Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 08:01 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,519,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Just how do you 'deport' someone?

First, you have to find them, arrest them, charge them, house them, feed them, transport them, probably via plane. It all cost money.

Then, they get to where ever you are sending them. Do they even have documentation? Customs at the country you are deporting to has to let them in. What if they don't? Do they put them right back on a plane and send them back?

Just because you don't want them, doesn't mean some one else does or has to take them. What if they wont even tell you where they came from so you know where to try and send them back?

It all sounds like an exercise in how to spend money with out getting anywhere to me. You make it sound so easy 'just instantly deport them'.

Give the situation time...if the guests don’t leave Russia on their own...they’ll just disappear.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:02 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
Putin never has a problem getting rid of people that he doesn't want around.

What is the problem--he's never let a little thing like the law or morality stand in his way. Mere details.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:08 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Russia has the legal and political means to eventually get rid of these leeches, but America doesn't. If this were happening here, democrats would be clamoring to give these people the right to vote.
Once again, you can't prove American wants visa overstayers to vote. So far, I have yet to hear any evidence whatsoever of that from anyone. So fail on that point. Secondly, are you really suggesting America is such pathetically weak country we are unable to deport illegal immigrants? Because that's exactly what you're saying.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:18 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Are the ones you reference legal or illegal? I know that many, like you, try to ignore or obfuscate the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Legally of course.
True, if you are overstaying a soccer visa you are not there legally.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:23 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Once again, you can't prove American wants visa overstayers to vote. So far, I have yet to hear any evidence whatsoever of that from anyone. So fail on that point. Secondly, are you really suggesting America is such pathetically weak country we are unable to deport illegal immigrants? Because that's exactly what you're saying.
Not about weakness. It's about intentions. The Left sees the swarm of invaders overwhelming our nation as way to ensure their election victories forever.

The eventual reaction to this plan will be ugly to say the least.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:24 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Politically spineless, dysfunctional and corrupt I would say.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:40 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,922,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Putin never has a problem getting rid of people that he doesn't want around.

What is the problem--he's never let a little thing like the law or morality stand in his way. Mere details.
Very true.

What you aren't stating is that there is a growing portion of our citizenry here in the USA that is happy and eager to follow down that road. Trump tells them every single day that values and morality and law are "old fashioned" and should be discarded in favor of state-sponsored authoritarianism. He teaches them that constantly by buddying up with the most reviled despots in the world.

This my friend, is how democracy and freedom ends - and how people go under the boot.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:42 AM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Very true.

What you aren't stating is that there is a growing portion of our citizenry here in the USA that is happy and eager to follow down that road. Trump tells them every single day that values and morality and law are "old fashioned" and should be discarded in favor of state-sponsored authoritarianism. He teaches them that constantly by buddying up with the most reviled despots in the world.
My God you have it bad. When you make statements like that you really need to give examples.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:43 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Russia has the legal and political means to eventually get rid of these leeches, but America doesn't. If this were happening here, democrats would be clamoring to give these people the right to vote.

Your comments are false and absurd. Creative unfounded fear mongering, though.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:50 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,922,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
My God you have it bad. When you make statements like that you really need to give examples.
Look at any statement from Trump or his Putin loving followers - any day, any time. The man is a living, breathing example of neo-fascist thuggery. Or just read the poison delivered from the mindless genuflecting parrots that blather on this forum, on any forum anywhere on the Internet.

The examples my friend, are endless. Of course you have to be willing to LOOK for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies