Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 12:26 PM

293 posts, read 120,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Yes Mother....so I hid it by posting the link...and you easily found it by following the link

...the entire article is 13 pages

want me to post the entire 13 pages next time.....

we can play a game that fits your agenda too....I'll leave out one word....and you try and find it
You left out the conclusion

Perhaps you didn't read that far
Perhaps it didn't fit the point you were trying to make

Another mystery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 12:31 PM

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
You left out the conclusion

Perhaps you didn't read that far
Perhaps it didn't fit the point you were trying to make

Another mystery.

only in your head.....LOL

I posted the link...you had no trouble reading it all....now did you?

Old 03-09-2019, 12:34 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
I could see this ridiculous campaign happening in the next 25 years: "Black AI Lives Matter"!

Old 03-09-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

Meanwhile....your title is a lie, .
LOL.....it's funny.....

do self driving cars and robots use AI.....of course they do

and the very first words of the article says so...."""AI has a problem. Apparently, it's racist""""

Old 03-09-2019, 12:40 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Wait until someone discovers software that is developed to have the car avoid any and every MLK Ave in every city.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:40 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Wait until someone discovers software that is developed to have the car avoid any and every MLK Ave in every city.
Now, that would make for great YouTube comedy I suppose!

Old 03-09-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
only in your head.....LOL

I posted the link...you had no trouble reading it all....now did you?
Only in reality

You created the thread title
And chose what to quote

You clearly posted what you did, how you did with some intent

What was that intent?

Be honest with yourself, if you can

Old 03-09-2019, 12:46 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
...does AI think they all look alike??...are we ever going to get over this crap?

People with Dark Skin at Higher Risk of Being Hit by Self-Driving Cars, Study Finds

AI has a problem. Apparently, it's racist. Specifically, self-driving cars are racist because people of color have a greater chance of being run over by one than white people do, according to a new study published by the Georgia Institute of Technology.

The study concludes that the existing recognition technology used in self-driving cars has a harder time recognizing humans the darker their skin is.

It’s easy to start fretting about the coming robo-takeover and all its attendant Terminator and I, Robot-esque predictions about how artificial intelligence is coming for humanity. But for the moment, the real concerns about new technology aren’t so different from the old concerns: systemic bias against people of color.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/people-...s-study-finds/

The first obvious thing is that you don't know what the definition of racism is. I guess the goal is to make the term so amorphous that that you can then create a straw man.....or make everyone guilty of it to camouflage those really guilty of it.

That having been said, computers only do what humans program them to do. It's all code written by humans and if the code was designed and tested using light humans, that is not necessarily racist. If the intent was to design it that way based upon preserving an idea of the supremacy of whites, then that would be racist.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The first obvious thing is that you don't know what the definition of racism is. I guess the goal is to make the term so amorphous that that you can then create a straw man.....or make everyone guilty of it to camouflage those really guilty of it.
uh IS, I didn't write that......"AI has a problem. Apparently, it's racist." is from the article

Old 03-09-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
...oh for crying out loud......ROTFL

Thread title
Quote:
too funny...even AI, self driving cars, and robots....are racists
The actual point of the article
Quote:
but the problem is in the technology not in the latent racism of the developers. There are variables creating this issue in the technology that aren't connected to the motives of the developers.

we need to be careful about seeing racism everywhere. Doing so makes it harder to combat actual racism. Self-driving cars aren't racist; the technology simply has some bugs that need to be worked out."
There seems to be a pretty big disconnect

Why did you post a thread title that is so disconnected to the premise of the article that you linked to?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies