Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 07:29 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times

Advertisements

A two bit rapper was shot a couple weeks ago by police in Vallejo California.

Here are important facts to know about this case:

The 21 year old rapper fell asleep in his Mercedes while at the drive through at Taco Bell
The rapper's car was in drive, not in park
There were cars in front and back
The rapper had a semi automatic weapon ON HIS LAP (which was reported stolen from Oregon)
The police called for reinforcements and tried repeatedly to awaken the man
The police eventually broke the window and yelled for him to place his hands up
The 21 year old rapper did not obey the command to show his hands and instead reached for his weapon.
The 21 year old rapper was shot over 20 times.

See: Rapper shot dead by Vallejo police in drive-through - Video | WTXF

The family is now crying racism. Here is the CNN article, complete with a speech from the rapper's sister. No rebuttal of her claims she made so as to amplify the race baiting.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/01/u...uit/index.html

When HuffPo reported on this story, they mentioned the gun but mentioned only that the rapper fell asleep at Taco Bell and far later mentioned that this was in the DRIVE THROUGH even though that is a salient fact which should have been mentioned up front. Instead focusing on the fact that the young man "fell asleep at Taco Bell". More race baiting.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b0e37a1ed2b2e5

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 03-01-2019 at 08:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 07:39 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
huf&puf does mention the drive-thru later on-

“According to Vallejo police, employees at a local Taco Bell called 911 at about 10:30 p.m. on Feb. 9 after spotting McCoy “slumped over” behind the wheel of his car, which still had its engine running, in the eatery’s drive-thru.”

Old 02-14-2020, 04:30 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,137,328 times
"A thin piece of plastic covering the missing window............."

Sounds like the car was stolen.

Old 02-20-2020, 05:08 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
A two bit rapper was shot a couple weeks ago by police in Vallejo California.

Here are important facts to know about this case:

The 21 year old rapper fell asleep in his Mercedes while at the drive through at Taco Bell
The rapper's car was in drive, not in park
There were cars in front and back
The rapper had a semi automatic weapon ON HIS LAP (which was reported stolen from Oregon)
The police called for reinforcements and tried repeatedly to awaken the man
The police eventually broke the window and yelled for him to place his hands up
The 21 year old rapper did not obey the command to show his hands and instead reached for his weapon.
The 21 year old rapper was shot over 20 times.

See: Rapper shot dead by Vallejo police in drive-through - Video | WTXF

The family is now crying racism. Here is the CNN article, complete with a speech from the rapper's sister. No rebuttal of her claims she made so as to amplify the race baiting.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/01/u...uit/index.html

When HuffPo reported on this story, they mentioned the gun but mentioned only that the rapper fell asleep at Taco Bell and far later mentioned that this was in the DRIVE THROUGH even though that is a salient fact which should have been mentioned up front. Instead focusing on the fact that the young man "fell asleep at Taco Bell". More race baiting.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b0e37a1ed2b2e5
Between CNN and NowThis News, I think I might trust CNN more on such race-baiting stories.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:02 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post

Is this item legal in CA?

Old 02-21-2020, 05:25 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Remember how CNN edited the Zimmerman 911 call to make it appear as though the attack was racially motivated?

Old 02-21-2020, 07:37 AM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Remember how CNN edited the Zimmerman 911 call to make it appear as though the attack was racially motivated?
No, that was NBC.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:32 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
Tuesday night I fell asleep on the couch while news surfing. I woke up listening to a cable news channel and followed it for a while. My glasses were off and my eyes were closed. i just listened to the dialogue. I remembered tuning in to CNN just to catch up on the crazies, them or MSNBC. But this host came across as pretty objective and what's more the guest being interviewed was sharing some critical opinions of the dem candidates while being honest about Trump's missteps. I thought, wow, late night CNN had changed, they'd stopped being so blatantly partisan and were almost daring in offering thoughtful discussions. Even mixing criticisms of Trump in with compliments.
I then put my glasses on and saw I had flipped to Fox before dozing off. Silly me.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:36 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
Wow, this is the 2nd triggered post about CNN from the far-right this morning.

If you don't like CNN, don't watch it or click on their website.

Problem solved.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:02 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Wow, this is the 2nd triggered post about CNN from the far-right this morning.

If you don't like CNN, don't watch it or click on their website.

Problem solved.
Lol...sweet. I haven't been described as "far right" in a while....mostly I've had angry righties calling me a left winger and prog when I supported some of Obama's stuff but it varies based upon just how impaired the poster is.

My thread on CNN used them as an example and cited that the problem includes all media including FOX.

Seems like you don't read very well if you think that attacking FOX for reporting bias as well is a "right wing" move.

P.S. You're still not using the word triggered correctly. Are you a boomer just repeating a word you think makes you sound younger without knowing how to apply it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies