Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2019, 01:59 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Here is my question. With everyone KNOWING he lies as much as he does “other then his supporters.” It’s even on record wouldn’t Compulsive lying be enough to prove he’s to unstable to be president?
You would think...but look at how long this has been allowed to continue. I have said, some would lose an ordinary job for less. But he gets to be there, creating chaos and wasting everyone's time.

Old 09-14-2019, 07:48 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It's the same thing that Donny does, the whole "many people are saying". Who are these people? When pressed for specifics, they fold like a cheap suit.
Maybe some of CD's resident Trumpies can help us out here and name some of these "progressives who are mourning Bolton's firing".

Old 09-14-2019, 08:25 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Default We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. ~George Orwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
On Wednesday, the 18th anniversary of the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11, Trump spoke at the Pentagon, which was hit by one of the planes. And he told yet a different version of his ever-changing story of what he saw and did that day. He’s told several obvious lies about it over the years. He said:

I vividly remember when I first heard the news. I was sitting at home watching a major business television show. Early that morning, Jack Welch, the legendary head of General Electric, was about to be interviewed, when all of a sudden they cut away. At first there were different reports. ‘It was a boiler fire,’ but I knew that boilers aren’t at the top of a building. ‘It was a kitchen explosion in Windows on the World.’ Nobody really knew what happened. There was great confusion. I was looking out of a window from a building in Midtown Manhattan directly at the World Trade Center when I saw a second plane at a tremendous speed go into the second tower. It was then that I realized the world was going to change.”

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispat...aign=FBCP-PATH

Here is my question. With everyone KNOWING he lies as much as he does “other then his supporters.”
It’s even on record wouldn’t Compulsive lying be enough to prove he’s to unstable to be president?
Quote:
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.
~George Orwell
Compulsive lying is enough to prove he's unsuitable.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:51 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Compulsive lying is enough to prove he's unsuitable.
IF the GOP gave 2 cents about American democracy, it would be—but they don’t
We see it every day since he was sworn in and subjected America and the world to the asinine story line about having the crowd at the Inauguration covered up by the media to make Trump look bad
The media doesn’t have to make Trump look bad—-he does it all on his own, without any help from anyone.
In fact he wouldn’t listen to advisors who try to keep him from showing the Emperor has no clothes...

New story out that the Air Force is saying that Trump’s compromising and stealing money from some of their projects will compromise national security...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...risks-n1054091

So who do you trust?
The Air Force analysts about the effect of incomplete projects in various bases around the world?
Or Trump’s insane commitment to building a border wall he could have funded if he was willing to compromise with Democrats more than a year ago???

Old 09-14-2019, 11:50 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
IF the GOP gave 2 cents about American democracy, it would be—but they don’t
We see it every day since he was sworn in and subjected America and the world to the asinine story line about having the crowd at the Inauguration covered up by the media to make Trump look bad
The media doesn’t have to make Trump look bad—-he does it all on his own, without any help from anyone.
In fact he wouldn’t listen to advisors who try to keep him from showing the Emperor has no clothes...

New story out that the Air Force is saying that Trump’s compromising and stealing money from some of their projects will compromise national security...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...risks-n1054091

So who do you trust?
The Air Force analysts about the effect of incomplete projects in various bases around the world?
Or Trump’s insane commitment to building a border wall he could have funded if he was willing to compromise with Democrats more than a year ago???
This is the depth to which we've sunk.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:06 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Lightbulb .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This is such a tired and pointless comment I'm surprised to see it posted yet again.

Of course, "bad people" are an issue.

And "bad people" with guns are even worse.

I've never been shot by someone without a gun!

Old 09-14-2019, 08:10 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I've never been shot by someone without a gun!

I've never shot anyone with my guns.
I can leave it on the table for weeks without fear of it shooting anyone by itself.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:21 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I've never shot anyone with my guns.
I can leave it on the table for weeks without fear of it shooting anyone by itself.
Tipsy, you need to sober up and think this one through.

Old 09-15-2019, 10:24 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
This is the depth to which we've sunk.
No—I think the new story about how the FBI was prevented from investigating Bret Kavanaugh’s Yale pants-dropping/penis-exposure story by WH intervention will prove we are sinking deeper minute by minute
Barr apparently is giving DoJ staffers who helped get Kavanaugh pushed through the approval process an award for their efforts—an award that usually goes to DoJ people who actually cut down on criminal activity, brought guilty people to the bar of justice...
Totally NOT appropriate for forcing a frat boy who bullies women into a seat on the Supreme Court...

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ett-kavanaugh/

Any area that you want to look below the surface and really “dig” into the facts will likely bring additional proof of malfeasance, abuse of power, criminal involvement...and a decided involvement in anti-democratic efforts

Old 09-15-2019, 10:47 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
didn't Obama say insurance premiums would go down "by up to 3000 percent" mine was cancelled by the insurance co and I had to buy a new policy at about a 25% higher premium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies