Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 12:07 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I feel the same way about my job, for the amount of work I do, I think the pay is pretty darn good.

Its the minimum wage cashiers and entry level people that need raises in my company, I do not have to rely on Govt assistance to meet all my bills, and still have some spending money leftover, more would always be nice, but most of these minimum wage employees can barely pay the basic bills they have, rent, utilities, food, vehicle.
If they need raises, they would have earned it already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Anything they have to pay for labor is an expense and cuts into their profits and should be free.
People should work for free.
Would you work for free?

Old 03-09-2019, 12:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A contradiction...

Trump voters are your middle class, suburban, rural, middle class.

Democrat voters are your big city wealthy or ultra welfare poor. Big gap between the two groups.

Trump and Republicans voters are the Middle Class.
WRONG. It took a bunch of middle class voters for Oklahoma County to vote for a Democrat for Congress for the first time in decades. Also many college students, even in Oklahoma, vote for Democrats.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:32 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If they need raises, they would have earned it already.
They are limited by the job positions they hold though. They will never reach the same hourly pay as I have, even if they are the PERFECT employee, who does everything right.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They are limited by the job positions they hold though. They will never reach the same hourly pay as I have, even if they are the PERFECT employee, who does everything right.
So it is moral to force other people at gunpoint to “give” them money???

Old 03-09-2019, 02:19 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,527,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So it is moral to force other people at gunpoint to “give” them money???
There is no at gunpoint. No one points a gun at my head when I pay my taxes

Old 03-09-2019, 02:27 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,400,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
The left is too fixated on their obsession with identity politics to care about the average American middle class worker.
This!

Old 03-09-2019, 06:47 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,604,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You're forgetting a key factor....Democrats Hate Hate hate the Middle class.
I'm middle class and a democrat, as well as many of my friends and family members. Why would I hate the middle class, I don't get that. Just doesn't sound right or make sense to me, but I guess you have to stick with those old outdated talking points.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:52 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,604,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A contradiction...

Trump voters are your middle class, suburban, rural, middle class.

Democrat voters are your big city wealthy or ultra welfare poor. Big gap between the two groups.

Trump and Republicans voters are the Middle Class.
I don't live in a big city and I'm middle class. As I said in an earlier post, same goes for most of my friends and family. I don't personally know any ultra poor people, or anyone in my circle on welfare. You need to get out more.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:54 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
People who are dubbed management, administrative, and professional can be required to work unpaid overtime who make more than 23,660 a year. A flaw in the Fair Labor Standards Act is that it never considered inflation when establishing who might be eligible for overtime.

Unpaid overtime is a scam. People work unpaid overtime because they are afraid that they will lose their jobs.

The Democrats should pass this so that they can show everyone who owns the republican party.

Well.... Instead of doing this, they just voted to let illegals have the right to vote. This says who is really important to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies