Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 08:23 AM

108 posts, read 42,021 times

Advertisements

Red Flag Laws. Here’s a scenario... It’s a Sunday night and your family has all gone to bed. You let the dogs back in and lock the deadbolt like you do every night. All the lights are off now except a couple of night lights scattered throughout the house leaving that dim glow throughout your home. It’s bedtime and work and school are going to come early in the morning. You crawl in bed, kiss your wife and drift off to sleep being thankful for the air conditioning that allows you to pull that heavy quilt up over your shoulder despite the fact it’s still 85 degrees outside.

A few hours pass... 0200 Monday morning and your wife taps your leg and says, “baby I heard something outside”. As you sit up in bed you hear the dog growling in the living room and you know something isn’t right. You grab that trusty ole 870 and head into the living room. Your wife grabs her 9mm and heads down the hall to the kids rooms just like you have rehearsed. “Good boy” you say as you enter the living room, trying to calm both the dog and your wife just as splinters fly across the room and the front door flys open.

“Oh Crap!” As you shoulder your weapon and send a load of 00 Buck across your living room and see the perpetrator fall in a heap. Before the “thank God” can even run across your brain, you see a second man coming in the door and you fire again. This time you hear the pop of your wife’s 9mm as she has joined in the fight. It has to be those damn meth heads from down in town! Just then you are consumed by a wall of bullets as you see multiple muzzle flashes from just outside the door and you realize something isn’t right. You turn to yell at your wife to “get down” just in time to see her take a load of buckshot to the face and her brain matter splatter the wall behind her. You feel the burning as 5.56 bullets Riddle your body. One clips your spine as you’re scrambling away and paralyzes your lower body.

The last thing you see before you bleed out is a SWAT guy from your local PD holding your teenage daughter on the floor with a knee in her back as she screams and cry’s because she just watched her parents being murdered. Why did this happen? You’re no criminal. You’re a Conservative and an honest family man. Your wife is a school teacher and your daughters are on honor roll. Why did this happen? Well two days ago, you and your wife went down to welcome the new neighbors to the community. Your wife made them some of her “world famous” cookies and you invited them to church on Sunday. Later that afternoon, you got a friend request on Facebook from your new neighbor, which you gladly accepted. They seemed a little odd, but in the few minutes you talked they were pleasant enough.

The next day while you and your family sat in church, your new neighbor scrolled through your Facebook profile. He saw that “Trump 2020” post and got infuriated. See, he’s a staunch liberal and he hates your kind. The next thing he sees are the hunting pictures you took last fall when your daughter bagged her first buck. Now he’s seething with fury because he is wholeheartedly against the “slaughter of innocent animals”. Next he sees your post from the last range day with your buddy and sees those scary black assault weapons on the table and that does it! He has to do something about the racist domestic terrorist living next door.

He picks up the phone, calls the local Sheriffs Office and reports you as a threat under the new Red Flag law. The SO follows their SOP’s and conducts a no knock warrant because you have now been denied due process and you are considered guilty until proven innocent. Now you, your lovely wife and two deputies have been killed for nothing. Your daughter will have absolute hell for the rest of her life. She will never be that successful person you dreamed for her to be because of the mental tragedy caused from seeing her parents murdered.

The local news paper will report that you were killed after firing on and killing two deputies and that “over a thousand rounds of ammo and 22 guns were confiscated from your residence”. Oh, those two deputies were just following orders. They left behind families as well and had served their community for over a decade. They didn’t know you were a stand-up guy with a great family. They weren’t allowed time to investigate things under due process. They were told you had threatened your neighbor and were out in the street waving an AR15 around. This is the reality of Red Flag gun laws. Innocent people will lose their lives. Red Flag laws will be used for petty and vengeful reasons without merit. -Chris Anders

Taken from FB and this is a VERY real scenario...also a reason I REFUSE to add people I don't know and my profile is completely locked down....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
Red Flag Laws. Here’s a scenario... It’s a Sunday night and your family has all gone to bed. You let the dogs back in and lock the deadbolt like you do every night. All the lights are off now except a couple of night lights scattered throughout the house leaving that dim glow throughout your home. It’s bedtime and work and school are going to come early in the morning. You crawl in bed, kiss your wife and drift off to sleep being thankful for the air conditioning that allows you to pull that heavy quilt up over your shoulder despite the fact it’s still 85 degrees outside.

A few hours pass... 0200 Monday morning and your wife taps your leg and says, “baby I heard something outside”. As you sit up in bed you hear the dog growling in the living room and you know something isn’t right. You grab that trusty ole 870 and head into the living room. Your wife grabs her 9mm and heads down the hall to the kids rooms just like you have rehearsed. “Good boy” you say as you enter the living room, trying to calm both the dog and your wife just as splinters fly across the room and the front door flys open.

“Oh Crap!” As you shoulder your weapon and send a load of 00 Buck across your living room and see the perpetrator fall in a heap. Before the “thank God” can even run across your brain, you see a second man coming in the door and you fire again. This time you hear the pop of your wife’s 9mm as she has joined in the fight. It has to be those damn meth heads from down in town! Just then you are consumed by a wall of bullets as you see multiple muzzle flashes from just outside the door and you realize something isn’t right. You turn to yell at your wife to “get down” just in time to see her take a load of buckshot to the face and her brain matter splatter the wall behind her. You feel the burning as 5.56 bullets Riddle your body. One clips your spine as you’re scrambling away and paralyzes your lower body.

The last thing you see before you bleed out is a SWAT guy from your local PD holding your teenage daughter on the floor with a knee in her back as she screams and cry’s because she just watched her parents being murdered. Why did this happen? You’re no criminal. You’re a Conservative and an honest family man. Your wife is a school teacher and your daughters are on honor roll. Why did this happen? Well two days ago, you and your wife went down to welcome the new neighbors to the community. Your wife made them some of her “world famous” cookies and you invited them to church on Sunday. Later that afternoon, you got a friend request on Facebook from your new neighbor, which you gladly accepted. They seemed a little odd, but in the few minutes you talked they were pleasant enough.

The next day while you and your family sat in church, your new neighbor scrolled through your Facebook profile. He saw that “Trump 2020” post and got infuriated. See, he’s a staunch liberal and he hates your kind. The next thing he sees are the hunting pictures you took last fall when your daughter bagged her first buck. Now he’s seething with fury because he is wholeheartedly against the “slaughter of innocent animals”. Next he sees your post from the last range day with your buddy and sees those scary black assault weapons on the table and that does it! He has to do something about the racist domestic terrorist living next door.

He picks up the phone, calls the local Sheriffs Office and reports you as a threat under the new Red Flag law. The SO follows their SOP’s and conducts a no knock warrant because you have now been denied due process and you are considered guilty until proven innocent. Now you, your lovely wife and two deputies have been killed for nothing. Your daughter will have absolute hell for the rest of her life. She will never be that successful person you dreamed for her to be because of the mental tragedy caused from seeing her parents murdered.

The local news paper will report that you were killed after firing on and killing two deputies and that “over a thousand rounds of ammo and 22 guns were confiscated from your residence”. Oh, those two deputies were just following orders. They left behind families as well and had served their community for over a decade. They didn’t know you were a stand-up guy with a great family. They weren’t allowed time to investigate things under due process. They were told you had threatened your neighbor and were out in the street waving an AR15 around. This is the reality of Red Flag gun laws. Innocent people will lose their lives. Red Flag laws will be used for petty and vengeful reasons without merit. -Chris Anders

Taken from FB and this is a VERY real scenario...also a reason I REFUSE to add people I don't know and my profile is completely locked down....
https://twitter.com/MikeWJZ/status/1059418477965049856

Here is a real scenario....
It is called, dying on your feet, before you ever live on your knees.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://twitter.com/MikeWJZ/status/1059418477965049856

Here is a real scenario....
It is called, dying on your feet, before you ever live on your knees.
Can't rep you again yet but I remember when they murdered that man for defending himself and his home. People wonder why I don't talk about what I have or where I live exactly etc....Never know who you pill make mad if these kinds of laws ever pass federally or in my state.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:36 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
In before the deniers and excuse makers...

It is a very real scenario - and what's more pathetic about it is that I believe that some of those who support such violations of our rights won't care because all that matters to them is "by any means necessary".

I keep seeing lefties on social media blabbering on about how we are "this close to civil war" - it's like they want it to happen.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:38 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
All that is possible, it could really happen. That is why smart people do not post potentially damaging intel on social media. What gun owner would post a photo of his gear? What sane person would post their pride for our President beyond a few "he is not that bad" and what really gets me is when people post their vacation plans. There is nothing like telling the world that you just hopped on a plane and won't be back for a week or 2.

Red Flag scenarios like the one the OP mentions are scary for anyone. We already have them in the form of children that can falsely accuse an adult of touching them. A wife can tell the Police that her ex husband threatened her. The Police have to take these accusations seriously.

I know a guy that was under a great strain at work and home and he said something about harming himself. His wife thought it was credible enough to call the Police. They actually stopped the commuter train he was on short of the station, bordered the train and removed him. They went to his house and confiscated his 2 rifles. I think it was an extreme how they treated him because he was never in any real danger of harming himself but how does one know for sure? I don't know if he ever got his rifles back but then again his wife never liked them anyways...

Real threats need to be checked out by the authorities. False red flags are a real concern and those that report them should be prosecuted for doing so.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In before the deniers and excuse makers...

It is a very real scenario - and what's more pathetic about it is that I believe that some of those who support such violations of our rights won't care because all that matters to them is "by any means necessary".

I keep seeing lefties on social media blabbering on about how we are "this close to civil war" - it's like they want it to happen.
I want it to happen as well because its BOUND to happen anyways.. The left can claim they want "common sense gun control" all they want we all know their end goal is a disarmed populace to force on us their agenda in full force,an agenda they CAN'T enforce when people are armed and will fight back against it. I know many leftists are armed as well but no where near as much as conservative Americans or those even farther to the right are. This is bound to happen and won't end how those on the left think it will.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:41 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Question is how can we make red flag laws more palatable? Or are they inherently flawed? I think one thing you probably should get rid of is the no knock warrant in most cases. Also, merely receiving a phone call about someone perceiving you as a "threat" shouldn't be enough for the police to take any action.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:44 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Question is how can we make red flag laws more palatable? Or are they inherently flawed? I think one thing you probably should get rid of is the no knock warrant in most cases. Also, merely receiving a phone call about someone perceiving you as a "threat" shouldn't be enough for the police to take any action.
One of those who died in Florida, someone who as mad at him called in and later admitted that she lied.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:46 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Great post OP and a very real very scary scenario. Seeing support for these Red Flag laws is just angering me, it is doing nothing but pitting friend against friend, neighbor against neighbor and brother against brother. Now , every firearms owner is a suspect and every anti gunner is a threat. Way to go Federal government and Liberals ! Just more divisiveness, coming from the party of diversity...

Even worse, is after several years of these laws, once they have become "normalized" , somehow the left will state that those that own firearms have "mental issues" and are possible threats. Then that door gets kicked in, firearms confiscated, and the 2A eventually circumvented.

If people don't think these laws will be abused then completely clueless and naïve.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:48 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
What makes you think a couple of dead racist cops, a couple of dead deplorables, and a teenage girl who will now probably have to use a lot of social services and therefore be beholden to democrats is a bad outcome to gun grabbing leftists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies