Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 06:00 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I hope the people that post images of themselves like this understand that they are never allowed to forget it.

Once on the internet it is there forever and it could cost them a job or relationship down the road.

It's self deprecating..

OR could get them a job and forge BETTER relationships down the road!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I REALLY hate her.

Many shallow people WILL!

Old 03-02-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Absolutely. At least by eating the animal, you're not taking away a life just for fun.

Food chain vs killing just because you can.

If anyone supports this, that's fine, as long as you don't call yourself "pro-life".
" you're not taking away a life just for fun."

This type of cat is a PREDATOR. It kills ANYTHING IT CAN.

It's population has be kept in check to maintain the 'balance of nature".

Which is WHY states have specific hunting seasons and bag limits for them.

NON hunters know so very little about these things, yet come on here and try claim they are experts.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:12 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Again they use terms 180 out of sync with their actual meanings. They want to legislate speach, tear down statues, assault people with certain clothing and are all about curtailing some peoples rights in order to give orther people more. They don't believe in equality, they only believe in forcing equal outcomes. If they were for equality there would be no quotas or different requirements based on looks, gender, race or sexual orientation. They want to stop people from speaking, edit search results, shadow ban and use the force of government to force you to accept their wacky notions while denying everyone else the liberty to express themselves. If you disagree with them you are to be mocked quieted and personally attacked.
Bro, who are you referring too with you generalized 'they'? I merely posted the definition of what LIBERALISM is and told you that many people, including myself, do not align with the left and are liberals. It is Repubs that are triggered and respond as such (examples everywhere including yourself) when they use the term wrongly to refer to the left and call it a mental disorder. It's asinine tribal think void of any nuance regarding peoples political views!

Old 03-02-2019, 11:01 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
OR could get them a job and forge BETTER relationships down the road!
It did for us. My wife applied for and got turned down for a job. After the other person didn't work out they contacted her again. Evidently during the online research they found out she was married to a hunter and gun enthusiast, which they are. She said they couldn't wait to meet me based on my media profiles. That and they wish they would have dug into her background a bit more as she was the perfect match for their business.

My Company is pretty big and is very military friendly so it's full of people that like to hunt and shoot. I'm just glad San Diego is a bit more laid back than say a San Fran.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:41 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
I have no desire to kill things ,but I have and do kill things either deliberately or as a matter of the course of survival .
I have also refrained killing though I would have been perfectly justified .
Both in the wild meeting both cat and bear face to face ,or at home dealing with protecting my flock of chickens .
Big cats have been protected ,but this comes with a cost of over population and a cats propensity to hunt moving targets will not stop . The fact that they are legally thinned by hunters ,makes things safer for those near the woods perimeter .
Many Cats don't consume the whole kill, they choose particular parts and leave the rest to rot. fact.
They kill deer and cows and horses and all kinds of larger animals , they only go after the smaller animals when the larger ones are rare.
The same holds for wolves as well , even worse in some cases merely grow a frenzy and kill for sport slaughtering whole herds of caribou .
I have personally encountered ferrel dogs attacking a little girl for no other reason than entertainment .
Animals are not exempt from trophy killing , fact some animals kill for the win of an opposite sex . Buck for instance will kill during the rut . Not for food or for territory or for any thing more than sex.
Animals kill one another for food , it is how most all life exists , spend some time in the ocean .
Your bodies live on living tissue, and consuming dead/stale things(over cooked and fried) is what has causes a lot of circulatory issues .
We are animals and live on animals just as they do. We are omnivorious as a bear.
So far as eating every kill , that is up for grab because while processing game it is important to examine the organs to check for disease or parasites , which might well take out the animal in short order any way .but renders the meat useless except to insects, mulch. Probably best other animals did not consume either, perpetuating the disease .
Some predators have the capacity to deal with such problems , it is also why some animals will not eat what they had not killed them self.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
"Human cougar kills cat cougar" should have been the thread title.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:36 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
And in other news, the same people upset about a few animals celebrate killing millions of babies!
If you know where babies are being killed I assume you`ve called the police?

Old 03-05-2019, 05:12 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If you know where babies are being killed I assume you`ve called the police?
It's called Planned Parenthood.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:35 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, if she’s gonna eat the thing, I’ve got no problem with it.
So if a Mt. Lion attacked a jogger and it ate him/her, no problem the humans shouldnt take it out. But if a Mt. Lion attacked a jogger and just left him/her dead on the trail then its a problem and the humans are justified in killing it. Is that about right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies