Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 05:21 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,144,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well maybe you should read more of this posters threads and posts to see just how out there they are.

BTW - Does anyone remember how the Democrats complained for 8 years about what McConnell said that first year about opposing Obama?
Heck he was only talking about being opposed to his policies if they were going to be uber liberal.

Yet now these same liberals/leftists are reveling in the fact Democrats have admitted to be willing to find anything they can to remove a duly elected president from office.
Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

`
I haven't paid as much attention as many of the regular CD folks have, I'm sure.

Isn't it routine for the FBI to vet the presidential candidates, so we don't get to where somebody gets investigated beginning Day 1? Sure, they may not have done this for those circling around the candidate (Manafort, Cohen, etc) ... but Trump himself and his children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 05:21 PM

4,337 posts, read 1,542,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
what are you talking about?

how would it not be peaceful? Do you think the Troops are going to come out and support a dethroned Trump? do you?

Because otherwise anyone looking for trouble will find themselves in jails, graves and court rooms.

Don't kid yourself theflipflop, there will be NO brave stand, No battle of the Potomac, just 20 to life in a federal prison.. if they are lucky ....
I suspect the demonstrations would be coast-to-coast. Some may devolve into violence if ANTIFA sticks its nose in it, but it certainly won't be taken without significant objection, nor should it.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:27 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,875,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
I never believe Yallers and nuffers (nuff said).
You don't have to amigo because you and I both know the TRUTH.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,618,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It was only less than typical because of the red map gerrymandering. It would have matched the 2010 wave with more fair districts.

But 40 House seats is still a pretty big swing for midterms.
I agree atltechdude, but the guy you are responding to is full of it...

80 seat swing, 40 seats added....

To be clear the 2018 Midterms were the BIGGEST LOSS the Republicans have suffered since 1974, and that is in ANY election since 2018 all the way back to 1974 when they lost 57 seats or a 114 seat swing...

44 years that is how far back we have to go to see the Republicans LOSS more seats than they lost last year.

Last edited by evilcart; 03-12-2019 at 05:38 PM..

Old 03-12-2019, 05:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,461,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
More BS. The GOP lost ground, true, but less-than-typical for mid-terms, so to characterize it as a big loss it, well,.... a LIE.

Clearly it was a big enough loss to upset you.

Carry on.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:34 PM

10,642 posts, read 4,276,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And the Trump crime family knows it. Also, Mueller has not interviewed some of the key players that are being saved for last as they will likely be indicted.
You are in for a very disappointing year....

Old 03-12-2019, 05:38 PM

45,385 posts, read 26,972,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I haven't paid as much attention as many of the regular CD folks have, I'm sure.

Isn't it routine for the FBI to vet the presidential candidates, so we don't get to where somebody gets investigated beginning Day 1? Sure, they may not have done this for those circling around the candidate (Manafort, Cohen, etc) ... but Trump himself and his children?
One of the big issues is the strong possibility that Clinton paid for the information that was brought forth... through the law firm Perkins Coie (who was paid $9 million)... through Fusion GPS (hired and paid for by Perkins Coie)... through a private meeting with an FBI special counsel (James Baker)... that was publicized with NBC/Buzzfeed.

In other words, was the information brought forth through normal investigative channels, or was it a paid hit job?

I'm not saying it's absolutely true... but I am saying there is more evidence to what I posted than there is Trump and Russian collusion at this point.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:08 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,955,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And the Trump crime family knows it. Also, Mueller has not interviewed some of the key players that are being saved for last as they will likely be indicted.
But wait, there's more....

We promise to find something to hang him with....

Just you wait....

It's coming any day now....

The just-in, breaking, bombshell is going to happen....

We have just started the pre-proceedings of the pre-impeachment of the post-Mueller pre-russian post-collusion pre-2020 post-Hillary stuff starting tomorrow....

Old 03-12-2019, 06:12 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,350,519 times
Again, what was colluded to? Trump paid Russian internet trolls to write Facebook articles that duped poor dumb democrats to vote for the wrong candidate? Who should be held accountable for that?

Old 03-12-2019, 06:31 PM

37,043 posts, read 19,029,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Again, what was colluded to? Trump paid Russian internet trolls to write Facebook articles that duped poor dumb democrats to vote for the wrong candidate? Who should be held accountable for that?
Working with a hostile foreign government to rig an election is called "Conspiracy Against the United States", not collusion. "Collusion" is a catch-all term that has no legal definition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies