Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 12:31 PM

9,885 posts, read 5,555,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I know a woman who played professional football on a woman's tackle football league in Chicago for years. She is a big, strong woman who is more than qualified to step out on a football field--or she was when she was in her prime, anyway. She's in her 40s now, so like most professional football players, she has retired from the sport.

Yes, the great majority of women will never be able to play professional football, but for the few who can, why not let them?
There's a very crucial difference between our respective scenarios. I've bolded a portion of yours to give you a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 12:35 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,822,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
There's a very crucial difference between our respective anecdotes. I've bolded a portion of yours to give you a clue.
Yes, because that's the only league she was allowed to play for at the time. She could have never even gotten a tryout on men's professional football team, even if though she was qualified. And you want to make sure to keep it that way.

Now do you have a clue?

Old 03-01-2019, 12:44 PM

14,041 posts, read 4,454,385 times
Quote:
Yes, because that's the only league she was allowed to play for at the time. She could have never even gotten a tryout on men's professional football team, even if though she was qualified. And you want to make sure to keep it that way.

Now do you have a clue?
so you think a woman plays for WOMAN's football league with extremely shallow talent pool is qualified to play for the men's pro football team with deep talent pool? ROLF

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...open/96876832/
https://www.theguardian.com/observer...543962,00.html
Karsten Brassh, a male pro tennis player, who ranked 203rd in men tennis was able to beat both Williams sisters in one afternoon (who were in their prime and top of their game) in 1998. Remember, men and women's tennis have similar talent pool.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:49 PM

38,608 posts, read 26,231,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Kind of wimpy, she isn't the only female wrestler around the country many have been successful. Plenty of girls play football.Angel looks pretty fierce by the way.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-...ing-1.15485702
He did the right thing.

Men ought to not physically challenge women in the way they do other men.

It goes against the most fundamental natural laws.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:50 PM

9,885 posts, read 5,555,041 times
Quote:

Now do you have a clue?
Of course I do. And it's painfully evident that you still don't.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:57 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,088,329 times
What about having respect for your opponent and their choice to enter the playing field?

I'm betting he was scared of losing bc some neanderthal told him if he did, he was somehow less of a man.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:48 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,784,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntour; It is hard to act macho when your sport involves grabbing half naked, sweaty men and rolling around on the ground with them. Wrestling is like homo erotic cosplay.
Express your weird fantasies in the relationship forum, please.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:51 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,231,843 times
He's surely due some "retraining" at his public indoctrination center.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:52 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,747,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I wrestled in high school and college. I personally would not wrestle a girl because it's a lose-lose situation, especially as he gets to higher level (ncaa, naia, njcaa) of wrestling.

Your son and his teammates don't care probably because they are still young.

That was my point in regards to the bold....

That as a young person in high school, this is not a factor. It would only be a factor if an older person was pushing it on the athlete. I truly do feel that his decision was driven by his family or some older relatives and that if left to decide for himself, I'd doubt he'd forfeit 2 matches the way he did if he wasn't influences or worried about some adult's reaction.

I literally saw my son's friend/teammate get smashed by a girl earlier this season and that boy is not in a lightweight weight class (cannot remember off hand, but I know he is at least 140lbs). I've seen that particular girl wrestle before and she does have some skills and I know she wrestles in a state league here in Ohio where we do have a girl's league in the off season. But she is usually beat by the boys. The boy/teammate of my son was not conditioned and she beat him based on her being conditioned and experienced because she basically wrestles all year. The boy was not ridiculed by his teammates or his coaches, but he probably was by his family because it is usually families who do things like this - not the athletes today. Masculine environments of young men today are not as toxic as they were and sexist as the older generation of men (and women BTW as I know many moms who buy into these toxic masculine roles and taunting).

Old 03-17-2023, 08:01 PM
bu2

23,872 posts, read 14,658,987 times
Quote:
Uh, huh.

Sounds to me like he was afraid he was going to be beat by a girl, so he did the cowardly thing and quit.
He was 37-1 wrestling against boys. Doubt he had any fear of them.

He just had certain principles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies