or, better yet, why are YOU so eager to search and find anti-Israel articles and not those describing the awful way Arabs have behaved toward Jews (becoming more evident as they migrate into Europe)?

Oh, I know.....you want to stay focused on how horrible Israel is! (Thanks for making my point.)

Here's the situation in a nutshell:

1) Some liberals are critical of Israel's government but are not against Jews in general. I acknowledge this.

2) In many instances, however, the fact that Israel is subjected to more frequent and adamant condemnation than are other countries guilty of far worse is indeed a direct result of anti-Semitism among those focusing their attacks solely or primarily on the Jewish state. I wish some liberals would acknowledge the truth in this.
Who defends this muslim countries that you speak of? I have never heard a Liberal defend China's treatment of muslims, or Qatar. I think you are compounding the general defense of the Muslim religion as a defense of Muslims countries.
The point made dozens of times before is , we don't subsidize the other countries, the other countries are not as involved in our politics and dont exert as much influence. The Palestinian - Israel conflict is of big interest and is thought to be one of the main sources of the destabilization of the area which affects oil prices, terrorism etc it has a direct affect on US. in general no one cares about Myammar's Rohingya population unless it has a direct impact on them. Caring=interest=clicks hence the increase coverage on Israel/Palestine.
I personally would like a complete withdrawal on the ME including financial/military support of Israel, but i guess that makes me antisemitic.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:41 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Who defends this muslim countries that you speak of? I have never heard a Liberal defend China's treatment of muslims, or Qatar. I think you are compounding the general defense of the Muslim religion as a defense of Muslims countries.
The point made dozens of times before is , we don't subsidize the other countries, the other countries are not as involved in our politics and dont exert as much influence. The Palestinian - Israel conflict is of big interest and is thought to be one of the main sources of the destabilization of the area which affects oil prices, terrorism etc it has a direct affect on US. in general no one cares about Myammar's Rohingya population unless it has a direct impact on them. Caring=interest=clicks hence the increase coverage on Israel/Palestine.
I personally would like a complete withdrawal on the ME including financial/military support of Israel, but i guess that makes me antisemitic.
No need to end your post on a nasty sarcastic note.

I didn't say we defend those countries. I said people aren't condemning them the way they condemn Israel. And your comment that we don't give money to those other countries, that's not true either. We've given a fortune to Syria (thanks Obama) while they commit genocide against innocent civilians. Yet there isn't the same level of outrage as there is against the Jew country. Look at the U.N. and how biased they are. Nothing to do with antisemitism, hmmm?

Again, I didn't say every person who criticizes Israel is anti-Semitic. I am objecting to liberals insisting that criticizing Israel never or rarely is fed by anti-Semitism - and that all Israel-hatred is by people who are perfectly fine with Jews in general. Just ain't true.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:50 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
It is a moral position to examine policies or entities you support. That some Central American dictator need first enter into that analysis simply does not compute.
What does compute is the double standard to which Israel is held by some.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Exactly!

And I'll go back to my analogy to make the point: Four white kids and one black kid break your vase. You admonish the black kid, barely saying a peep to the white kids, and when the black kid asks "why not admonish the white kids too," the answer is: "What you did is wrong. It's not necessary to bring the white kids into this."

Still doesn't answer: why not? Why NOT bring the white kids into this, since the entire point is that the white kids get a pass and the black kid doesn't.

Double-standard.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:30 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Exactly!

And I'll go back to my analogy to make the point: Four white kids and one black kid break your vase. You admonish the black kid, barely saying a peep to the white kids, and when the black kid asks "why not admonish the white kids too," the answer is: "What you did is wrong. It's not necessary to bring the white kids into this."

Still doesn't answer: why not? Why NOT bring the white kids into this, since the entire point is that the white kids get a pass and the black kid doesn't.

Double-standard.
What if you're the parent of the black kid with the white kids visiting neighbors?

Old 03-03-2019, 09:34 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
Quote:
Exactly!

Double-standard.
I think a better analogy is that the vase was made by a jew and you accuse the four kids of being antisemitic because the broke the vase.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I think a better analogy is that the vase was made by a jew and you accuse the four kids of being antisemitic because the broke the vase.
A negative comment about "a Jew"? I though Israel-hate didn't have anything to do with Israelis' religion.

CASE IN POINT.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:45 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
There is enough blame to go around for both groups of zealots. Why one has to take sides in beyond me.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:57 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
This is one of these issues that can be made endlessly complicated or instead made simple. You're being told that the boundary you appear to be setting "does not compute."

In turn, you appear to be saying that person A cannot criticize country B without person C, in turn, attaching a nasty label to person A. That never goes well.

No disagreement that in polite conversation it might behoove person A not to bring up topics that might upset person C. This could be politics or religion or bad eating habits.

But once that topic has been raised it might be best for person C to stick to the topic. Not try to bring in country D.

One person's perceived racism (or anti-Semitism) can be that same person's deflection.

It's all in the hearing and in the intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies