U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 01:19 PM

30,371 posts, read 27,917,111 times

Advertisements

In his mind he’s doing great What amazes me is that he must think the rest of the world is nuts! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 07:41 PM

30,326 posts, read 47,597,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
At at press conference in Osaka, Japan, Trump was asked, “Where do you stand on that issue of federally mandated busing?”

Trump response was pure BS. “And as far as that, I will tell you in about four weeks, because we’re coming out with certain policy that’s going to be very interesting and very surprising, I think, to a lot of people.”

He went to pontificate about how this was primary method of getting people to schools and how we would all be hearing about his new policy over the next few months, ...

He clearly has no grasp of the bussing issue and is just blabbering.

If had had any idea what he was talking about, he wouldn't be promising a plan.

There will be no plan in four weeks, or four months. It is impossible to imagine a federal busing plan coming from his administration.

Might as well have had Ivanka up there blabbering away. Would have made as much sense.
What is even funnier is that he didn’t understand why he was being asked the question—
Because Biden got spanked on it by Harris at their debate night...

Old 07-03-2019, 03:05 AM

38,709 posts, read 15,165,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
What is even funnier is that he didn’t understand why he was being asked the question—
Because Biden got spanked on it by Harris at their debate night...
Not a clue about any of it.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:31 AM

30,326 posts, read 47,597,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not a clue about any of it.
I guess he couldn’t watch Fox when he was on AF1

Old 07-03-2019, 07:05 AM

38,709 posts, read 15,165,722 times
Speaking of Fox,

Old 07-03-2019, 10:42 AM

11,871 posts, read 5,020,936 times
Donald Trump, again, falsely says Obama had family separation policy

Quote:
Our ruling
Trump said, "When I became president, President Obama had a separation policy. I didn’t have it. He had it."

The Obama administration did not have a policy to separate families arriving illegally at the border. Family separations rarely happened under the Obama administration, which sought to keep families together in detention. Then, based on a court decision, it released families together out of detention.

Separations under Trump happened systematically as a result of his administration’s policy to prosecute all adults crossing the border illegally. After mounting public pressure and criticism, Trump signed an executive order to stop separating families. Around 2,800 children have been reunited with their families because a court ordered the Trump administration to do so.

Trump repeatedly attempts to change the narrative about family separations, but the facts remain the same. Obama did not pass down to Trump a policy to separate families.

Trump’s claim is inaccurate. We rate it False.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:55 AM

10,720 posts, read 4,479,391 times
Trump and the IG for DHS will be going at it next. Trump can't handle the truth.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:58 AM

10,720 posts, read 4,479,391 times
I wonder if Trump tried to get Pence to go to France for the WWC final.

That may be why he had stay in DC.

Problem with that is the delegation will now be some people from Commerce Dept. Very low on the pole.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:38 AM

31,688 posts, read 19,796,660 times
Default Trump fulfilled promise of making income tax forms on a post card!

That is a two-sided post card with 6 supplementary worksheets!

Anyone tired of being lied to by the GOP yet?

Quote:
Republicans have long been obsessed with the dumb promise of letting people file taxes on a postcard, an idea that has no policy merits whatsoever and is also totally unrealistic.

However, rather than admit that this was a silly thing to have run around the country saying, or just quietly drop it, the Trump White House got the Treasury Department to redesign form 1040 so that they can say it fits on a double-sided postcard. Except to shrink the three-page form down to a double-sided postcard, they end up needing to ask Americans to use six supplementary schedules and a few extra forms.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...card-schedules

Old 07-04-2019, 09:40 AM

40,669 posts, read 3,092,579 times
When we filed our taxes, earlier this year, I think there was more paperwork than before, even though everything is pretty much the same, year to year, there was more supplemental schedules required. We mail ours in, so I am aware of the extra papers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or