Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 11:52 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Even Fox can't take the heat when their bigoted hosts go off the rails. Pirro is one of my least favorite people, she thinks she is so smug and smart. Just like Trump, she has a hard time controlling her mouth and it gets them both in trouble.

I agree Tucker is probably next.
I rarely agree with you, but I agree with the bolded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 11:52 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I guess I am really confused.

All the people who think Pirro is "Islamophobic" and horrible because she asked "Is her (Omar) adherence to this Islamic doctrine indicative of her adherence to Sharia law, which in itself is antithetical to the United States Constitution?" were defending Tlaib LAST week for her comments, which were clearly Jewophobia (better than merely 'anti-Semitic') when actually accusing people of divided loyalties.
Don't be confused. Its really simple. I'll lay it out for you in three postulates...are you ready?

1. Anyone who puts their religion first (over our Constitution and its Rule of Law) is not a good American.

2. If you support foreign nations, or the interests of foreigners, above those of the US or Americans, you're not a good American, and you have divided loyalties (or none at all to the US).

3. If you cannot subjugate your "religious beliefs" to the principles of Constitutionalism and good citizenship, then you have no business being in this country (unless of course its only as a legitimate tourist or visiting business person here on actual real business with an American company).

The issue is that all the foreigners and people who have divided loyalties don't like being called out for their true nature as subversive and dangerous elements in our society, so they have gone on the offensive, with their smear campaign of fake contrived slurs against anyone who dares to point them out.

That's where the alternative cries of "anti-Semitic" and "Islamophobic" come from. Foreigners who don't belong here, and their useful idiot allies.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:58 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem with your statement is that the bold is true and so was the statement by the person you responded to.

You cannot be a perfect Christian or perfect Muslim AND be a constitutionalist. One must concede to the other.

I often disagree with you, but not re the above.

You beat me to it.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:16 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
I disagree with their decision. LIke I posted in another thread, this is different than American Jews' loyalty to their own people. Islamism is in direct contradiction to American values. I truly believe that Ilhan Omar is more loyal to Islam and the Islamic cause than to the USA. She's importing her Islamic hatred of Israel and wants to threaten our long standing alliance with Israel out of her own personal loyalty to Islam.

The loyalty of American Jews to Israel doesn't bother me because our country's interests and their country's are aligned. However are interests are NOT aligned with those of fundamentalism Islam or Palestinians.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:36 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Tucker is next probably.
He's already gone "on vacation".

Fox News is a business. Tucker's remarks got so bad that a boycott began on him over the winter, and most of the big-ticket advertisers dropped him, but some continued to advertise with Fox on other shows. After he doubled up on his insults, Tucker lost the last big money advertiser that was left, and some of the earlier advertisers dropped Fox News altogether.

When the big money goes away, Fox can never make up the lost income if they can only keep the cheaper outfits that advertise funky goods in the late-night hours when the rates are low.

They depend on the big companies just as much as all the other channels, and viewer numbers don't mean squat if the big companies aren't keeping the lights on with their big advertising dollars.

When their people like Judge Janine and Tucker Carlson start costing Fox big money, they're gone. No one isn't irreplaceable these days.

Last edited by banjomike; 03-17-2019 at 01:46 AM..

Old 03-17-2019, 02:22 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No it doesn't. one can abide by their religion away from work.
Yes, you can, but if you arent abiding by your religion at work, then you are indeed conceding to the Constitution. That was my entire point.

Old 03-17-2019, 02:29 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
they finally figured out she is nuts

Old 03-17-2019, 02:44 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

I often disagree with you, but not re the above.

You beat me to it.
I have always argued that religion can be a safe haven, but the opposite can be true as well.

That being said.

Israel has a right to defend itself, but they also have to be held responsible for rounding up anyone who has a 5th cousin who was once a terrorist,protester, or member of the the Palestinian Authority/Hamas. They kick people out of their homes, and bomb locations with out much regard of the surrounding area.

in 2014, i remember a story about them taking out a whole block, killed 4 kids who had just gotten out of school.

they are basically creating a self fulfilling prophecy. You bomb then, create militants, they bomb you for the death of their loved ones, you bomb them in return for the death of your loved ones, repeat cycle.

Old 03-17-2019, 02:51 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Shrug I had to look up who she was. So do talk show hosts also get canned for negative statements in regard to Christians? Buddhists?

Old 03-17-2019, 03:01 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Sounds like good Demonic network Fake News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies