Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 11:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Democratic Party was the conservative party when the KKK was founded in 1865. The Republicans were the Liberal party that kept the union together and freed the slaves. A hundred years later the two parties swapped ideologies. Today the conservative party still owns the KKK.

Deal with it.
Endless brands within every political party, then and now. The Southern Democrat was one brand that permeated in the South. It was primarily responsible for state and local Jim Crow Laws.

It broke from the Democrat party in the late 40’s and formed the short- lived Dixiecrats to oppose Truman’s goal of desegregation. A more serious break came when many voted for Goldwater and did so because Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act.

Then came the “ Southern Strategy” employed by the RNC and Goldwater/ Nixon to flip states. Some 40 years later, in 2005, then RNC chair publicly apologized for these strategies at the NAACP’s annual meeting in Milwaukee.

The KKK was initially formed by Confederate Veterans to ensure white supremacy. Generally speaking, it was anti- Catholic and opposed unions. Given the geography, it’s likely most members identified as Southern Democrats. That is not the same thing as being formed by the DNC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 11:31 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
welp...he's done. That has to be some sort of record.

"Biden took a lead role in the fight, speaking out repeatedly and forcefully against sending white children to majority-black schools and black children to majority-white schools. He played down the persistence of overt racism and suggested that the government should have a limited role in integration."

"I do not buy the concept, popular in the '60s, which said, 'We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race,' " Biden told a Delaware-based weekly newspaper in 1975. "I don't buy that."

Philly News

https://www.philly.com/politics/nati...-20190307.html
I gather you much prefer Trump's racism back in his day.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And the rationalization and excuse making begin.
Prove me wrong then.

Prove that Biden's stance in the 1970s was not common among members of both parties.

We'll wait.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:12 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
welp...he's done. That has to be some sort of record.

"Biden took a lead role in the fight, speaking out repeatedly and forcefully against sending white children to majority-black schools and black children to majority-white schools. He played down the persistence of overt racism and suggested that the government should have a limited role in integration."

"I do not buy the concept, popular in the '60s, which said, 'We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race,' " Biden told a Delaware-based weekly newspaper in 1975. "I don't buy that."

Philly News

https://www.philly.com/politics/nati...-20190307.html
Your topic headline is a lie. The Democratic Party did not found the KKK. The KKK was started by disgruntled Southerners after the Civil War. While it’s possible that some of its members could have been Democrats, there was no, I repeat, no organization of the KKK by the Democratic Party.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:20 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Your topic headline is a lie. The Democratic Party did not found the KKK. The KKK was started by disgruntled Southerners after the Civil War. While it’s possible that some of its members could have been Democrats, there was no, I repeat, no organization of the KKK by the Democratic Party.
great response but not what trumplican nationalists want to hear

Old 03-08-2019, 01:42 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Prove me wrong then.

Prove that Biden's stance in the 1970s was not common among members of both parties.

We'll wait.
I don't have to prove anything. Biden made these statements. You're defending them. Did you read any of them? You know, where he talks of " the White man"? Close your eyes and be transported back to the 1850s.

If Biden had "R" after his name you'd be demanding his head.

As a note, I don't think the statements should disqualify him exactly, although he did make them as an elected official and not as a college thing like Ralph Northam.

I do however, do believe that his being a walking gaffe machine, as well as being an idiot ("Fire a warning shot") should be disqualifying.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Democratic Party was the conservative party when the KKK was founded in 1865. The Republicans were the Liberal party that kept the union together and freed the slaves. A hundred years later the two parties swapped ideologies. Today the conservative party still owns the KKK.

Deal with it.
Senator Byrd the klan recruiter who got all his buddies to join up was a dem. George Wallace the huge bigot was a dem. He would have won the democratic nomination for president until he got shot. The left has always been the party of the klan and always will. Own it.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:43 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't have to prove anything. Biden made these statements. You're defending them. Did you read any of them? You know, where he talks of " the White man"? Close your eyes and be transported back to the 1850s.

If Biden had "R" after his name you'd be demanding his head.

As a note, I don't think the statements should disqualify him exactly, although he did make them as an elected official and not as a college thing like Ralph Northam.

I do however, do believe that his being a walking gaffe machine, as well as being an idiot ("Fire a warning shot") should be disqualifying.
Why should it disqualify him? He told the truth back then.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:50 PM

209 posts, read 160,247 times
As a brown minority and a long time supporter of the democratic party in the pass, was shocked to find out about the democratic party's racist history.

1. Klu Klux Klan was created by democrats

2. During the 1924 Democratic national convention held at Madison Square Garden in New York, the most powerful bloc in the Democratic Party was the Ku Klux Klan.

3. Former Democratic governor of Alabama, George Wallace and his Ku Klux Klan buddies, ran on a platform of racial segregation. His inaugural speech concluded with the infamous line, "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."

4.Hillary Clinton's mentor is Robert Byrd, was a recruiter for the Klan while in his 20s and 30s, rising to the title of Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter.

Folks, it's in the bloodline of the democratic party, this is why Northam and his buddy wore black face and
why Northam wore a Klan hoodie.
Just look what's happening now with Ilhan Omar and Linda Sarsour
David Duke, former Grand Wizard of the KKK, defends Omar and calling her the "most important
member of the US congress". The hypocrisy of the liberal media not calling her out on this and not denouncing this support from a KKK, but when it's on the other side, you never hear the end of it from the liberal media.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:53 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Endless brands within every political party, then and now. The Southern Democrat was one brand that permeated in the South. It was primarily responsible for state and local Jim Crow Laws.

It broke from the Democrat party in the late 40’s and formed the short- lived Dixiecrats to oppose Truman’s goal of desegregation. A more serious break came when many voted for Goldwater and did so because Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act.

Then came the “ Southern Strategy” employed by the RNC and Goldwater/ Nixon to flip states. Some 40 years later, in 2005, then RNC chair publicly apologized for these strategies at the NAACP’s annual meeting in Milwaukee.

The KKK was initially formed by Confederate Veterans to ensure white supremacy. Generally speaking, it was anti- Catholic and opposed unions. Given the geography, it’s likely most members identified as Southern Democrats. That is not the same thing as being formed by the DNC.
It's pathetic that people have to keep reminding liars that they are lying.

What is the over/under for the next right wing nut job posting that the KKK = Democrats? A week? 2 Weeks?

How many black people have been tricked into voting for the GOP by this? Zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies