Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 04:29 PM

4,625 posts, read 3,371,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
AOC will turn 30 this year...

I'm sure they said the same thing about Palin.

Wait till she matures!!!! She won't say dumb things then!!
Ideologues often don't mature...that could be AOC's biggest obstacle.

Ideologically driven slogans might be "good" for campaigns and sound bites ("MAGA" "Build the Wall" and "Green New Deal"). But they are always bad for actual policy making which requires detail, nuance and compromise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 05:20 PM

19,634 posts, read 9,159,653 times
Ever read the book or see the movie "Game Change" about the 2008 election?

Both were excellent, imo, although the movie focused just on the McCain-Palin campaign. (I think that Julianne Moore's performance was uncanny on how much she matched the real Palin, both in appearance and her character.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOa98P_Mv68

Old 03-08-2019, 06:12 PM

37,036 posts, read 18,994,988 times
Quote:
It's not close yet Palins dumbass never said the crazy things that AOC has said.

I see even you are defending her.
Half the time, no one had a clue in July what in the hell Sarah was even talking about. Go to YT and listen to some of her "speeches". They sound like someone tossed a child's dictionary in a blender, dumped it out, and called it a speech.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
SNL could do a whole show on AOC.

Why do you guys defend her? This isn't a hill you should die on.
AOC is the voice of the future of politics in America. You may be talking about your president ten years in the future.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:17 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times
Sarah Palin was the victim of a very crooked MSM back when people still trusted them. It was hit job after hit job, they never gave her a fair chance and even went after her kids. After all, the nation needed a Black man to be President and they were going to do all they could to make it happen. That was their order. Trump's defeat of the MSM when they tried to pull it again with Hillary has exposed them as the charlatans they are.

I fell for the anti-Palin nonsense too back in 2008. But since then, I've come to admire the woman. Palin for her part has remained gracious throughout the last 10 years. An example that should be followed. AND, most importantly, almost everything she said, has come to pass.

AOC? She's managed to win a non-contested election by promoting what's between her legs and the faux made up nonsense of being a "Bronx Home Gurl". I will give this Westchester princess credit for pulling that one off. But beyond that, she doesn't hold a candle to Palin.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:25 PM

25,420 posts, read 9,735,287 times
Quote:
Republicans never defended Palin like this.

Goes to show Dems will hitch their wagons to the worst.
You have the shortest of memories if you don't think Republicans defended and backed Palin on everything she said and did. When they could actually understand what the hell she was saying.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sarah Palin was the victim of a very crooked MSM back when people still trusted them. It was hit job after hit job, they never gave her a fair chance and even went after her kids. After all, the nation needed a Black man to be President and they were going to do all they could to make it happen. That was their order. Trump's defeat of the MSM when they tried to pull it again with Hillary has exposed them as the charlatans they are.

I fell for the anti-Palin nonsense too back in 2008. But since then, I've come to admire the woman. Palin for her part has remained gracious throughout the last 10 years. An example that should be followed. AND, most importantly, almost everything she said, has come to pass.

AOC? She's managed to win a non-contested election by promoting what's between her legs and the faux made up nonsense of being a "Bronx Home Gurl". I will give this Westchester princess credit for pulling that one off. But beyond that, she doesn't hold a candle to Palin.
Yep. Those lowlife fake news types had the unmitigated gall to run videos of her speaking without editing them, and report on all the shenanigans her children perpetrated. It's their fault she came across as an idiot every time she opened her mouth.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:44 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,590,407 times
Lmao. I can’t believe they let you fools vote.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:51 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yep. Those lowlife fake news types had the unmitigated gall to run videos of her speaking without editing them, and report on all the shenanigans her children perpetrated. It's their fault she came across as an idiot every time she opened her mouth.

The easily influenced have the hardest time realizing they were duped.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:24 PM

24,490 posts, read 33,209,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Both given to bumper sticker slogans...which appeal to low information voters but that is where the similarities end.

Palin was older and running in the VP spot. Palin is also a quitter who clearly sold out her home state for the cash.

While I am not at all a fan of AOC she is still young enough to mature.
Do you know why she "quit?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies