Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why won't Pelosi impeach Trump?
They have enough on Trump, Pelosi is just sincere in not wanting to divide the country over someone who isn't worth it 33 21.85%
Pelosi is waiting for more to come from the fishing expedition 7 4.64%
They clearly don't have enough or perhaps even anything impeachable on Trump 111 73.51%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 08:28 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,797,954 times

Advertisements

It is an interesting ploy. She is basically forcing the GOP to clean their own house or face the music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 10:29 AM

57,215 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Sure, let me know the indictments against DJT. You know, where a grand jury looked at the evidence and decided to move forward. I can answer this for you. The answer is ZERO.

You don't think his names on the checks to cover up his mistresses is indictable, the Trump foundation. I would love to see the grand jury that would give him a pass those, maybe even using Mar-A-Lago for meetings with foreign representatives.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:32 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,188,286 times
can't vote for poll with biased options. There is no "fishing expedition." There are Congressional committees doing their jobs, which is more than you can say about what the GOP led Congress did.

Of course scum of the earth McConnell will continue to be scum and enable Trump's criminal activity - which we've all seen out in the open.

Last edited by emm74; 03-13-2019 at 10:42 AM..

Old 03-13-2019, 10:37 AM

10,519 posts, read 6,156,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
It is an interesting ploy. She is basically forcing the GOP to clean their own house or face the music.
Agreed. Smart.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:17 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,176,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Agreed. Smart.
there's about 20 of liberals on here that have been screaming IMPEACH!!!! INDICTMENT!!! every other post since Nov 2016. Now that Dame Pelosi says no impeachment... Oh she sooo smart so cunning, she knows just what she's doing a master politician!!! You liberals are a weird strange breed.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:25 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
there's about 20 of liberals on here that have been screaming IMPEACH!!!! INDICTMENT!!! every other post since Nov 2016. Now that Dame Pelosi says no impeachment... Oh she sooo smart so cunning, she knows just what she's doing a master politician!!! You liberals are a weird strange breed.
This is why we wanted Pelosi in charge of the House. She knows Washington politics better than the rest of us do.

I admit I was someone who really wanted to see Trump impeached. But as time went on and he dragged the GOP further and further into the muck, I realized it was better to leave him where he is and watch Nancy operate with her foot on his neck, preventing him from doing any more damage to the country while he continues to do damage to the Republican party. That is a much better scenario.

Pelosi is playing the long game, something Trump, who has the memory of a goldfish, is incapable of.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:27 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,777,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You don't think his names on the checks to cover up his mistresses is indictable, the Trump foundation. I would love to see the grand jury that would give him a pass those, maybe even using Mar-A-Lago for meetings with foreign representatives.

Investigations are pointless for criminal purposes and definitely not a basis for impeachment.

The check he wrote to Stormy Daniels WORSE CASE scenario could be a campaign violation (you know, the thing Obama also paid a fine for).

Old 03-13-2019, 12:29 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Guess you missed the parts where he said he was going to scrap the TPP, renegotiate NAFTA, renegotiate our trade deals with the EU, Japan, S Korea, et al. which would bring manufacturing jobs back & then the whole historically low unemployment numbers that followed those kept promises moves?
And failed at ALL OF THEM.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Investigations are pointless for criminal purposes and definitely not a basis for impeachment.

The check he wrote to Stormy Daniels WORSE CASE scenario could be a campaign violation (you know, the thing Obama also paid a fine for).
President Obama tried to hide a payoff to a hooker to avoid the law? Do tell!

Old 03-13-2019, 02:16 PM

10,519 posts, read 6,156,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post

There's this little concept; let me introduce you to it. It's called 'difference of opinion'.
The '20 liberals' of which you speak do not represent the opinion of all liberals.
Nancy Pelosi does not represent the opinion of all liberals.

In the same way, the defunct tea party did not represent the opinion of everyone on the right. The protestors at Charlottesville do not represent the opinion of everyone on the right.

See how this works?

Speaking personally I'm on the fence about impeaching Trump.
Largely I'm with Nancy on this. It depends what comes out in the report.
However if Trump has been found to have committed serious crimes, I'm for impeachment, as should be anyone with any sense of what little is left of integrity for this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies