Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 07:07 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You mean....treated like a minority? Then maybe we should focus on treating minorities better hey?
Minorities should treat them selves better.
Charity starts at home..............

Old 02-28-2019, 07:07 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You need to define "culture." That word can mean a lot of different things, and is not synonymous with race. Most companies have a corporate culture. Most churches have a culture. Lots of professions have one. So do many schools, clubs, and other organizations.
For example- the inner city black culture values intimidation, filthy language in their music, and does not value Fatherhood- that is cultural.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Yes you can! If you go to India their are Muslim indians and Hindu Indians both of winch hate each other, but are the same race. Do you know what drives this hate?
I claim ignorance of that matter-except that Islam is a religion of hate. India also has a caste system- I don't want that mixed in with American culture, nor do I want Islamic disrespect of women.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:12 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I have no idea what the impact will be. American racial ideologies are deep-rooted and just strange in many ways.

It changes from generation to generation.
Always had,always will.
We all emulate our nation' history.
The conqueror and the conquered.
Eat or be eaten.
You eat the bear or the bear eats you.
Pick a side.................the choice is yours.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? I'm a Black man from the USA. Who do I have more in common with? My White neighbor, whom I share a similar father, country of birth, same language, American culture or a Black immigrant from Kenya or Trinidad?
Take most inner city young black males for example- they embrace the values around them- filthy language and disrespect in their music, no accountability as Fathers. No, not all young black men in the inner city are like this, but I certainly don't want their culture and values mixed into mine. I suspect you don't either.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Take a DNA test and get back to us.
Smart a$$ answers say a lot about you. I have no choice in my DNA- I do have a choice to reject certain values and beliefs.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
For example- the inner city black culture values intimidation, filthy language in their music, and does not value Fatherhood- that is cultural.
The “inner city” black culture?” What about the rural blacks?

What about inner city white culture? What about rural white cultures?

In fact, what about rural Asian culture and exurban Hispanic culture?

Values intimidation, or are YOU just easily intimidated?

Old 02-28-2019, 07:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Take most inner city young black males for example- they embrace the values around them- filthy language and disrespect in their music, no accountability as Fathers. No, not all young black men in the inner city are like this, but I certainly don't want their culture and values mixed into mine. I suspect you don't either.
Inner city again? What gives?

Old 02-28-2019, 08:14 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I have no idea what the impact will be. American racial ideologies are deep-rooted and just strange in many ways.
I think if more people mixed, there could be a variety of impacts. Brazil is a mixed society. Alot of people in Brazil have mixed over the years. In fact, there is a philosophy that came out of Brazil known as Lusotropicalism. Portuguese colonizers mixed with the locals, and the slaves. Granted, much of this came out of necessity. Lack of Portuguese females available. There were never any Jim Crow laws in Brazil (that I know of). However, there was and is still racism in Brazil. It's a different kind of racism. In America, anyone with one drop of Black blood, no matter how light of hue said person might be. In Brazil is doesn't work that way. In Brazil, like the USA, Blacks are still at the bottom. However, in Brazil, there are so many racial categories that having some Black ancestry in you doesn't make you Black.

In the end, having a more mixed America won't stop issues with racism. It will just take on a different nature. The lighter one is, the more desired they are as a person. However, it does stop someone from dealing with racism. Black people will still deal with racism. However, it will differ. My mother, who is much lighter-skinned than the rest of us in the family, has dealt with her share of racism. However, not to the same level that my father and me have dealt with it. Not only are we darker, we're males. We're more likely to be looked down on and feared.

I will close with this. We're still going to have racial strife in America whether racial mixing occurs, or doesn't occur. Racial mixing was basically outlawed for Blacks under Jim Crow. It did not promote any racial harmony. Plenty of strife and violence.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:15 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about inner city Blacks. I'm talking about the average Black person. Why not just admit that you have a prejudice against Blacks and get it over with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies