Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 02:44 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times

Advertisements

If there’s nothing to find why is trump fighting it so much? My guess is money laundering for Russian oligarchs.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:45 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
If there’s nothing to find why is trump fighting it so much? My guess is money laundering for Russian oligarchs.
If you want to find a crime in anyone's life, you eventually will. It's cut and dry. Everyone knows it, that's why they continue to investigate, until they get something.

But Trump can fight fire with fire. He can order extensive audits of his top critics in the Democratic party with the IRS.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:48 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Mueller investigation is apparently not leading them to what they want so they're going to open up another investigation. If I were Trump, I'd drive this into constitutional crisis territory by not cooperating. This is a witch trial, and how a witch trial operates. Just keep digging until you find something. I'd also use the IRS to go after the leading Democrats myself. Too bad I'm not president
No. The investigation has led them repeatedly to the feet of Trump . They now need to verify the testimony of the other convicted criminals who have fingered Trump as the leader and financier of the conspiracy to defraud the United States. Russia / NRA , Saudi s..who else dumped money into his accounts.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:48 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I actually think I'd like to see how all these congressional members got their money - I know where Trump got his - but with their paltry salaries - they've saved millions - don't think so.

I've always thought it was strange that public servants end up as Billionaires. I bet the only poor Congress people are the ones who haven't learned the ropes yet.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:50 PM

2,542 posts, read 2,736,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
If you want to find a crime in anyone's life, you eventually will. It's cut and dry. Everyone knows it, that's why they continue to investigate, until they get something.

But Trump can fight fire with fire. He can order extensive audits of his top critics in the Democratic party with the IRS.
Exactly!! Try investigating members of congress and see what they dig up. Even normal citizens. Any little inaccuracy when you do a home loan or taxes etc etc could be considered a crime. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
No. The investigation has led them repeatedly to the feet of Trump . They now need to verify the testimony of the other convicted criminals who have fingered Trump as the leader and financier of the conspiracy to defraud the United States. Russia / NRA , Saudi s..who else dumped money into his accounts.
No. All they did was bust a bunch of people on tax fraud and perjury - nothing ostensibly to do with russian meddling in the 2016 election and Trump colluding with them.

All busts on perjury, I need to remind our resident simpletons, were not even crimes before the investigation began. So the investigation made criminals out of lower staffers just for coercive purposes.

Wow, color me impressed.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Exactly!! Try investigating members of congress and see what they dig up. Even normal citizens. Any little inaccuracy when you do a home loan or taxes etc etc could be considered a crime. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Ordinary people not so much, they're W2 wage slaves and more or less pay their taxes. But DC bureaucrats do a lot of colorful accounting practices. Cast a wide net, and a lot of them will be going down for tax fraud, or perjury in relation to testimony on their finances.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:54 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
If any of that were even close to true the dems would have indicted him by now or at least formally accused him of a crime.

Old 02-25-2019, 03:00 PM

3,331 posts, read 1,961,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
It's a fundraising tagline for the dems; it would open a door they don't really want opened.
This is indeed correct. And if democrats do open that door they will lose more than they ever hope to gain.

Old 02-25-2019, 03:01 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
empty?

Dude you might need to google manafort he is looking at about 20 years in prison...

Or maybe your only concern is Trump. Maybe you don't give a damn about Trump hiring criminals and those criminals breaking law after law while working for Trump

seems to me that all trumpers care about is protecting trump, they don't give a damn what his direct staff do, as long as they maintain a fig leaf or two for trump to hide behind.
You've certainly got this Trumper dead to rights.
I care about protecting Trump. I don't care if he lies or what lies he has told.
Don't care.
Anything is better than a Democrat and Trump is not a Democrat, so I want to protect him. I am sorry for the cadre of dingbats and space cadets that was elected in 2018; maybe they will serve one term and go away. But even that doesn't matter. Trump will prevail and survive just like Hillary did.
The difference is, we were able to destroy Hillary before she got the keys to The White House. And try as they might, the Dems will not be able to unelect President Trump.

Build The Wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies