Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 09:46 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The music is a tip off that important information is about to be revealed.

A pod cast from someone who identifies as a “ Corruption Decector” leads with a story from Gateway Pundit.

Woman goes on social media and claims an entire bar of people attacked her and her friend for wearing MAGA.

It must be true cause she said so on social media

What bar?

What time/ date?

Where is the police report?

This one does not pass the smell test.
It absolutely does not pass the smell test. I don't seen anything about this "story" on Fox news or Breitbart. And you better believe if MAGA hat wearers were attacked by liberals, it would be headline news on both of those websites.

The only proof the OP provided is a youtube video from an extremist far-right conservative youtuber.

I'm going to call BS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 10:02 AM

19,634 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It absolutely does not pass the smell test. I don't seen anything about this "story" on Fox news or Breitbart. And you better believe if MAGA hat wearers were attacked by liberals, it would be headline news on both of those websites.

The only proof the OP provided is a youtube video from an extremist far-right conservative youtuber.

I'm going to call BS
But this girl should be held accountable for slandering the Austin police if it is a made up story. She didn't name the bar or anyone else, just the police.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
But this girl should be held accountable for slandering the Austin police if it is a made up story. She didn't name the bar or anyone else, just the police.
I agree. It seems at this point, APD is purposely not commenting, maybe hoping the story will die down naturally before they have to refute it?

Old 03-11-2019, 10:12 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree. It seems at this point, APD is purposely not commenting, maybe hoping the story will die down naturally before they have to refute it?

What do you mean "die down"? There is NO news story other than a fake youtube. The Austin Police probably aren't aware of this youtube. There is no story to die down.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:15 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Did the bartender yell "this is Beto Country!" while he was choking her?

Old 03-11-2019, 10:19 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
What do you mean "die down"? There is NO news story other than a fake youtube. The Austin Police probably aren't aware of this youtube. There is no story to die down.
It's on Reddit. I would bet very strongly they know about it.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:41 AM

19,634 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
It SHOULD get traction so this woman can face consequences if it is a lie. The right would condemn her big time for going to the Smollett level. Who is she anyway? Regardless of where it is being shown, she made the video and she made a serious accusation about the police department - failing to do anything about women being beaten and choked?! Serious business... People have to learn they cannot just fabricate any tale to tell publicly without consequence.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:40 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
There's also a thread about this on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...ere_viciously/
Neither here nor there on the validity of this story, but the subreddit you quoted, r/The_Donald, despite its name, is not simply a community of Trump supporters, but a forum for openly white supremacist and neo-Nazi viewpoints. Hardly a font of credibility.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:53 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
This person who posted this believes that AOC has wisdom to build upon.

Take everything he/she says with a mountain of salt.
You're confusing me with someone else.

I don't think AOC has wisdom to build on.

I wish she'd never gotten elected.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:08 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Did the bartender yell "this is Beto Country!" while he was choking her?

Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies