Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2019, 11:18 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times

Advertisements

How many of you identify yourselves as "humans"? This is the only race I know anything about.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:19 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
What?! We have as much culture as any other country.
We have tons! That's the difference. We have representatives of a lot of cultures here. When I go to other countries such as Korea, for example, you really see the difference. You don't see much diversity, and they have a strong culture that hasn't been mixed up with other cultures. You feel like a stranger there if you aren't Korean. I don't think America is even close to that. America is unique this way as a country. There are other cities around the world that are more diverse but as far as countries there is not. We are multicultural and it's not ethnic specific. Our culture is multicultural.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:25 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
What?! We have as much culture as any other country.
We have a culture. However, there are many Americans who don't like their own culture.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:39 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa2323 View Post
I'm curious about the racism experienced by white/latino and white/asian mixed race children. I think those mixes tend to be more socially acceptable in the U.S.
My daughter is mixed mostly asian and white, went to her best friends princess themed birthday party when she was 6 or so. She went dressed as her favorite princess, one who is white. Got a call to come get her about an hour into the party because she was crying. Turns out the mother had made her change into a Mulan dress, and was trying to put the "bride" make up on her.

That is some BS right there.

Other things of that nature occurred throughout her childhood and now into her adult life.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:44 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You don't make any sense.

If immigrants are so much more successful than whites, then why do they need quotas to get into Ivies and upper management?

Moreover, if immigrants are so much better than whites, how come their home countries are such sh--holes and they have to come to white countries??

Do you think America was just built by a bunch of lazy whites? Is that how a Superpower is made - by a lack of morals and motivation and laziness?
You appear to be confused. The Ivy League issue is predominately with them discriminating against Asians and Asian Americans for being OVER represented, not them using quotas to let them in.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:54 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
How many of you identify yourselves as "humans"? This is the only race I know anything about.
Not that simple. Cultural differences have been the cause of conflict since the Persians and Greeks sought to kill each other.
Forcing the mix of incompatible peoples never ends well.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Long long ago when some Africans decided to head north in search of a new life and changed our skin from dark (to help survive in the sun) to light (to help absorb the sun) I doubt they realized what that action would one day create.

We love to conquer and divide.

I'm obviously mixed, but so are most of you even if it's not obvious. Get a DNA test, you'll be surprised. The impact isn't from our skin tone, it's from our culture. Mixing culture is what you all are really concerned about but we've been doing that since the beginning of time.

Sorry - had the DNA test and I'm 100 percent European and 99.9 percent Northern European. I think I may officially be the whitest person I know.

But I rectified that in short order by birthing four mixed race kids, who then married OTHER races so now we have this beautiful mixture of just about everything in our family photos! I think it's great actually. (Beautiful kids too but then, I'm biased.)

Old 03-19-2019, 12:21 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
America has always been a melting pot, it's nothing new. In fact if your family ancestry in this country goes back for hundreds of years, chances are fairly good that you have native American blood flowing thru your veins, and are not even aware of it.
Actual DNA evidence appears to belie that common presumption.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:25 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Answers in green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Do you honestly believe all this hostility in our politics is just created by the media? You don't think people are actually angry?

Donald Trump won because people are angry. What do you think all this anti-establishment fervor was about? All this populism? All this desire for change?

Happy people don't demand a revolution and look forward to Civil-War.

I don't think people are angry, they are made to think they have reason to be angry by nationalist populists.

I am not blaming the Mexican drug-dealers for meth. I could honestly care-less about the Mexican drug-dealers. They don't really factor into the equation. And I know exactly why my sister began using meth. And it is the same reason millions of other people are doing meth. And even if there was no such thing as a Mexican, she would still be on meth.

So, is that reason mixed-race relationships?

It is all about the state of society, family, community, etc. And as I said, there is absolutely nothing I can do, and nothing I could ever do.

Society is simply the sum of all individuals, not something abstract that can't defend itself against accusations. If a person screws up, hold them responsible.

The point I was trying to make was that my sister could have lived at pretty much any other time in history, and she likely would have lived a perfectly normal/healthy life.

You need to imagine that you had a kid. And you lived in the ghetto. So your kid was raised in that environment, and went to those schools, and was completely-immersed in that culture. Regardless of how great a parent you are, would your kid be the same as if he was raised literally anywhere else?

Don't parents do everything they can to move to "good neighborhoods" with "good schools" to keep their children away from "bad influences"?

There are people that have made it despite coming from bad neighborhoods, slums even. Sure, the likelihood is far lower, but frankly, if parents care so much about their kids, they would move away from troubled neighborhoods. There are always places where the grass is greener.
We have a few ghettos near Lisbon, and after living there for years, many of those people (mostly illegal immigrants) get the idea that living with all those poor and not seldom not so law-abiding people is normal, their extended family, us vs the rest of evil society. If people simply moved to another part of the country, they would get absorbed and have better lives.

It wasn't the Mexicans who corrupted my sister, it was society. Mexicans drug-cartels are merely symptoms of a much-larger problem. My beef is not with Mexicans, it is with this government, this system.

And until this system changes, none of these people can be saved. Not just my sister.

I guess you would have to change the American Way.

I don't like how this question is worded because it confuscates the real issue. If your daughter walked through the ghetto at 2 am butt-naked, in no way would that justify someone raping her, but wouldn't you tell her she was being stupid? Or in crude terms, that she should have expected what she got?

I remember I was driving one night in a rough part of town, it was a little after the bars let out. And I saw this very drunk girl walking down the street. She was so drunk that she was zig-zagging back and forth as she walked. It was a semi-major road in a neighborhood and there was no traffic. And I knew she was probably walking home. I couldn't see too well, but she looked to be in her 20's, and thin.

I slowed down a bit, and I thought about stopping to make sure she was alright, but I was at work at the time and was driving a company vehicle, so I didn't stop. I worried for a long time that something might have happened to her. She would have been a very easy target.

I wish no woman would put themselves in that kind of situation. But while that is the most-extreme example, there are gradations of that. Camille Paglia for instance says women should never "go home" with a man unless they intend to have sex with him. And that doing so places them at risk.

Well, it is a somewhat promiscuous world we live in, at least in the West. Family with kids is just not so important anymore for many younger people, yet their libido won't go away...

Families and communities are eroding in part because everyone is being "spread out".

Imagine a community where people only married people within the community. Where everyone knew each other, because everyone was related to everyone else.

Sounds like inbreeding

Now imagine a community where literally no one was related to anyone. Which community would be more-likely to have two-parent families? Which is more-likely to actually feel like a community?

My point is, white people dating black people doesn't bring people together, it destroys families and communities. And all these lefties whining about how communities are dying, are doing everything they can to destroy them. What is it that binds a community together? What is it that binds a family together?

I don't get your conclusions, frankly. Anonymity is a problems, yes, but it doesn't have anything to do with race-mixing. And as I posted earlier, you or someone else made the claim that black-white marriages are doomed, but that is not correct. Only those with black husband-white wife are more likely to be divorced, the other way around is actually more robust than white-white marriages, though.
Here they explain the main problems with interracial marriages. Seems that rejection on the part of the couple's parents is a main problem, along with disrespect for the better half's culture.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...race-marriages
You are barking up the wrong tree.

I am not a utopian insofar as I do not believe the world can ever be made perfect. Humans are flawed. But if you understand humanity's flaws, then you can devise "systems" which mitigate as much harm as possible, and reward/encourage "good" behavior.

And the only benefit of diversity is cheap labor. And that has always been true. Think.

So, why are you against race-mixing, which after all reduces diversity?

Old 03-19-2019, 01:40 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We don't have to physically deport every single illegal alien just remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and to continue to come here. Just deport those who are caught and have made themselves known. Calling people idiots and stupid is against the rules of the forum.

Who's threatened by legal immigrants who are a benefit to our society and not a burden and assimilate into our society? Are you blurring the lines between legal and illegal which is what so many lefty, liberals and ethnocentrics do? I think so, since you started out talking about illegal aliens and then switch to legal immigrants. They aren't the same thing at all!
I think there is not much one can do. In science it is called osmosis. In this case there is wealth here and poverty there, so the tendency is for people to move from poor to wealthy regions, reducing the difference in the concentration of wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies