Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 05:09 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times

Advertisements

This is indicative of what is wrong with our society. People on both sides want safe spaces, where they don't have to be around people who aren't like themselves. We are unraveling.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:21 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What the well intentioned creators of this app fail to realize, is that many people these days don't care about 'safe zones' for wearing MAGA clothing.

In reality, what these MAGA hat and shirt wearing folks these days really want to do is to provoke and incite. Deny it all you want, but that's exactly why we seem to be reading about these incidents so often these days. People read about students being hassled at school for wearing MAGA clothing, and you guessed it, that makes other students wanting their 15 minutes of viral fame wear one to school hoping to get into an incident, the more violent, the better.

Same with a restaurant or bar. If some of these people had a choice between going to a 'safe' bar where people could wear what they wanted with no hassling, or a bar where some snowflake would be provoked into a violent argument, guess which one these narcissists would pick? They seek this confrontation because they have a burning desire to publicly show how 'unhinged' these 'loony liberals' are, and how biased America is against them and their conservative beliefs.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/arti...-hats-handguns

I'm not conceding that you're right about some wanting to intentionally provoke others with obviously Conservative things like open carry or MAGA hats......

But assuming you're correct.....

What's the difference between that and say.....a gay couple intentionally seeking out a Christian baker to sue if they won't make them a wedding cake?

Old 03-13-2019, 05:44 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
I really don't care if people are wearing MAGA hats. I'll silently judge them, but I'll at least outwardly treat them like any other person. Same with somebody wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt or something similar. As long as it's not Nazi regalia or anything like that.

Although in Michigan where I live, I'm not sure why people wear Confederate flag shirts and hats and stuff. I'm pretty sure these people aren't celebrating their Southern heritage lol. And given the legacy of what the Confederacy stood for, I'd say wearing that anywhere isn't really cool, although I think some wearers don't really know what they're doing.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:47 AM

388 posts, read 200,583 times
safe spaces-- you mean places where (as a paying customer) you wont likely get assaulted for wearing an article of clothing, by fascists who claim you were "asking for it?"

good. tired of the lefts monopoly on "progress." this is what actual progress looks like.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:27 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjson View Post
safe spaces-- you mean places where (as a paying customer) you wont likely get assaulted for wearing an article of clothing, by fascists who claim you were "asking for it?"

good. tired of the lefts monopoly on "progress." this is what actual progress looks like.
Progress is hiding because you’re afraid of people? Lol, you should be so proud.

I don’t need a safe space, I’m not scared of people, I’m an adult.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:40 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
What the well intentioned creators of this app fail to realize, is that many people these days don't care about 'safe zones' for wearing MAGA clothing.

In reality, what these MAGA hat and shirt wearing folks these days really want to do is to provoke and incite. Deny it all you want, but that's exactly why we seem to be reading about these incidents so often these days. People read about students being hassled at school for wearing MAGA clothing, and you guessed it, that makes other students wanting their 15 minutes of viral fame wear one to school hoping to get into an incident, the more violent, the better.

Same with a restaurant or bar. If some of these people had a choice between going to a 'safe' bar where people could wear what they wanted with no hassling, or a bar where some snowflake would be provoked into a violent argument, guess which one these narcissists would pick? They seek this confrontation because they have a burning desire to publicly show how 'unhinged' these 'loony liberals' are, and how biased America is against them and their conservative beliefs.

I have a novel idea.... lets not get all distressed or angry over what hat a person wears...…….

Old 03-13-2019, 08:48 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:

if you think you can assault people for wearing MAGA hat because they "provoked" you, then I guess you also believe it's OK to rape women because they are wearing sexual provocative clothing

Old 03-13-2019, 10:33 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
That's cool. People on either side of the aisle who care about whether the owners are MAGA supporters can find out either way before they patronize a business. Not really sure why this is news or why anyone would care. People can spend their money wherever they want. It's not something I care about but if it's important to someone else, whatever floats their boat!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:38 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
So this is a list of Cracker Barrel locations?
Well geez, that was kinda racist wasn't it?

Old 03-13-2019, 10:44 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bwahahah.

They need a safe space.....and they've made a app for that. Poor snowflakes.
I know, right? After all the jokes the right has made about the left and safe spaces and snowflakes, here we have definitive evidence that the real snowflakes are those tough talking MAGA folks. Too, too funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies