Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:56 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Which is due to government prohibition. Not that it was studied and a link was not found. It has been demonstrated in animal studies though. Hopefully we will get more studies soon.
We (and especially hawk) are 20+ years behind the rest of the world when it comes to cannabis research. Israel currently leads the pack. In my opinion, our ancient views and attitudes towards the plant are an embarrassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 08:04 PM

39,170 posts, read 27,558,641 times
Reading stories like this one makes me so sad. Why should everybody be treated exactly the same? What is the big deal to give this poor gal what she needs? Gee ! What is the big deal?

The person in such a pain probably does not have the patience waiting for the "research". Just give her what she wants. What seems to be the huge deal here?

"The pain in my spine is as bad as labor pain. It never goes away. Every minute, every day, all year long. No human can tolerate that kind of pain. I think about suicide, but I can’t leave my children. I’m thinking maybe I could buy heroin and use very little to control my pain. But I have never seen it, wouldn’t know where to get it, and figure I’m just better off dead. "

This is so so sad!

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-27-2019 at 08:13 PM..

Old 02-27-2019, 08:52 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Reading stories like this one makes me so sad. Why should everybody be treated exactly the same? What is the big deal to give this poor gal what she needs? Gee ! What is the big deal?

The person in such a pain probably does not have the patience waiting for the "research". Just give her what she wants. What seems to be the huge deal here?

"The pain in my spine is as bad as labor pain. It never goes away. Every minute, every day, all year long. No human can tolerate that kind of pain. I think about suicide, but I can’t leave my children. I’m thinking maybe I could buy heroin and use very little to control my pain. But I have never seen it, wouldn’t know where to get it, and figure I’m just better off dead. "

This is so so sad!
The big deal is, unfortunately, political rather than humanitarian.

They don't care one iota about saving lives or people in agony. What they do care about is trying to look good when responding to the outcries that the government do something about overdose deaths and addicts.

The ignorant, knee-jerk, single-minded public believes that crackdowns are the ONLY way to handle drugs and addicts, so that's what government officials do.

It's called The War On Drugs. It has killed millions over the decades.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:58 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,240,483 times
Man....this just enrages me.

You can thank addicts for all this. Now people who are truly suffering will pay.

Outrageous.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:50 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,569,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
That is a guideline not a law. If the doctor is following DEA and state law about prescribing, he/she can go outside of guidelines. But that being said, unless this is a doc you have a strong personal relationship with, you likely won't win that argument with him. Opiates have become toxic, no doctor wants to touch them at this point.
You are right and unfortunately thats ONLY because they are so scared of being raided by DEA in swat gear, and having their licenses stripped away!

Ive said this before in other threads...the DEA is the real enemy/ root of the problem in all of this, THEY are why so many people are being kicked off their medicines, and then having to go to the streets and buy the same thing! (turning them into criminals). And to make matters worse, the only reason DEA is doing this, is so the cartels can profit more (since pharma meds were too much competition to their drugs). When you look at it from that perspective, something needs to be done immediately to shut the DEA down for good, and indict them all for aiding and abetting a criminal organization!!

I hope the low life scum bags at the DEA can sleep good at night, knowing what they are doing to so many American citizens, JUST so their cartel bosses can rake in more money each month! LOL

Old 02-27-2019, 11:57 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,817,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
another casualty of the war on drugs...but lets just get tougher on drugs! 100 years of drug war NOT enough
I know you are being sarcastic but I agree. We never were tough on drugs to begin with.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:59 PM

Many people believe yoga, meditation, walking to improve muscle tone is the key and cutting people off with no warning at all is somehow acceptable. I think each individual should be dealt with and treated differently.

What's this poor gal's option besides the drug she was on? She is in this kind of pain as strong as labor pain 24/7, why should any human being suffer like this?

So what does cutting back prescribed opiates for people with chronic severe pain mean? Patients spend time in bed or sitting at home rather than leading a rewarding life. The gal in op never abused her medications, but now is on inadequate treatment.

Yes, there are other treatments for pain,but when none of them are adequate then what to do? Quality of life is paramount.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,569,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Many people believe yoga, meditation, walking to improve muscle tone is the key and cutting people off with no warning at all is somehow acceptable. I think each individual should be dealt with and treated differently.

What's this poor gal's option besides the drug she was on? She is in this kind of pain as strong as labor pain 24/7, why should any human being suffer like this?

So what does cutting back prescribed opiates for people with chronic severe pain mean? Patients spend time in bed or sitting at home rather than leading a rewarding life. The gal in op never abused her medications, but now is on inadequate treatment.

Yes, there are other treatments for pain,but when none of them are adequate then what to do? Quality of life is paramount.
This really needs to go before the Supreme Court, class action status is probably there too.

It would be great to watch DEA agents being led away in handcuffs, or thrown out of the country for what they have done!

Old 02-28-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This really needs to go before the Supreme Court, class action status is probably there too.

It would be great to watch DEA agents being led away in handcuffs, or thrown out of the country for what they have done!
Yep. This is unacceptable.

My grandfather died of throat cancer and he suffered a lot. My friend is suffering from severe headache 24/7, every second of everyday; he's only 32 years old. If there are drugs can take away their pain, I say go for it!

Old 02-28-2019, 08:05 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,645,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
We (and especially hawk) are 20+ years behind the rest of the world when it comes to cannabis research. Israel currently leads the pack. In my opinion, our ancient views and attitudes towards the plant are an embarrassment.

I am "behind the times"?

I guess you don't know that I read the current medical literature concerning analgesics on a daily basis. I give talks to other physicians on this very topic and have a strong command of the literature in this area.

I fully support any research on any pain treatments that is conducted properly. However, it is pretty clear that THC (with current research) is a poor analgesic. There are other cannabinoid receptors which mediate analgesia to a far, far greater extent than the receptor that binds THC. These subtypes, of course, are the focus of intensive research for better analgesics.

Ignoring the current literature and suggesting THC is a good analgesic is nonsense. Conducting further research on THC is certainly something that anyone would applaud, however, one must not be susceptible to the political influences of groups that simply want pot legalized for social purposes. To that end, I really don't care. However, one should strictly adhere to current knowledge (while remaining open to further well performed studies) when providing and enacting medical care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies