Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 08:24 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Wrong. That's not the only evidence needed.

Keep trying, though.

Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 08:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

"Gross negligence" being the obvious bar there.

Like I said, that's not all the evidence that's needed - you would also need evidence of "gross negligence". Under your criteria, every incidence of spillage would be prosecutable as treason. Which is, on its face, ridiculous.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:32 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Good for DOJ. They recognize treason is a higher crime then lazy.
Trump and his Republicans are trying, with their allegience to Russia and Americas money...to overthrow American democracy. Treason. Who, by the way , call the Constitution ridiculous and stupid.

Hillary sent emails from home instead of going to work.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:43 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Good for DOJ. They recognize treason is a higher crime then lazy.
Trump and his Republicans are trying, with their allegience to Russia and Americas money...to overthrow American democracy. Treason. Who, by the way , call the Constitution ridiculous and stupid.

Hillary sent emails from home instead of going to work.
You're either delusional or purposely trolling, possibly both.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:13 AM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Their conversations went beyond political opinion, way beyond. Maybe to plotting a way - ahem, Watergate? - to prevent a political candidate from being elected, to even participating in a back alley coup.

That is more like what they colluded about in their plethora of txts.
If you have some subsequent action they took I would like to hear it. Claims that there were secret meetings which I believe was a call for happy hour are laughable.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:17 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"Gross negligence" being the obvious bar there.

Like I said, that's not all the evidence that's needed - you would also need evidence of "gross negligence". Under your criteria, every incidence of spillage would be prosecutable as treason. Which is, on its face, ridiculous.
Don't go nuts over this, it wasn't about treason.

Despite the plain language of the law, which as you point out says 'gross negligence,' Comey/DOJ concluded they have to prove 'intent.' That's why how Comey came to use the phrase extremely careless instead of gross negligence is suspicious, to some.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:32 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Don't go nuts over this, it wasn't about treason.

Despite the plain language of the law, which as you point out says 'gross negligence,' Comey/DOJ concluded they have to prove 'intent.' That's why how Comey came to use the phrase extremely careless instead of gross negligence is suspicious, to some.

*I* know and understand that. momonkey on the other hand.....

Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You're either delusional or purposely trolling, possibly both.

I will summarize...
I responded to the thread title. Pro DOJ actions.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:41 AM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Ok, I think I have the gist of this...Hillary’s use of a unprotected email server was bad, but Trump’s use of a unprotected iPhone is no big deal. Got it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...iphone-2018-10

Old 03-14-2019, 12:16 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It's a public facing email server with the IP listed in the MX record that must accept connections if you expect standard email delivery. If you want an example of the lack of security there was admin login that should of minimally been firewalled off except for known IP's, ideally only accessible from internal connections. This is security 101 for public facing server.
Again - You could send it emails. So what? You need to penetrate the system and gain administrator status.

A small system is difficult. Unusual traffic shows and the system is easily viewed to see if anything is going on. The system was professionally operated.

Would I be shocked if it were penetrated? Of course not. But the best evidence is that it was not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies