Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 10:40 AM

8,481 posts, read 6,886,522 times

Advertisements

Seems with all the investigations swirling around him on the federal, state and local level he’s being pushed toward a psychological breaking point. I don’t think there’s anything he would not do to protect his own skin. Lashing out like a caged animal.

Even in the earliest days of his campaign there were disturbing signs of a man with profound personality problems. His supporters brushed it aside. These kinds of incitements to violence are profoundly disturbing and unprecedented in our history and should not be ignored.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:44 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And you - with the other Trump followers - are just fine with someone using the office of the US President, once thought of as a distinct position - unironically labeled "the leader of the free world" - for "trolling".

Electing Trump as president didn't make Trump cool, it made the US presidency a joke.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-point/572104/

I didn't vote for the man. I didn't vote for ANYONE in the past 6 or so years because I don't want or need rulers. I intentionally removed my name from the voter registration list so I wouldn't vote for anyone. I just support someone in high office who stands up to the nonsense leftist Alinsky styled tactics which have been used time and time again to stifle debate. I applaud a man who is confident enough to use those very same tactics, and NOT apologize for using them, as he soundly drives the lunatics on the left into their much needed safe spaces, binkies in hand. Good for President Trump.

Now, if you want, I'd be happy to explain what I don't like about President Trump's policies BUT that isn't what THIS thread is about.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:48 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Peaceful people will only turn the other cheek so many times and then it all up to the sword.
Turn the other cheek to what? Has someone actually knocked a red hat off your head recently? Or can you just not handle that there are people who think Trump does not belong in office and have the temerity to express it?

I have already posted — twice — that I have neither assaulted/bullied a Trump supporter nor would I in any way support someone who did. Displaying Trump/MAGA paraphernalia is protected free speech and not an invitation to violence, just as is holding a protest sign outside a Trump rally. We should all feel safe expressing our political beliefs peacefully. That people on both sides of the political spectrum no longer feel safe doing so indicates that something has gone terribly wrong in America’s representative democracy.

Last edited by randomparent; 03-15-2019 at 11:00 AM..

Old 03-15-2019, 11:37 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
That's what it comes down to... you "don't like" this man so you'll use ANY excuse you can in your attempt to change the election results. TDS is driving you. Logic be damned.

1. Big MEAN Orange man = BAD
2. I'm so askeered! Mom, he's so meanie McMean AND he's Big Orange!
3. Help me MOM!
4. Now I can't even go out and root for who I want to be elected because... (repeat 1.)
Honey, I ain't powerful enough to change election results, lol. I'm still waiting on those links.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:55 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Put the bean sprout sandwich down and repeat after me: "Donald J. Trump is my president, too. He was democratically elected, having defeated a terrible opponent in Hillary Clinton. End of story."

Maybe YOUR President, but not mine. Just like some Dictators in 3rd world counties consider themselves to be the President, Donald Trump is no more a President than they are.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:15 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Put the bean sprout sandwich down and repeat after me: "Donald J. Trump is my president, too. He was democratically elected, having defeated a terrible opponent in Hillary Clinton. End of story."
Is this close enough?

Donald J. Trump is my president too. He successfully convinced enough Americans to vote for him using tactics for which he is only at this point an unindicted co-conspirator. Whether he will be formally indicted is an ungoiing matter.

Now back to my bean sprouts.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:43 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I suspect it all depends upon which political perspective you read his words from. If you are a leftist, you MIGHT view his words as a threat of offense. If you are a righty you MIGHT (likely) read his words as a threat to defend themselves from attackers. I can tell you the latter, threatening to defend oneself is legal.
Why should this even happen?? Why should it even be suggested? Only the big cheese who is used to bullying and thinking that having a switchblade was good, liking to beat on those in the wrestling world, always being defensive and verbally attacking others and having incited violence in those who follow him - thinks this is appropriate. MAGA, indeed.

Nobody else would make these sorts of threats. (AND, since he has, there would at least then be lots of preparation to combat it).

Old 03-16-2019, 02:02 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump is now on record as inciting violence should his torch and pitchfork crowd decide to start shooting people in the streets, though they'd be dead pretty quick--the military wouldn't fight for Trump and they would quickly overwhelm Trump's 'army.'

We have a so-called president who is possibly the most unpatriotic president we have ever had. He's done nothing for the 'good of the country' in his entire shady life or for the last two years. Nothing. He could care less about the country being united--he'll split it using violence if necessary to stay in the WH.

He's now like Assange. Trump can't leave the WH because he'll be indicted and he knows it. THAT is what he cares about and that is ALL he cares about. Everything Trump does and says is for Trump first and always.
Getting him out of there and ending this nightmare is just not soon enough.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:27 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, the alleged POTUS for everyone now resorts to the threats of the 2-bit tin-pot despot he longs to be..

Trump Threatens Violence If Democrats Don

WHAT a putz!

As many law enforcement agencies will tell you, the radical right is a bigger threat to this country than any outside force.
Maybe he should just sic the IRS on them instead like the previous tyrant did.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:55 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
We have never had a “Divider” as president before now. This man is a total disaster. He obviously wants to be a “ruler” not a president. This Liar talks like a thug he is. Surrounded by his corrupt cabinet. Wonder how his big ego is going to handle a presidential LOSS? Will he vacate the office peacefully?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies