Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 12:09 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times

Advertisements

As long as those movies remain fun and entertaining I will continue to watch them, diversity or not. If they are going to be served with a dose of anti-white bitterness though, I won't find them as entertaining and won't watch them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 12:10 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,394,978 times
You'd think Disney might learn a lesson from Star Wars. Apparently not.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:14 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
meh.

i think the bigger question is if the market will sustain the current quantity/momentum of super-hero movies. marvel did an excellent ( but not flawless ) job of bringing their properties to the screen but.... disney is ultimately in charge now ( along with the star wars universe that i'd combine with the super-hero genre ). add to that sony's desperate desire to do the most with their ownership of spiderman/villians, netflix's cancellation of multiple super-hero series, DC's perpetual disappointments at the box-office outside of the dark night and wonder woman and FOX's dilemma with the hot mess that is their handling of the fantastic four and i think we have the makings for a sudden crash of the genre ( altho i believe it will continue, just not at this level ).
Uh, the reason why Netflix cancelled it's superhero series is because Disney is going to be taking them to their streaming service. And there is no slow down with superheroes. Infinity Wars and Black Panther last year were the two top selling movies world wide and domestic, and we also had Aquaman, Deadpool 2, Venom and Ant-Man and Wasp rounding out the top 11 for box office world wide.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:16 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
As long as those movies remain fun and entertaining I will continue to watch them, diversity or not. If they are going to be served with a dose of anti-white bitterness though, I won't find them as entertaining and won't watch them.
That's not what I am asking though. What do you think about how they are taking out all other movies so you only have Captain Marvel to watch. This is happening on a global scale.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:20 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
That's not what I am asking though. What do you think about how they are taking out all other movies so you only have Captain Marvel to watch. This is happening on a global scale.
Not a fan. In general I think the entertainment industry is suffering from the same monopolization problem that Big Tech is. We need to start enforcing anti-trust laws again, but we won't because our government is paid off. We need another Teddy Roosevelt, but there isn't one.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why are you surprised? Disney and the rest if Hollywood are Far Left Progressive activists that are attempting to change America into a totalitarian state through what people watch. Turn them off.
Give it a rest already. Everything is not a conspiracy.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Not a fan. In general I think the entertainment industry is suffering from the same monopolization problem that Big Tech is. We need to start enforcing anti-trust laws again, but we won't because our government is paid off. We need another Teddy Roosevelt, but there isn't one.
This Republican would gladly vote for even a Democrat who is against this big media mergers and semi-monopoly issues.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:50 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
You'd think Disney might learn a lesson from Star Wars. Apparently not.

What lesson would that be?

Lot's of man-children thinking that they own the fandom there, too. Thank you, next.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
What I think? I think they are doing all they can except address the bigoted comments from the female lead, that is what I think. Netflix also changed up their system due to the negativity from Amy Schumer, and now YouTube is considering removing or modifying the dislike button due to similar reasons.

Brie is trying to turn it into "a bigoted attack on women" all forgetting no one has had issues with numerous female lead roles such as Wonder Woman, Ripley in "Alien" series, or Conner in "Terminator" series. But Brie expects to rattle off such bigoted statements, against the largest segment of the fan base, and have zero consequences for it, not only Brie, but her corporate handlers as well.

As for the Rotten Tomatoes, yea, it is "trolling" when the interest percent is not quite what you want. She said some bigoted statements, alienating a lot of the demographic, thus they have stated they do not have an interest in watching the movie, but hey, that is "trolling" to them.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What lesson would that be?

Lot's of man-children thinking that they own the fandom there, too. Thank you, next.
As opposed to "woman-children?" How does this work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies