Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is white nationalism on the rise?
Yes 173 52.42%
No 157 47.58%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 01:21 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
New racism seems to consist of being subtlety prejudice, then be like “hey now YOUR the racist!”
Oh, you mean like Jussie Smollett? Good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 01:23 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
That's hilarious.

The largest beneficiaries of government safety nets and benefits are whites. Always have been. They're also experts at sticking their head in the sand, pointiy fingers, and denying responsibility.
Haha....source please!

Old 03-18-2019, 01:27 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
"Make sense"?? Really? And yet you say other races are stealing from whites.

Look, you can tell yourself whatever you need to.

Fact are facts.
Where did I say other races are stealing from whites? You need to be more careful about keeping your posters straight. All I did was to clarify and correct some statistics in here.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:30 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
The question is nonsensical. Nationalism implies allegiance to a NATION, NOT a race. There is no nexus between "White" and Nationalism, UNLESS there is a nation named "White".
Well put! I was searching for the right words and you nailed it.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:01 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
What exactly are they taking away from you? Are you talking about welfare? You do know that white people takes the largest percentage of food stamps, Medicaid beneficiaries, etc. right?

Do I think African Americans and Hispanics are under performing and need to do better? Absolutely. But they are not the only ones "taking" things from other people.
You misunderstand me. Its not that I think that black people are taking anything away from me. In fact, they're my neighbors. My point was that you point the finger at white southerners and say that the south takes more than other parts of the country, but part of the equation is that a third of our population is black, and blacks are statistically more likely to be on government aid. So are you complaining about giving aid to the black population in the south?

Old 03-18-2019, 03:04 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
You can reject my worldview. No problem. Is that all you care about when voting? Have you ever wonder why Trump country is so poor?

Because people like you care more about getting your feelings hurt all the time (ironically, that is what you think of SJWs, which is also true) rather than actually sitting down and thinking how you can improve your lives and those around you.
Its not about hurt feelings, its about spreading a narrative that just isn't true. FWIW, I'm doing just fine, and would be better if people like you weren't trying to shove your ideas at me through government. As a matter of fact, I was busy trying to improve my life and the lives of those around me until your ilk interrupted me with your B.S. belief system and garbage narrative.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:05 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,726,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, please show me where President Trump supported the attack on the New Zealand mosque.
I'm talking about him condoning all of the "very fine people" who happen to be white supremacists.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:11 PM

932 posts, read 543,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
how do you define 'incident?' Link?

Devil is in the details. I only can say that in my daily travels, I run into lots of different people. I can't walk 5 blocks without hearing 5 different languages. I don't know even one 'white nationalist.'

Richard Spencer self-describes as a 'white nationalist.' I've tried to find out how many followers he has, but the number doesn't seem to be available. That tells you that the number is not very big.
No idea and I don't know how many are there.

But I did encounter few of em IRL and see the symptoms in some of the posters in online forums.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Let's call it by the real name - WHITE FEAR.
This is nothing new. It always rears its ugly head in unsettling times and is, in fact, proof positive that this so-called "Greatest Economy" is anything but. If we had a great economy then the White Nationalists would be too busy making and spending money to rant against forces and people they fear.

See if this quote makes any sense?

"Before the wide eyes of the mob is ever the Shape of Fear. Back of the writhing, yelling, cruel-eyed demons who break, destroy, maim and lynch and burn at the stake, is a knot, large or small, of normal human beings, and these human beings at heart are desperately afraid of something. Of what? Of many things, but usually of losing their jobs, being declassed, degraded, or actually disgraced; of losing their hopes, their savings, their plans for their children; of the actual pangs of hunger, of dirt, of crime. And of all this, most ubiquitous in modern industrial society is that fear of unemployment."
WEB-D

IMHO, this applies perfectly to most current White Nationalists. As many have said here, those of us who are more "normal" are working hard, raising families, helping people, learning things and doing 100's of other things.

But those who are NOT...who feel they have been "left behind" and need someone to blame it on...will often look at "the other".

As Du Bois is getting at, some of this is very real "of the actual pangs of hunger". Of course, this is the fault of the corporate titans and many other forces, not of the brown menace or ganstas. But weak men who ID with the bottom of their particular totems are NEVER going to look up in their "race" for the blame. No, they are always going to look somewhere else because, in their minds, one "of their race" can't possibly be responsible for their lower pay, loss of status or job.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:37 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Trump admits he is a nationalist. Trump is not only a racist but he openly displays his hate for any group other than his own. I am sure than every white nationalist throughout the world is tuned into Demented Don Trump, DDT, and get fired up with Trump's rhetoric. I have lost count of the number of people murdered because of Trump's hate speeches. DDT is looking more like a Hitler wannabe day by day.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...onalist-926745
Try a new prescription.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies