Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2019, 05:43 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,895,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Before you repeat your disdainful remark about "money changers," perhaps you need to learn why it's antisemitic:

https://www.thejc.com/comment/commen...o-die-1.442389
Just wanted to let you know I read the following piece when I went to the link/source above:

Vanessa Feltz "gravely insulted me", says sacked Sunday Times columnist

Sacked journalist tells the JC he is not a "racist" and complains "irreversible damage" has been done to his reputation

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/v...mnist-1.442300

So like a train wreck, fascinating & yet very very disturbing.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,469,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Just wanted to let you know I read the following piece when I went to the link/source above:

Vanessa Feltz "gravely insulted me", says sacked Sunday Times columnist

Sacked journalist tells the JC he is not a "racist" and complains "irreversible damage" has been done to his reputation

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/v...mnist-1.442300

So like a train wreck, fascinating & yet very very disturbing.
Thanks for that article. Glad they sacked him.

And for those posters who don't want to read the article, he was a journalist - and Holocaust denier - who claimed two Jewish women on staff were paid a lot because they were Jewish. Yet he continued to insist he is not racist, despite his antisemtitc claims.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Thanks for that article. Glad they sacked him.

And for those posters who don't want to read the article, he was a journalist - and Holocaust denier - who claimed two Jewish women on staff were paid a lot because they were Jewish. Yet he continued to insist he is not racist, despite his antisemtitc claims.
I read it. I have no idea his history nor have I ever heard about him before. It read to me like a "I can't be racist, I know a black guy" remark.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:24 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
4. Those that think Israel isn't our business.
I think there are a lot of people out there that think Israel isn’t our business. The majority even. And that is just fine. But we dont hear from those people, and that is fine too. To them, it is none of our business, so why even open the thread?

But it seems like the few people that make it a point to come on threads and state that it is “none of our business” almost always come back to prove that they trully think otherwise.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:27 AM

34,694 posts, read 16,724,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You, The Judge of Objectivity, Logic, Reason, Right & Wrong, shall determine what is and isn't legitimate criticism ?

Illegitimate criticism [whatever that means] isn't per se anti-Semitic or anti-Israel. There are such things as differences of opinion or insufficient information.
What is illegitimate is to hold Israel on the international stage or Jews in individual countries to impossible and ultimately suicidal double standards. And to call criticism of those double-standards "what-about-ism."

Old 03-16-2019, 06:31 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,895,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think there are a lot of people out there that think Israel isn’t our business. The majority even. And that is just fine. But we dont hear from those people, and that is fine too. To them, it is none of our business, so why even open the thread?

But it seems like the few people that make it a point to come on threads and state that it is “none of our business” almost always come back to prove that they trully think otherwise.
The piece linked in the OP ends with this:

Quote:
Any objective person with an open mind, open eyes, and an open heart must see the double standard being applied to the nation-state of the Jewish people. Many doing so are the grandchildren of those who lethally applied a double standard to the Jews of Europe in the 1930s and 1940s.
Why Such a Surge of Worldwide Anti-Semitism, by Alan Dershowitz — Dr. Naomi on Israel

Old 03-16-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:

Because we make them our business. The things I condemn Israel for, I'm many times harder on the U.S. for doing. If no one spoke up about what we were doing in Vietnam, we might still be there.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:34 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because we make them our business. The things I condemn Israel for, I'm many times harder on the U.S. for doing. If no one spoke up about what we were doing in Vietnam, we might still be there.
That’s all fine and good, but then you cant make the claim that it is none of our business.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
That’s all fine and good, but then you cant make the claim that it is none of our business.
Of course I can.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:37 AM

34,694 posts, read 16,724,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Legal claims to land ownership are meaningless without legal continuity to enforce those claims. At the same time, the law of conquest is never not in effect because if you don't have the wherewithal to enforce your claim as well as someone else, your claim is de facto forfeit.

Israel controls the Levant not because God gave it to them, or because it is the Jewish ancestral homeland, but because Israel won a series of wars against Arab neighbors who contested their claim.
Most of the land in modern-day, pre-1967 Israel was purchased, fair and square, from landlords. Landlords had a right to sell their land. The Ottoman Empire didn't have rent control or other systems that stripped landlords of their property rights.

As for the "series of wars against their Arab neighbors who contested their claim" who started those wars? 1948 was started by the Arabs. 1956 was started by Britain, France and Israel after the expropriation and theft of the Suez Canal, but that war returned Israel to its 1949 Armistice lines. 1967 resulted from a blockage, which is always recognized as cassus belli. As Nasser recognized when he promised to throw Israel into the sea. 1973 was started by the Arabs, and resulted in a hardening of some parts of the results of 1967.

Your point of view does not recognize Israel as a legitimate country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies