Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 07:14 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times

Advertisements

As you can see, Trump's interest is in the shallowest, most transactional questions.

Mike Pompeo’s Mission: Clean Up Trump’s Messes
By Mattathias Schwartz

Pompeo learned to arrive at the White House with answers to the president’s favorite questions: Why should we care? What’s in it for us? Can anyone else do it? How much does it cost?

For the whole piece:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/26/magazine/mike-pompeo-translates-trump.html

Old 03-14-2019, 07:15 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
I'm sure he uses bright colors and flash cards too. LOL.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:45 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,278 times
Sock puppets

Old 03-14-2019, 07:50 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As you can see, Trump's interest is in the shallowest, most transactional questions.

By Mattathias Schwartz

Pompeo learned to arrive at the White House with answers to the president’s favorite questions: Why should we care? What’s in it for us? Can anyone else do it? How much does it cost?

For the whole piece:
Thank god that Trump is the president.

Why should we care about other countries when they don’t give a crap about us.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:13 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
you need new habits. it's likely unhealthy, if nothing more than your stress levels.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:46 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
The two most common mistakes by political pundits (and posters).

Quote:
1. Attempting to evaluate personalities rather than policies.

We see this ad infinitum since President Trump took office. In his memoir 'Duty' by Robert Gates, who was SecDef under both Presidents Bush and Obama, Gates has an interesting take on this. Under Obama, he had to work closely with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. He writes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates
My experience working with Hillary illustrated, once again, that you are never too old to learn a lesson in life. Before she joined the Obama administration, I had not known her personally, and what views I had were shaped by...[media]. I quickly learned that I had been badly misinformed. I found her smart, idealistic but pragmatic, tough-minded, indefatigable...I promised myself I would try never again to form a strong opinion about someone I did not know.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

By Mattathias Schwartz

For the whole piece:
I don't believe this. We saw how informed and rock steady Trump was during the primary debates. How he stayed true to what he said in the past. That he has strong beliefs and doesn't waiver. I'm so glad he didn't support increased spending and how he stayed out of other nations civil wars like he promised.

hahahahahahaha

oh but he doesn't take crap from anyone.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:51 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Thank god that Trump is the president.

Why should we care about other countries when they don’t give a crap about us.
Is that why we continue to take money from Americas poor and give it to other nations?

Trump is a progressive tool who can't keep his word. As much as I can't stand him or his policies it's odd that I've defended him often. Granted I've mainly defend him against the garbage identity politics that doesn't have anything to do with policy since his main policies stink.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:04 AM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Is that why we continue to take money from Americas poor and give it to other nations?

Trump is a progressive tool who can't keep his word. As much as I can't stand him or his policies it's odd that I've defended him often. Granted I've mainly defend him against the garbage identity politics that doesn't have anything to do with policy since his main policies stink.
You do that sometimes. A bit more believable then the standard "Orange man bad" posters here..

Old 03-15-2019, 06:10 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Taking from the American poor?

Are you delusional or being completely dishonest? I didn’t know the rich is now called poor.

Wake up. The American rich pays almost all the taxes and the poor pays nothing. The bottom 47% pays zero, nada, zip, zilch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies