Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Presidents to disclose their tax returns?
Yes 105 58.01%
No 73 40.33%
Undecided 3 1.66%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 05:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The US Constitution does not list this as a requirement to be President.

So the answer is no.
That is not how it works waldo and what is more i think you know that.

Otherwise we could not operate a modern country.... but of course there is not point getting into it, because you already know.. you just desperately want to protect Trump no matter the cost to you or the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 08:27 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
it does to Toyman.............. because the twisted logic of 8 years would protect individual 1, the unindicted co conspirator....

For Trump supporters it is all about protecting trump...
One interesting stat is that Trump has 80% support from republicans and over 30% of republicans believe Trump committed crimes prior to being POTUS.....

so they support him despite believing he was or is involved in criminal activities
We must give trump credit for one thing.

He has fully exposed the hypocrisy of the GOP. There's no going back for them.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:10 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
That is not how it works waldo and what is more i think you know that.

Otherwise we could not operate a modern country.... but of course there is not point getting into it, because you already know.. you just desperately want to protect Trump no matter the cost to you or the country.
That's not how what works? We are a nation of laws. There are set rules and guidelines that one one must follow to become president. What Waldo stated is exactly how things work.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:15 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
it does to Toyman.............. because the twisted logic of 8 years would protect individual 1, the unindicted co conspirator....

For Trump supporters it is all about protecting trump...
One interesting stat is that Trump has 80% support from republicans and over 30% of republicans believe Trump committed crimes prior to being POTUS.....

so they support him despite believing he was or is involved in criminal activities
What MSNBC, CNN, HuffPost, etc poll did you get this from? The same pollers that had Hillary winning by a landslide? I were are all these Republicans who believe Trump committed a crime, and what crime exactly do they believe he committed?

Old 03-10-2019, 08:08 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The US Constitution does not list this as a requirement to be President.

So the answer is no.
The US Constitution was amended to establish the popular election of United States Senators by the people of the states. The 17th amendment superseded Article I, §3, Clauses 1 & 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures rather than by the people.

The US Constitution could be amended to establish the direct election of POTUS by the people of the states.

Not saying this is likely to happen any time soon. Personally, I just find it interesting how the US Constitution established elections of House, Senate, & POTUS, it's interesting to consider their rationale for doing so.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
That's not how what works? We are a nation of laws. There are set rules and guidelines that one one must follow to become president. What Waldo stated is exactly how things work.
oh rubbish, every POTUS since Nixon has shown their tax returns, and TRUMP has failed to separate himself from his business interests .

It has NOTHING to do with laws, and everything to do with protecting "YOUR GUY".. If you guys gave a damn about being a "nation of laws" you would not have stood by and cheered as republicans trumped up one fake investigation after another into Hillary.

DANKO. we all know what DANKO means and it breaks a federal law thus you don't give a damn about laws. go ahead and pretend you didn't know, nobody is going to believe you.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What MSNBC, CNN, HuffPost, etc poll did you get this from? The same pollers that had Hillary winning by a landslide? I were are all these Republicans who believe Trump committed a crime, and what crime exactly do they believe he committed?

You are just exposing your weak knowledge . POLLING for the 2016 election was closer than the 2012 .. and WAS WITHIN the margin of error, you inability to understand how margins of error work reflects on YOU not polling.

and the poll in question is very well known , topical , not from a "liberal" source and you can find it on google.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:40 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Maybe we should require potential employers have access to a potential employee's medical records and DNA. In the name of transparency of course. You know, to make sure they don't have something to hide. Same premise as tax returns.

"Maybe we should require potential employers have access to a potential employee's medical records and DNA". AND THEIR TAX RETURNS!

The dems would scream bloody murder!

Old 03-10-2019, 09:46 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Look if I hire you as an employee, I would want to know everything about you. If I vote for you which means I've hired you to run our great country, I would want to know everything about you. That includes if you've cheated our country by not paying your taxes, or if you have some suspicious ties to foreign governments. If you're going to be president, we need full transparency. If you have something to hide? Don't bother running.
"Look if I hire you as an employee,"

In other words, you have NEVER owned a business.

I love all the business "experts" on here with ZERO experience !

If we enacted what you want, how many people do you think would become politicians?

Some NEVER THINK before they post.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:47 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
oh rubbish, every POTUS since Nixon has shown their tax returns, and TRUMP has failed to separate himself from his business interests .

It has NOTHING to do with laws, and everything to do with protecting "YOUR GUY".. If you guys gave a damn about being a "nation of laws" you would not have stood by and cheered as republicans trumped up one fake investigation after another into Hillary.

DANKO. we all know what DANKO means and it breaks a federal law thus you don't give a damn about laws. go ahead and pretend you didn't know, nobody is going to believe you.
Well Trump isn't my guy, I detest the man. I didn't vote for him and will never vote for him. That said just because others make public their tax returns doesn't justify making a law of it. At this point if I were him I wouldn't make them public ever, just to spite the people crying about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies