Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 10:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Aren't you the one who arrogantly told me I had some nerve criticizing the black fraternity for honoring a blatant antisemite (Farakkhan) - and that whites need to shut up about what blacks think or do?

Then why are you criticizing the Jews who are appalled by the antisemitism of Omar? I could turn your comment around and say blacks have some nerve telling Jews what is and what is not antisemitic.
She said nothing that was anti Semitic. Not one word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 10:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
AIPAC seems to have given greatly to the democrat party as well. The democrats certainly have had their fair share of Israel firsts. LBJ and Jimmy Carter for example. The Clintons and no problem French kissing Israel's brown eye and once you got past Obama's tough talk he did squat.
So you wanted Obama to be tough on Israel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Would you be saying the same thing if we replace Jew with Black?
Irrelevant. This isn’t a black issue.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:19 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So you wanted Obama to be tough on Israel?

Irrelevant. This isn’t a black issue.
I expected Obama to do what I expect all Presidents to do. Hold Israel to the same standard as we do ourselves and others or else hit them with sanctions as we would anyone else who does what they do.
People rant about the Russians interfering with our elections, Israel and AIPAC have been buying politicians for decades.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:54 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
No matter what we think about it, there seems to be some upset deep pocket, loyal, democratic donors out there. Brace yourself for 2020 folks because they may indeed wreak some holy heck on some niches of the dem party.

I wonder if omar is going to go all Cynthia McKinney when she gets jettisoned from the party?

Don't remember that one? Yeah...she was the US Senator that (among other things) spread crazy conspiracies about Bush murdering blacks, painting them blue and burying them in swamps after hurricane Katrina.

When she finally got ousted, there were comments directed at how "the jews" were behind her losing her seat.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:02 AM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Islam and Muslims need not have any part of Americans society. They should go back to where they came from.
They pretty much have screwed up every country they go to. With every Islamist we become a little more like Somali every year. And the Left continues to berate Christians and Jews a like in favor of the most Radical religion on the planet.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:09 AM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well we have a president that places Israel first ahead of our interests.
And we have this guy who secretly meets with his Anti White Anti Semite Muslim friends. I think we know who the real Anti-Americans are. It's Ironic that the KKK, the NOI, Islamists and many other extremist groups share the same view of Jewish people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafhanRZ4lc

Last edited by LS Jaun; 03-03-2019 at 01:25 AM..

Old 03-03-2019, 01:43 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
I think she needs a one way trip to Gitmo.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
No matter what we think about it, there seems to be some upset deep pocket, loyal, democratic donors out there. Brace yourself for 2020 folks because they may indeed wreak some holy heck on some niches of the dem party.

I wonder if omar is going to go all Cynthia McKinney when she gets jettisoned from the party?

Don't remember that one? Yeah...she was the US Senator that (among other things) spread crazy conspiracies about Bush murdering blacks, painting them blue and burying them in swamps after hurricane Katrina.

When she finally got ousted, there were comments directed at how "the jews" were behind her losing her seat.
US Rep, not senator.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:03 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,192 times
<September 11, 2001 Muslim terrorist attacks that kill over 4,000 people>
We will never forget.

<One of the first Muslims gets sworn into Congress with a Quran, Hijab and, a sh---y record>
We forgot.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:55 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
You keep showing in every post that if someone has an opinion about Jews or Israel which you dont like, then bash them as anti semitic.

If some person from Myanmar or India or China is here, then tey would call themselves Asian American and not "Buddhist American or Hindu American". Never a Christian British or Christian American. Only the middle eastern religions still carry that religious tag over country.

I've explained that while not all criticism of Israel is rooted in anti-Semitism, in many cases the strong and targeted opposition to Israel is indeed influenced by negative feelings toward Jews in general. You demonstrated that yourself when you said last week that Jews were all about finance and money and were known for being uncharitable and ungenerous. (You even used the term "penny-pinching" at one point.)

Amazingly, when I pointed out the antisemitic nature of your comments, you said you didn't realize saying "Jews are known for being uncharitable and ungenerous" was an antisemitic thing to say! That tells me that some people at least, who are saying that just because they are against Israel doesn't mean they are negative against Jews in general don't realize THAT THEY ARE!

We've had another poster here who said that it's not antisemitic to believe that Jews are all about money because..well, it's the truth. That would be like it's not racist for me to say that blacks are dumb (or lazy, or whatever the negative stereotype is) because....well, they are. In either case, the bigotry and negativism toward the group jumps right off the screen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies