Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is white nationalism on the rise?
Yes 173 52.42%
No 157 47.58%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:24 AM

62,934 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Actually 100% of Black Nationalists are racist. That is a fact, just like a white nationalist is racist. A Patriot isn't a Nationalist. A Nationalist means you put your country first regardless of morals because your country is best at everything so from a moral standpoint everything your country does or can do is morally right, that will eventually become you vs. the others and will always bring in things like your nation's race vs. other nations race, your nation religion vs. the other. Your nations traditions vs. the other. To believe your nation is the best at everything you have to believe something is wrong with other nations first, and that could be a list of any characteristics you want it to be.

Trump may have meant Patriot with his words but he kept saying nationalist maybe he doesn't accept the definition of nationalist, but the fact that he keeps using that fraze is troubling.

Nationalism is essentially hyper-religion to a people/place. that means their is something inherently wrong with everyone else. Hence, Japan can justify taking over and genociding (I know not a word) a majority of Asia and replacing it with Japanese people (Essentially a more brutal take on their WWII plan) it's moral because in the nationalist eyes your replacing other countries with better people. This is why a white nationalist sees America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia as wholly white lands, the minorities that were there are being replaced by inherently by better people, their people. If their people are better people, said minorities should just be happy to be among superior people and suck it up. Unlike many religions though you can't convert people into your people, you have to physically replace them.
I disagree with your summation of nationalism vs supremacy. One can be a nationalist regardless of their race and not think that everything that their government does is right or moral nor thinking that every other country in the world is wrong in their way of doing things. To me nationalism is being a patriot but that's because they want our country protected and our own citizens to come first. For example, being for secured borders and opposing helping all these other countries monetarily before making sure our own citizens have their needs met firsts. The rest of your post is about white supremacists not nationalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 09:34 AM

393 posts, read 409,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
WELFARE STATISTICS BY RACE
43 percent of Medicaid recipients were white, 18 percent were African American and 30 percent were Hispanic in 2016. [Source: KFF]
In 2016 36.2 percent of SNAP program beneficiaries were white, 25.6 percent were African American, 17.2 percent were Hispanic, 3.3 percent were Asian. [Source: USDA]
Of TANF recipients in 2016, 27.9 percent of were white, 19.1 percent were African American 36.9 percent were Hispanic. [Source: Department of Health and Human Services]
US racial breakdown
64 % white
13% black
16% Hispanic

I'm not sure what point poster is making with above stats, but if by white privilege you mean numbers overwhelmingly receiving government support, then by that measure, 65% of white persons would receive aid.

And previous poster mentioned that "white privilege" was more of an academia term. I really agree with that. Yet to me, working all the time, hardly making ends meet, never receiving assistance, I don't experience much of this white privilege, thus resent being attacked by the term all the time.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:35 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
They didn't share the same "religion", evidently. Since Puritans in New England were banning Quakers and hanging those who violated the ban. Religion didn't unite the colonists, it divided them, often violently.
They were all Christians, is my point. The addition of the freedom of religion clause to the BOR was inspired by this sectarian problem.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:41 AM

52,245 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I'm afraid that it will rise more. I don't know if it has or not. There has been a slow and steady uptick in the blatant vilifying of white people. I've noticed it for a few years now. Just anecdotally you see article headlines or hear of stories where "whiteness" is somehow to blame for this or that. Just small minor things over the years but there are a lot of self-hating white guilt ridden liberals behind a lot of it.

I'm a bit concerned about there being more of a pushback by some people. Not sure how it will play out.

FBI crime stats don't really reflect an increase in white based hate motivated crimes, at least from what I was listening to on the radio a few days ago, just taking it on face value.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:59 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Actually 100% of Black Nationalists are racist. That is a fact, just like a white nationalist is racist. A Patriot isn't a Nationalist. A Nationalist means you put your country first regardless of morals because your country is best at everything so from a moral standpoint everything your country does or can do is morally right, that will eventually become you vs. the others and will always bring in things like your nation's race vs. other nations race, your nation religion vs. the other. Your nations traditions vs. the other. To believe your nation is the best at everything you have to believe something is wrong with other nations first, and that could be a list of any characteristics you want it to be.
If that is true I don't think you can call a single American a black or a white nationalist. Neither group is very happy with America right now.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I live in an all-white neighborhood. So you're just full of bs.
I didn't even know there were any all white neighborhoods in America left.

Well, if a non white tried to move in they could not be denied. Your neighborhood may currently be an all white neighborhood but there is nothing that can legally protect it. I think it's obvious that is what I was getting at, but since I needed to specify, I gladly will.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We are discussing the healthcare system in Switzerland, which is very similar to ACA, and the prevailing argument from Trump supporters is that it works there because their population is more white.
Switzerland is a much richer country with a much lower percentage of it's population on welfare. They also don't have to provide funding for every European countries defense. They also don't provide every country with foreign aid, including billions to Israel every few months.

If America cuts spending, I am all for universal healthcare. As it is, it will bankrupt the nation if we just add TRILLIONS of dollars every year for Healthcare.

That is right. Trillions.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Well, this Jewish immigrant from Poland was a citizen.

https://www.nps.gov/revwar/about_the...m_salomom.HTML
Very interesting link. Who knew a Jewish guy funded the American Revolution. That is quite amazing honestly. I don't know what to think now.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:07 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I didn't even know there were any all white neighborhoods in America left.

Well, if a non white tried to move in they could not be denied. Your neighborhood may currently be an all white neighborhood but there is nothing that can legally protect it. I think it's obvious that is what I was getting at, but since I needed to specify, I gladly will.
And the same would be for a White person moving into a non-White neighborhood. Some Whites do move into non-White neighborhoods. Of course it gets called "gentrification".

This is the thing. Moving into an all-White neighborhood isn't illegal. Preventing a non-White person from moving, however, is illegal. And that is for the best. It means we can live wherever we want.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:50 AM

Part of living wherever you want means living with the people you want to live with. So no, it is still illegal. If you developed your 20 acres of land into a neighborhood with 10 houses, you couldn't decide who moves in. The only way is by keeping all of your property private and building a community within your property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies