Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2019, 05:38 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

President Donald Trump’s campaign did not collude with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election, Attorney General William Barr announced Sunday after reviewing special counsel Robert Mueller’s report. Barr also said, in a letter to Congress summarizing the special counsel’s 22-month probe, that Mueller’s evidence could not prove that Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation.

The White House and Republicans immediately characterized Mueller’s findings as an unalloyed victory for the president. Trump told reporters Sunday evening as he was leaving Mar-a-Lago to return to the White House that the report proved no collusion, claiming without evidence that Mueller’s investigation was “an illegal takedown that failed.” But the special counsel report — at least according to Barr’s summary — did not go so far as to exonerate the president.

Barr noted that Mueller had referred “several matters” to other offices for investigation, a sign that scrutiny may not be over simply because the special counsel probe has come to an end. By neglecting to exonerate Trump, Mueller left room for House Democrats to continue their own investigations.

Here are some key takeaways from Mueller’s findings.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...mueller-report

He is has been proven innocent for collusion but it seems that he’s not out of the woods. Yet.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:39 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Teflon Don! No collusion! Look into the other steaming stinking side, so much is out in the open. McCabe strzok page Rosenstien. They tried to remove an elected president, even considered recruiting cabinet member to enact the 25th amendment with Rod offering to wear a wire. So much terrible behavior that, so far, nobody has had to answer to. This was a failed coup
Love it .The real............ Teflon Don.................

Old 03-25-2019, 05:49 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Trump is much smarter than the liberals chasing him and I think he enjoys the cat and mouse games. Besides, he always WINS!

it's almost not fair.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:50 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It came out and there is not much to it that can be used against Trump but the Dems want the whole report released so they can nick pick it apart to find something that they can use to keep the Delusion and the investigation going.

If you are interested in the Left's take on the whole thing just turn on NPR, CNN or watch SNL this week and they will give you the bent biased scoop.
They are demanding (in unison - they all got the memo - likely what was
discussed on the Dem's conference call) that the whole report be released,
knowing full well that the "whole report" can't be released.
The report contains Grand Jury proceedings and intelligence.
So that will be the new theme; nothing less than the "whole report" will do.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:55 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Of course they are. Knowing full well that the law does not allow release of grand jury testimony to protect the unindicted. Not to mention classified information.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:55 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
someone will release it and be prosecuted by the Justice Dept

Old 03-25-2019, 05:59 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I was very tired and very busy one afternoon - and I went food shopping. I bought a pack of ham for sandwiches and put everything away. I kept smelling something funny - but I couldn’t find anything wrong. One day I remembered my ham - what happened to that pack of ham? Hmm But still smelled a funny odor-and I looked many times, but I was sure threw the ham with the bags and stuff from the store. My family came to visit 2 months later and rumbled through my cubbards looking for cookies etc and thete was that pack of ham behind the can goods.
Point is. You can smell it, you know something is just not right, something has a slight odor Of rotten, but just can’t find the culprit - but it’s there. Mr T is a lot like ham. Sooner or later someone will look for cookies and wala.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I think the tax cuts was teh only law that was passed without much debate or much blockade. The rich continue to win.
Except the tax cuts were not only for the rich.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:16 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
So Nancy Pelosi said " We won't know if he's guilty or not until he's convicted."

Old 03-25-2019, 06:19 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I watched Lindsey Graham say that Trump has been the most scrutinized President in history and now it's the other side's turn to be scrutinized.

Oh, baby, PAIN is coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies