Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is white nationalism on the rise?
Yes 173 52.42%
No 157 47.58%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 02:54 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Remember, like ISIS and Al Queda, it only takes a relatively few real crazies to do damage to our society. Like it or not, we are quite fragile and our way of life depends on (relative) trust.

I don't think they are millions of KKK members or the like, but there are millions of (mostly) old men along with many very powerful and rich old men (Murdoch, Mercer, etc.) egging on these few....fully legally and mostly above board.

Apply the logic to another event. Take Bin Laden....his serious followers only numbered in the 100's - who would go overseas and do something.

He had to operate 100% behind the scenes.

Now contrast that with our system being exploited by the likes of Murdoch. Even if only 5,000 "heavy duty" violence prone younger "nationalists" are in this country, that is a LOT of potential mass murder and terror. even if only 1% of them act out every year that would be a massive hit.

I agree that, in the aggregate, the US population is actually getting MORE tolerant and nicer. But what 200 Million people do doesn't matter if they allow the mold to rot their house.
Where did Mercer or Murdoch egg on KKK members?

I don't know for sure, but I'd bet there were more than a few hundred Al Qaeda members. Granted, he probably needed fewer than 100 to pull off 9/11, so your point remains valid in that regard.

Bin Laden also had large numbers of sympathizers. I recall a poll, IIRC just after 9/11, that said 40% of Kuwaitis were sympathizers. That shocked me, since we had just bailed them out from invasion by Saddam 10 years earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 06:42 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

I don't know for sure, but I'd bet there were more than a few hundred Al Qaeda members. Granted, he probably needed fewer than 100 to pull off 9/11, so your point remains valid in that regard.

Bin Laden also had large numbers of sympathizers. I recall a poll, IIRC just after 9/11, that said 40% of Kuwaitis were sympathizers. That shocked me, since we had just bailed them out from invasion by Saddam 10 years earlier.
Actually the "cheering crowds of (arabs)" that people saw on 9/11, some of which were in the US but not caught on camera, were actually in Nablus. Nablus is a city in Israel. With a heavily Muslim population.

No doubt the same scenes were prevalent in much of the ME.

Polls show that a disturbingly large number of Muslims generally support religious violence.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

Right - and Trump has 40% of Americans as sympathizers also. But that doesn't really matter in any sense.

Forum posts are not the place to explain the details, but if you watch the HBO show "Brexit" you will get some idea of what Mercer did in UK to egg on "the forgotten man". The US efforts have been much larger and have gone on for much longer, but suffice it to say that these people target disaffected populations with their ads, "news" and rhetoric. They promote false narratives over and over to millions. They are in league with Trump (Murdoch talks to him almost daily) in many of these wacky conspiracy theories.

But they do it for one reason only - MONEY. Profit.

When people are fed propaganda they react and the downward spiral begins. First it's OK to say a POTUS wasn't born here and is going to change us to Sharia law. Then it is OK to say something worse. Then even worse. These right wing radicals build one lie on top of another.

I'm certainly not claiming that millions turn into KKK members. However, even if .01% of those who constantly listen to 24/7/365 BS are eventually radicalized, that's a LOT of people.

As far as numbers:
"Documents captured in the raid on bin Laden's compound in 2011 show that the core al-Qaeda membership in 2002 was 170."

Bottom line - it doesn't take many of these characters to upset the apple cart.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:05 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I don’t care about white nationalism but with the daily bashing of white people in all media I don’t know how anything good can come from it. White people have a long history of surviving and thriving when put to the test. If things get bad enough will band together and probably strike back hard. It won’t be pretty.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:15 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I don't think so, and Trump agrees.
Can never be worse as during Nazi Germany!

Old 03-16-2019, 07:34 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
And they are being taunted and bullied by our current culture and society. It is always a bad idea to do this to a group of people, young men who become alienated and hopeless then they find some cause they see as a purpose, and strike out. It isn't some kind of surprise that this can be the result.

The New Zealand shooter was just that, a working class young guy with, in his mind, nothing to lose.
Oh puleeeze! Australia is one of the most desirable places to live in the world.

“A working class guy with nothing to lose.†Oh lawdy. Besides that, his family is one of the most prominent and successful families in his regional hometown.

Poor liddle guy, he would have had every chance in the world with the standard of education he would have been afforded, growing up affluent in this free, rich country.

Poor victim, he was driven to mass slaughter (a 3 year old, for GOD’S sake) by his circumstances.

L O friggin L.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh puleeeze! Australia is one of the most desirable places to live in the world.

“A working class guy with nothing to lose.” Oh lawdy. Besides that, his family is one of the most prominent and successful families in his regional hometown.

Poor liddle guy, he would have had every chance in the world with the standard of education he would have been afforded, growing up affluent in this free, rich country.

Poor victim, he was driven to mass slaughter (a 3 year old, for GOD’S sake) by his circumstances.

L O friggin L.

And this is exactly why you'll keep stoking the fires of discord and supporting invasion (which naturally pisses most people off)....because you don't get it. You think its all about him? That his own circumstances were his concern??

He's not a narcissist, but you assume that he is, probably because you have that attitude yourself. Its all about you. Your issues. Your little piece of life.

Some people take the bigger picture. Society and a concern for that society, is bigger than any one person. He acted for bigger concerns than whatever was going on in his own life.

And its because you don't get that, that you and people like you will cause wars. Because you don't see past the end of your own nose.

The blood is on YOUR hands and that of people like you. Something went haywire in your conception of order and citizenship and that's why you can just hopscotch over your fellow citizens.....well do not be surprised when they lash out against whatever horrors you endorse or demand for them to be subjected to, just so YOUR life can be the way YOU want it.

People don't learn. And they don't change. So keep on keepin on! This will absolutely happen again. And again. And again.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:53 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Let's hope so. Whites need to stand up for their societies and future and stop bending over for all the Third World invaders.

Is it an accident that you use similar language in your post to that of the New Zealand terrorist, Donald Trump, and the Charlottesville group and others? You know, as you advocate for the rise of white nationalism?

Is white nationalism on the rise?

In the past two years there have been a number of high profile incidents involving white nationalists, perhaps most notably the Unite the Right march in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017. One woman was killed and 19 were injured when a speeding car slammed into a throng of counter-protesters.

Last year's shooting at theTree of Life Synagogue, in my city, claimed the lives of 11 people. A white nationalist terrorist, was charged with hate crimes.

In February, a Coast Guard lieutenant, an alleged white supremacist, was planning an attack on several television anchors and elected officials.

The data suggests these are "all part of a broader rise in white nationalism across the US", per the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), an organization focused on tracking extremist activity. Per their records, white supremacist murders in the US "more than doubled in 2017," with far-right extremist groups and white supremacists "responsible for 59 percent of all extremist-related fatalities in the U.S. in 2017." They were responsible for 20% of these fatalities the year before.

This attack (in New Zealand) underscores a trend that ADL has been tracking: "that modern white supremacy is an international threat that knows no borders, is being exported and globalized like never before," ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said in a press release.

ADL also reported that propaganda efforts from white supremacist groups increased by 182% in the US in 2018; causing the number of incidents to jump from 421 the previous year to 1,187.

The Center for Strategic and International Studies, a think-tank based in Washington, DC, reports that "the number of terrorist attacks (in the US) by far-right perpetrators rose over the past decade, more than quadrupling between 2016 and 2017."

White nationalism, supremacism, and far-right extremist attacks and propaganda are on the rise. The President and the posters on this thread are incorrect in suggesting that these groups do not present a growing threat. This data reveals the factual story.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Can never be worse as during Nazi Germany!
What makes you so certain? I think you are gravely mistaken. Things could be much much worse. The world is much bigger than 1/2 of 1% of the population or whatever was the focus of the troubles in Germany.

Much much worse things can and will happen. Inevitably.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Is it an accident that you use similar language in your post to that of the New Zealand terrorist, Donald Trump, and the Charlottesville group and others? You know, as you advocate for the rise of white nationalism?

Is white nationalism on the rise?

In the past two years there have been a number of high profile incidents involving white nationalists, perhaps most notably the Unite the Right march in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017. One woman was killed and 19 were injured when a speeding car slammed into a throng of counter-protesters.

Last year's shooting at theTree of Life Synagogue, in my city, claimed the lives of 11 people. A white nationalist terrorist, was charged with hate crimes.

In February, a Coast Guard lieutenant, an alleged white supremacist, was planning an attack on several television anchors and elected officials.

The data suggests these are "all part of a broader rise in white nationalism across the US", per the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), an organization focused on tracking extremist activity. Per their records, white supremacist murders in the US "more than doubled in 2017," with far-right extremist groups and white supremacists "responsible for 59 percent of all extremist-related fatalities in the U.S. in 2017." They were responsible for 20% of these fatalities the year before.

This attack (in New Zealand) underscores a trend that ADL has been tracking: "that modern white supremacy is an international threat that knows no borders, is being exported and globalized like never before," ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said in a press release.

ADL also reported that propaganda efforts from white supremacist groups increased by 182% in the US in 2018; causing the number of incidents to jump from 421 the previous year to 1,187.

The Center for Strategic and International Studies, a think-tank based in Washington, DC, reports that "the number of terrorist attacks (in the US) by far-right perpetrators rose over the past decade, more than quadrupling between 2016 and 2017."

White nationalism, supremacism, and far-right extremist attacks and propaganda are on the rise. The President and the posters on this thread are incorrect in suggesting that these groups do not present a growing threat. This data reveals the factual story.
None of it would have ever happened were it not for mass immigration nobody asked for.

And that fat girl that died would still be alive if she'd stayed out of the street. When you form a mob and take to the streets bad things happen.

Just saying. You want peace...be peaceful. Don't be aggressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies