Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2019, 12:25 PM

5,980 posts, read 2,234,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Actually his shows follow a consistent format: define the issue/argument, provide sound bytes/clips or verifiable quotes directly related to issue/argument, conclude by giving a personal assessment of the issue/argument using logic and reasoning.

Never once do I find myself confused by his arguments due to holes in logic or reasoning. Everything he says is step-by-step, methodical, contextual and easy to understand.

Contrast that with, say, Ben Shapiro, who I find to be much more sensational. His arguments are often too shallow, and lack the context necessary to be convincing.
Because he is a master at framing the debate before you hear any sound clips or evidence. The goal is not to change the picture but to color the lens you look through when viewing the picture.

See he does not have to push you into ideas or a way of thinking like Shapiro (Shapiro is in a constant debate mode), just change your perception of how you view the world, easy with enough repetition (advertising 101). That is why you have to listen over and over before you get it, your mind has to forget what is actually hears and focus on what he says only, like a Pen and Teller show. This is how radio works, nearly every show works this way.

Much more effective as it continues to change the way one views the world even after the show ends, that is why he makes the big bucks. Its also why his advertisers love him, Limbaugh can sell anything including lies.

But all this has a price a many of his listeners know well. When you take his arguments out of the safe framing he provides on the show, they fall apart. Many of his listeners call in and admit that they cannot explain what he is saying on air to others or get them to understand. It is also why he refuses to debate with others who are experts in their field, just embarrasses joe blow 6 pack as proof of his mental superiority.

I think Shapiro does a better job of giving a more fleshed out view. But he falls in love with winning an argument and omits context. Or takes positions of his opponent to remove an argument even if he actually does not agree with that view point.

Last edited by Daryl_G; 03-01-2019 at 12:35 PM..

Old 03-01-2019, 12:27 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Well genius'.........you America hating leftists have no concept how many folks listen to Rush. And by the way, President Trump has saved this country (for now) from falling deeper into an hole of evil.
You are simply to naive to understand what you don't understand.
What evil has he saved us from?

Brown skinned lettuce pickers crossing our border?

Old 03-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Because he is a master at framing the debate before you hear any sound clips or evidence. The goal is not to change the picture but to color the lens you look through when viewing the picture.

See he does not have to push you into ideas or a way of thinking like Shapiro (Shapiro is in a constant debate mode), just change your perception of how you view the world.

Much more effective as it continues to change the way one views the world even after the show ends, that is why he makes the big bucks. Its also why his advertisers love him, Limbaugh can sell anything including lies.
Yes. He even developed a market for the nonexistant Spatula City store he promoted.

Which is funny, really. Who in the world would want to shop at a Spatula City? Plenty of people, turns out.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:28 PM

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So yes, I do listen to Rush when I'm in the car. I almost always disagree with him, but he's a genius.

So yesterday a caller called him in apparent despair. He was a democrat, and said after the testimony where it was clear Trump was in deep with Cohen's thuggery, how could Rush STILL back Trump? How can you back a man who is a thug?

And Rush Limbaugh said - and this is SO TRUE - I don't care what he does. I don't care what he thinks, and says.

All I care about is that the liberals were about to get away with ruining our country, I was watching the greatest country on earth slip away from us, and along came Trump and he was the ONLY ONE who could win against Hillary, and the dems.

I don't care at all about anything else, all I care about is he rescued America.

How very refreshingly honest. It's just like a cool, fresh breath of air and puts so much in perspective.

Smart people who follow Trump don't like him. They don't admire him. They aren't fooled.

They are stuck with him because he's the only one who could have wrestled the election away from their arch enemy Hillary Clinton.

Makes sense.
So, Trump could be a mass-murderer, rapist and child molester but republicans wouldn't mind as long as he beat Hillary.

Got it.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
So, Trump could be a mass-murderer and child molester but republicans wouldn't mind as long as he beat Hillary.

Got it.
One time, local talk show host Jeff Ward (who is also a genius) asked Trump callers to his show what could Trump do to lose your support?

Nothing, was the answer. Absolutely nothing. Headless body in the trunk of his car? No, that wouldn't cause them to withdraw their support.

Compromise with the Democrats? YES. THAT. That would cause him to lose their support.

For God's sake, the other day he sided with Kim on the Otto Warmbier murder, absolving Kim of being complicit, when he was, in fact responsible.

I don't think he lost a single supporter.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:33 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,023 times
Quote:
So, Trump could be a mass-murderer, rapist and child molester but republicans wouldn't mind as long as he beat Hillary.

Got it.
You just described Hillary but you missed war-monger, Charity embezzler, traitor, cash for access, race pandering and KKK lover.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 PM

5,980 posts, read 2,234,421 times
Quote:
Got it.

I can't believe you admitted it

Old 03-01-2019, 12:43 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
You just described Hillary but you missed war-monger, Charity embezzler, traitor, cash for access, race pandering and KKK lover.
still choosing to ignore reality!

so America becoming a country run by a dictator and his family is okay with you!

what a kick in the face to those whose family members died trying to keep this country a democracy you drumf supporters keep giving!

keep supporting him and soon enough you all will have the dictatorship you all long for

Old 03-01-2019, 12:43 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Quote:

Got it.

That's pretty much what the Donald said: "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and people would still support me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

Got a last name for 'this' Hillary? If you are attempting to refer to Hillary Clinton I would like to see some links to CREDIBLE sources for the accusations which you have made. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:47 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Smart people who love America will choose a flawed human being to be President who loves America over any flawed human being who does not love America.
In that case, America is still waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies