Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2019, 06:26 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
One of the dumbest posts I've seen in a long time. How do you know she didn't earn her degree. What's wrong with bartending. It's honest work. Then the ridiculous assertion totally made up that people of a particular political persuasion as a group get a free pass on everything in life.
Well it was a minor not her major, AND I believe that she was admitted as an Affirmative Action applicant to fill their quota for "minority" students.

so that's why I said that. Together these two factors explain why her actual knowledge of economics is atrociously bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 06:39 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
No, that is NOT what I said. You do realize everyone can just scroll up and see you've lied just now, right? Its right there, an unedited post.

I said they are unfit for politics because they are cavers and people pleasers who have an impulse to compromise, which is a bad trait in a leader.

IN ADDITION to that, they are undeserving of equal political power because they do not shoulder equal responsibility as men, which is true, and that because of that, their power should be limited so it is proportional to the responsibility they DO share.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Everyone, just scroll up.
You want to be careful about calling me a liar, Pinochio. Especially when you're lying through your teeth.

I'll save people the trouble of scrolling - here's your post, unedited.

Quote:
Women are largely unfit for politics because they are cavers and people pleasers, that's their gender role - to compromise and resolve differences without bloodshed or argument. Well that's fine in a family, and desirable, but it doesn't work for a nation. Compromise means we always lose, and we should never abandon our principles or lose a little every time so that by the end we're completely lost and way away from our original position....just give up all at once if that's what you'll tolerate.

Women are not designed for combat and contention. Let the men do it. Women desire equality but the reality is that they are not equal to men. They are not the same. Political equality is an artificial construction that denies the physical reality of differences between the sexes.

IF women want equal political power they as a group should take on equal physical responsibility, and since they haven't done that (can't), they shouldn't have exactly equal political power. They should have power proportional to their ability to wield the power, to defend the institutions, to do the work necessary to sustain them. Power should never exceed ability.
"If women want equal political power, they should take on equal physical responsibility, and since they can not do that, they shouldn't have equal political power."

Your words, plain as day, black and white.

Don't bother apologizing; I wouldn't accept it from you anyway.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:40 PM

2,657 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Celebrating mediocrity.

Not a surprise from a mediocre person who despite an Ivy League degree (which she clearly didn't earn), was working as a BARTENDER!

If you can't do five pushups you're basically an invalid.

I would expect Hillary Clinton to have trouble with five pushups. But an under 30 person of normal BMI and strength should be able to at least do ten without effort.

Remember, libs, EVERYONE IS A WINNER, so EVERYONE GETS A MEDAL.
Do you righties have the hots for her? There certainly seems to be an extreme obssession with her going on.
Besides, what is wrong with her working as a bartender? It certainky didn't preclude her from successfully pursuing a high-powered career while still in her twenties.
How old were you when you won your first Congressional campaign?

Old 03-16-2019, 06:46 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Someone needs to come pick up the OP's corpse cause this is straight MURDER (tried to rep you but apparently I do that too much).
The poster’s claims were (butchered) from sandy’s Wikipedia page and several were debunked earlier in this thread. You are slobbering over several falsehoods but facts don’t matter when you have an axe to grind.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:51 PM

2,657 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Women are largely unfit for politics because they are cavers and people pleasers, that's their gender role - to compromise and resolve differences without bloodshed or argument. Well that's fine in a family, and desirable, but it doesn't work for a nation. Compromise means we always lose, and we should never abandon our principles or lose a little every time so that by the end we're completely lost and way away from our original position....just give up all at once if that's what you'll tolerate.

Women are not designed for combat and contention. Let the men do it. Women desire equality but the reality is that they are not equal to men. They are not the same. Political equality is an artificial construction that denies the physical reality of differences between the sexes.

IF women want equal political power they as a group should take on equal physical responsibility, and since they haven't done that (can't), they shouldn't have exactly equal political power. They should have power proportional to their ability to wield the power, to defend the institutions, to do the work necessary to sustain them. Power should never exceed ability.
The Argentinian generals, who were looking for a war to distract the populaces' attention from the country's economic plight, though this about women as well and actually thought the British would not energetically resist their invasion of Britain's Falkland Islands due to the fact that the UK was at the time led by a woman.
Margaret Thatcher gave them an abject lesson in gender studies.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:53 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Except the foaming at the mouth conservatives in all things AOC. It's really funny, you mention her name and the foaming begins. They're like Pavlov's dogs. I honestly don't think they can control it anymore.
I theorize that they post endless threads bashing AOC because they are actually either:

A: attracted to her
B: threatened by her

Otherwise they would ignore her.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:54 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
No, that is NOT what I said. You do realize everyone can just scroll up and see you've lied just now, right? Its right there, an unedited post.

I said they are unfit for politics because they are cavers and people pleasers who have an impulse to compromise, which is a bad trait in a leader.

IN ADDITION to that, they are undeserving of equal political power because they do not shoulder equal responsibility as men, which is true, and that because of that, their power should be limited so it is proportional to the responsibility they DO share.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Everyone, just scroll up.
Since when is the ability to compromise a bad trait in a leader?

An example: nuclear weapons.....do you think it is a good idea to just let testosterone take over and let them fly?

How exactly do the men in my neighborhood shoulder "more responsibility" than I do?

Old 03-16-2019, 06:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I theorize that they post endless threads bashing AOC because they are actually either:

A: attracted to her
B: threatened by her

Otherwise they would ignore her.
BINGO!

Old 03-16-2019, 08:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Whoa... hold it right there.

Quote:
It IS what I said. And that because of that, not shouldering the same responsibility, you don't get the same power. You want the power, you gotta have the responsibility too. Its the way things work.

Just like voting. You should not be able to vote unless you have skin in the game, and are financially supporting the system. If you want to have a voice, then chip in and don't be a taker. Takers don't get to participate.
Not so fast!

The biggest takers participate and have influence way out of proportion to their numbers.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I bet Trump couldn't do 5 push ups. He's a fatty.
I bet half the posters on this forum can't do 5 push ups, 10 sit ups or run 50 yards without dying on the spot.

Me? 56 years old I still do crunches, push ups, run 5 miles a day and walk another 10 according to my Fitbit.

What does AOC's ability to do push ups have to do with anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies