Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 03:30 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,510,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
A lot of these numbers they are coming up with are due to poor past records and the fact that there are thousands more temp measurement sites today than in years past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 04:45 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Don't let the warmists use the bait and switch tactic. Hold them to account. Do not let them use the term climate change. The climate is in a constant state of change and has been for the entire life of the planet. AGW, Anthropogenic Global Warming is what they first touted as settled science. The very definition is man caused global warming. When you allow them to use the term climate change interchangeably with AGW, they can then claim you are denying climate change. I do not deny climate change, what I do deny is man's effect on the climate.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...228-story.html
Weather sure has been more erratic than we are use to these days.

In some areas it is the coolest it has been and in others it is the warmest it has been.

So many weather related records being broken.

I am no expert on climate and definitely not an expert on science and how chemicals impact our environment.

I leave that to the scientists and experts. Most of them seem to have concerns about our climate.

But you aren't worried about what most of the experts say.....so okay.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:58 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The earth heats and cools periodically. Fact.

AGW, unproven theory.

And? EVERY theory was unproven when first proposed, that's why they're called theories.

And there's NO compelling evidence to reject this one as having no basis.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:19 AM

33,520 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
For the month of February where I live in eastern Washington state, we averaged 17F below normal for the month and the hottest day of the month was 8F below the average temp for the month. March to date has been much colder than average with the first 12 days predicted to be about 20-30F below normal. It's 6F outside now with a windchill of -5F...Global warming (so called) is freezing my ass off.
Totally caused by AGW...The warming Arctic has changed the behavior of the jet stream, sending the polar vortex much further south than it used to...Get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies