Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 02:35 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times

Advertisements

Former head of mercenary business Blackwater Erik Prince revealed in a bombshell interview Friday that he attended a meeting in Trump Tower with Donald Trump Jr. and a representative of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to discuss “Iran policy” during the presidential campaign.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...5b7861d58d/amp

Prince claimed he informed Congress when he testified, however, not everything he said made it into the transcript.

Right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 02:42 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
So I am confused, the only thing bombshell here is that Prince now admits to having the meeting. I gather the big deal is he previously lied to Congress.

Old 03-09-2019, 04:06 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Video: https://theintercept.com/2019/03/08/...p-mehdi-hasan/

Apparently, he's claiming that the Congressional transcript got it wrong.

There you have it, folks.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:32 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Former head of mercenary business Blackwater Erik Prince revealed in a bombshell interview Friday that he attended a meeting in Trump Tower with Donald Trump Jr. and a representative of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to discuss “Iran policy” during the presidential campaign.

Prince claimed he informed Congress when he testified, however, not everything he said made it into the transcript.

Right.

"Former head of mercenary business Blackwater"
When you start out with GARBAGE like this, I don't bother reading any more.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:40 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Exactly. My interest dropped at that moment.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:57 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Default Erik Prince outed for lying to Congress

In front of a live audience of grinning Englishmen at the Oxford Union, Hasan manages to get Prince to admit he met at Trump Tower in August 2016 with Stephen Miller, George Nader – a former Blackwater colleague and Saudi back-channel contact – and Donald Trump Jr. It’s a detail that Prince failed to mention when he spoke to the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee last year, and one that he fumbles over repeatedly, when Hasan asks him why he did not bring it up during his testimony:

This link is to NY Magazine but other media sources have the story
Erik Prince Is Really Bad at Lying

This is part of the transcripts that have been turned over to Mueller by the House
So it is likely Mueller will be investigating Erik Prince next
And that is a rich field to plow—
his trip to the Seychelles to meet with a Russian fund mgr is another part of his involvement
George Nader was at both of those meetings and Nader is cooperating with Mueller...

And don’t forget there were two servers chatting with Alpha Bank during the campaign
One was the Trump Server
One was with the DeVos empire
And Prince is DeVos’s brother

Old 03-09-2019, 07:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
So I am confused, the only thing bombshell here is that Prince now admits to having the meeting. I gather the big deal is he previously lied to Congress.
Prince lied about the meeting
George Nader who was at this meeting and the meeting with the Russian fund manager Prince had at the Seychelles reportedly has been “cooperating” with the Mueller investigation
So Mueller likely has more inside info than what Prince is willing to admit
And this Trump Tower meeting is part of the transcript material the Dem-led House Intelligence committee has turned over to Mueller’s investigation
So Mueller can compare Prince’s statements then with other info his investigation has access to

The fact that Prince is trying to claim he told the truth and it didn’t make it into the transcript is just deflection
Those hearings are recorded—
There is an audio and likely a video file of his testimony that can be reviewed for accuracy
Likely his lie of deliberate denial is captured on those transcripts

Old 03-09-2019, 07:17 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:

Right.

...............so he is complaining that what he didn't say didn't make it in?

Old 03-09-2019, 07:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
How is it “garbage?”

Did he or did he not own Blackwater, later Xie, a company that specialized in employing/providing mercenaries?

What is your understanding of the company’s business model?

Old 03-09-2019, 07:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
I don't get the garbage comment either.....

What do you object to ---

And he lied -- claims the transcript is wrong but I suspect the testimony was taped and the transcript was from the tape.

Why lie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies