Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 07:22 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So what was this sentence supposed to be, according to the 'Fake news' Democrat left media experts on television? What was it? Eighty years? More?

It was all crap. Just more 'Fake news'.

All of you who believed it are suckers and fools.
It was between 19-24 years as I recall. Can you cite this 80 year source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 07:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So what was this sentence supposed to be, according to the 'Fake news' Democrat left media experts on television? What was it? Eighty years? More?

It was all crap. Just more 'Fake news'.

All of you who believed it are suckers and fools.
Oh, I never assumed anything except that money buys Justice in this country. I have experienced that personally for almost 50 years, so do not harbor any fantasies about "equal justice for all".

When you think of people who served years for pot...it makes you wonder. At one time it was a minimum 10 years for selling LSD, now they are using it (or similar) to try and fix PTSD in Vets and others!

Of course, we all know about the "white cocaine vs. black crack" sentencing differences.

OTOH, I know a woman (white and privileged...had 120K total net worth to pay lawyer) who killed her boyfriend with a single gut shot. Sure, they were both smashed. But she did it with a firearm.....

Got 3 years. Out and about in an 1/2 way house in 18 months.

So Paulie got more than some murderers....and that's just the first shot. We'll see if the other is tacked on or concurrent.

I wonder how they are gonna get the 24+ million out of him? I think they found 5 or 6 million in assets.

In any case, I suppose that even 4 years when you are 70 and not feeling fine is not exactly a picnic. That's a BIG percentage of the rest of your life - average Male Life Span = 78 in this country, so that's 1/2 the remainder of his life (unless he is faking all the ailments, which is possible).

Hey, if he gets out he can become a highly paid radio guy!

Somehow, tho, I think we haven't heard the end of his problems. 24 Million ain't peanuts.

"The judge also ordered Manafort to pay $24.8 million in restitution and a $50,000 fine."

Old 03-07-2019, 07:29 PM

Heck, I got my monies worth knowing he's wearing a jumpsuit with his version of MAGA on it.....

I think we may all want to buy one!
https://www.amazon.com/Manafort-Inma.../dp/B07G5XFCB4

Old 03-07-2019, 07:29 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Oh, I never assumed anything except that money buys Justice in this country. I have experienced that personally for almost 50 years, so do not harbor any fantasies about "equal justice for all".

When you think of people who served years for pot...it makes you wonder. At one time it was a minimum 10 years for selling LSD, now they are using it (or similar) to try and fix PTSD in Vets and others!

Of course, we all know about the "white cocaine vs. black crack" sentencing differences.

OTOH, I know a woman (white and privileged...had 120K total net worth to pay lawyer) who killed her boyfriend with a single gut shot. Sure, they were both smashed. But she did it with a firearm.....

Got 3 years. Out and about in an 1/2 way house in 18 months.

So Paulie got more than some murderers....and that's just the first shot. We'll see if the other is tacked on or concurrent.

I wonder how they are gonna get the 24+ million out of him? I think they found 5 or 6 million in assets.

In any case, I suppose that even 4 years when you are 70 and not feeling fine is not exactly a picnic. That's a BIG percentage of the rest of your life - average Male Life Span = 78 in this country, so that's 1/2 the remainder of his life (unless he is faking all the ailments, which is possible).

Hey, if he gets out he can become a highly paid radio guy!

Somehow, tho, I think we haven't heard the end of his problems. 24 Million ain't peanuts.

"The judge also ordered Manafort to pay $24.8 million in restitution and a $50,000 fine."
They will just track his assets and income—like they did such a good job of it before
He has money hidden in places even Derapaska couldn’t find it—that is hidden...

Old 03-07-2019, 07:33 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
It was between 19-24 years as I recall. Can you cite this 80 year source?
Here you go. From AP News:

https://www.apnews.com/6394cb4368ca44648aa2a55f4c3b3e3c

Old 03-07-2019, 07:34 PM

I do wonder how Ellis will be regarded in the circle of Federal justices though
I think this case showed Manafort was a big time crook—even if Ellis thought he was blameless
He wasn’t and Washington knows it—because Washington has lot more criminals doing exactly the same thing...

What does Ellis have against Mueller?
I read he is a real PITA and prima-donna in his court
He showed that in the trial very effectively
But this seems a real thumbing his nose at the DoJ...

Old 03-07-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
They will just track his assets and income—like they did such a good job of it before
He has money hidden in places even Derapaska couldn’t find it—that is hidden...
Somehow I don't think it will buy him much happiness in a Wheelchair in his late 70's.

But, yeah, plenty of Russian Oligarchs and accounts who will surely pay up for him keeping his mouth shut.

The right wing and pro-Russian forces in this country will provide him a tidy lifestyle, I'm sure. A GoFundMe would raise a bunch...all he needs to do is chant "Wall".

Old 03-07-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I do wonder how Ellis will be regarded in the circle of Federal justices though
I think this case showed Manafort was a big time crook—even if Ellis thought he was blameless
He wasn’t and Washington knows it—because Washington has lot more criminals doing exactly the same thing...

What does Ellis have against Mueller?
I read he is a real PITA and prima-donna in his court
He showed that in the trial very effectively
But this seems a real thumbing his nose at the DoJ...
If anyone needs reminding about just one tiny part of his "blameless life":
His Daughters Text Records.

His own daughters....
"You know he has killed people in Ukraine" - "The Money we have is blood money"....

Old 03-07-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Somehow I don't think it will buy him much happiness in a Wheelchair in his late 70's.

But, yeah, plenty of Russian Oligarchs and accounts who will surely pay up for him keeping his mouth shut.

The right wing and pro-Russian forces in this country will provide him a tidy lifestyle, I'm sure. A GoFundMe would raise a bunch...all he needs to do is chant "Wall".
Manafort is likely counting on Trump to pardon him
Don’t think it will materialize
Maybe Trump put the screws to Ellis to give Manafort a very light sentence vs having to pull out the pardon power himself...

Old 03-07-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
If anyone needs reminding about just one tiny part of his "blameless life":
His Daughters Text Records.

His own daughters....
"You know he has killed people in Ukraine" - "The Money we have is blood money"....
I don’t think his daughter was called as a witness — too bad...
Her phone hack put lot of his bad dealings out in public perview
And she changed her name from Manafort to her mother’s maiden name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies