Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 07:21 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,770,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Please, enlighten us. Exactly what Biblical (New Testament) reference states that we Christ believers must go out and kill non-believers?
Why just New Testament?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 07:46 AM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Please, enlighten us. Exactly what Biblical (New Testament) reference states that we Christ believers must go out and kill non-believers?

Strange you should limit it to just one section of the the Bible.

Deuteronomy 17

"If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

Deuteronomy 13:

'If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. "

"Numbers 31, where God commands the Israelites to attack Midian and kill all the men, all the married women and all the male children but to keep the virgin females as the spoils of war and distribute them among the soldiers. The reason offered for that barbarism? Two Midianite women had allegedly “tempted” two Israelite men to worship other gods."

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispat...kill-infidels/

Old 03-17-2019, 07:46 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,427,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Why just New Testament?
What do you mean why?

Old 03-17-2019, 07:49 AM

Luke 19:27

"But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Old 03-17-2019, 07:50 AM

57,060 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:

If Pirro is "Islamophobic", so am I. I simply do not understand how a believer in the Koran and Sharia Law can swear an oath to "defend the Constitution Of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic". I do not see where the Constitution and Sharia Law are in any way compatible!
Yes I'm sure that Pirro just wants to have an intelligent discussion after that ice breaker. Maybe you want to ask all the Muslims that are lawyers, judges, soldiers and policemen how they swear an allegiance to the constitution.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:51 AM

Chronicles 15:12-13

"And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman."

Old 03-17-2019, 07:52 AM

15,499 posts, read 10,440,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Soo, someone got fired for asking this question?:

"Is her adherence to this Islamic doctrine indicative of her adherence to Sharia law, which in itself is antithetical to the United States Constitution?"

Seriously?

She said:
"Of course because one is Muslim does not mean you don't support the Constitution," she said. "I invite Rep. Omar to come on my show any time to discuss all of the important issues facing America today."

How is any of this "islamphobic" or even a firable offense?
Yeah, I'm not familiar with this lady, but that doesn't seem bad at all.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:53 AM

There are quite a few passages in the Bible about killing nonbelievers.

I can recall being horrified by this as a teen when my parents joined a church that was all about punishment and satan and so forth.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:54 AM

6,253 posts, read 5,052,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Soo, someone got fired for asking this question?:
She has not been officially fired. Did anyone actually read the article? She was off the schedule this weekend. She did not make any announcements about going on vacation. Fox is not commenting on internal scheduling matters.

What does that all mean? Maybe she's been fired. Maybe she's been suspended. Maybe she chose to go on vacation and let the heat die down a little. Who knows? Not us. Not CNN. And the title of this thread (and title in the CNN piece) is deliberately misleading.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:58 AM

Her show was indeed pulled off the air.

Who knows whether it, or she, will return.

I suspect Fox executives are waiting on word from advertisers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies