Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 07:46 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times

Advertisements

Making African Americans Great Again.

We were once great. We had our indigenous culture. We had our language. We had our customs. We had strong families. We had strong villages/communities. We did not live in the shadows of other races. We were confident in our looks, our nature our psychology. Etc

America changed all those things as a result of oppression. We went from being Kunta Kinte.....to being Tobe.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-11-2019 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: Changed title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 07:49 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
50 years since the Civil Rights Act, and blacks in this country are still at a severe disadvantage.

Sad, but true. Honestly I don't even know how to fix the problem.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:51 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
As long as you focus on blaming white people for your problems you'll never have the mindset required to fix them yourself.

I'm not saying white people don't have any blame here I'm saying if that is what you keep focusing on we'll never move forward.

Last edited by Fifty Seven; 03-11-2019 at 08:16 AM..

Old 03-11-2019, 07:52 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
50 years since the Civil Rights Act, and blacks in this country are still at a severe disadvantage.

Sad, but true. Honestly I don't even know how to fix the problem.
They can take responsibility for their families and put education at the top of their priorities.
That helps lift everyone of all races out of poverty.

An Educated Black has a lot of opportunities in the US that's not open to me as a White man. They are given priority in many hiring situations.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:56 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

We were once great. We had our indigenous culture. We had our language. We had our customs. We had strong families. We had strong villages/communities. We did not live in the shadows of other races. We were confident in our looks, our nature our psychology. Etc

America changed all those things as a result of oppression.

I am not a denier of some institutional racism in this country, but I am also a believer of doing for oneself. Please don't wait for someone else to make your life what you think it should be.

If you long for traditional African culture, a new continent awaits.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:57 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

America changed all those things as a result of oppression.
You have 2 opposing thoughts here. I'm presuming that you mean the people who we now call African American had all of these attributes before being forcefully taken from Africa and enslaved in the Americas, yes? You are also trying to tag onto the white supremacist MAGA movement with Maaga but I'm not sure how that works???

Old 03-11-2019, 07:59 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They can take responsibility for their families and put education at the top of their priorities.
That helps lift everyone of all races out of poverty.

An Educated Black has a lot of opportunities in the US that's not open to me as a White man. They are given priority in many hiring situations.
Such as when?

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minoritie...ore-interviews

Old 03-11-2019, 08:02 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Many contracts are awarded to Minorities even if they are not competitive. Their prices can be higher and they still get the work.

Just one small example.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
You have 2 opposing thoughts here. I'm presuming that you mean the people who we now call African American had all of these attributes before being forcefully taken from Africa and enslaved in the Americas, yes? You are also trying to tag onto the white supremacist MAGA movement with Maaga but I'm not sure how that works???

Yes...they are opposing thoughts. MAGA is a reaction to MAAGA, or the symbolic appearance of MAAGA...aka...the first black president.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I am not a denier of some institutional racism in this country, but I am also a believer of doing for oneself. Please don't wait for someone else to make your life what you think it should be.

If you long for traditional African culture, a new continent awaits.

You make a lot of assumptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies