Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 12:59 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
Anyone can do that.
I look at it as the counter to the culture that goes on in most campuses. When a young impressionable mind only gets one viewpoint, that's the viewpoint they will gravitate to, especially if all their peers are doing it too. Ben offers another viewpoint, which I'm sure seems alien to them at first, but I'm sure he's convinced many a young mind to step away from the ledge and to see that Liberalism, in it's purest form, is complete nonsense.

I wish he'd been around when I was at college, it would have helped me get on the right path years sooner than I actually was able to because of the levels of brainwashing I had to un-peel after the stint in higher learning.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If it's a pre-planned event like a townhall it's all controlled. They are practiced at cutting you off and moving on when the discussion veers from their script.
What if the politician was a nagging SJW liberal or conservative mom-in-law that was speaking at town hall?

Old 03-17-2019, 01:32 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
Am I suppose to be impressed with Ben Shapiro destroying dumb college kids

In order to gain any credibility Shapiro needs to have indepth discussions and debates with people who actually know about economic, foreign policy, healthcare and a range of other subjects and not a bunch of college undergraduates.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:36 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

In order to gain any credibility Shapiro needs to have indepth discussions and debates with people who actually know about economic, foreign policy, healthcare and a range of other subjects and not a bunch of college undergraduates.
Yes, and I happen to know he will not debate Sam Seder of the Majority Report. He's too chicken.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:41 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Yes, and I happen to know he will not debate Sam Seder of the Majority Report. He's too chicken.
I've listened to Sam Seder for a long time. Given that Shapiro has debated Cenk and a whole host of prominent lefties, I'm skeptical that the reason Shapiro and Crowder don't debate Sam is because they're frightened. In all honesty, they've probably never heard of him. Sam's numbers pale in comparison to any of those guys, both right and left.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:49 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I've listened to Sam Seder for a long time. Given that Shapiro has debated Cenk and a whole host of prominent lefties, I'm skeptical that the reason Shapiro and Crowder don't debate Sam is because they're frightened. In all honesty, they've probably never heard of him. Sam's numbers pale in comparison to any of those guys, both right and left.
I know for certain that Ben knows who Sam is. He is a regular guest on MSNBC's Chris Hayes. He isn't as big as the Young Turks, but has a very large audience. He is afraid of Sam.

Old 03-17-2019, 02:19 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,426 times
Quote:
I know for certain that Ben knows who Sam is. He is a regular guest on MSNBC's Chris Hayes. He isn't as big as the Young Turks, but has a very large audience. He is afraid of Sam.
How do you know that he knows of Sam and how do you know his reason for not debating him is because he fears him? Have you spoken to him?

Your definition of "a big audience" is much different than people in the business and of mine. Again, I've listened to him for years and even exchanged an email with him. He's not very big. Compare his views on YouTube to the people you mention, including TYT. You can't take debate invitations from everyone, so you prioritize those who are biggest in the media or have the best credentials. Sam wrote for some TV shows, had a show on Air America and now has a podcast with modest numbers. He's not going to be on the radar of these guys.

Sam is a good debater. At the same time, he overestimates how good he is (and Michael and the millennials in studio GREATLY oversestimate their own intelligence) and has a tendency to talk over his opponents and lampoon them, which many times is ineffective. I personally enjoy that much of the time, but most people do not. I think Thom Hartmann, for example, is more effective and he is better known.

Old 03-17-2019, 02:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
What if the politician was a nagging SJW liberal or conservative mom-in-law that was speaking at town hall?
Irrelevant. Political town halls are tightly controlled.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
No he's not and you have no proof. Hardly anyone on the left will debate him because the progressive policies on the left are failures and they cannot defend their horrible policies that always fail. The left doesn't have any men. Men don't take handouts and don't rely on government to raise them from cradle to grave. The left is nothing more than whiny, petulant children.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

lol You're not the one to decide on credibility. Explain why so many people want him to speak about issues if he lacks credibility? The only one lacking credibility here is you.

Why are you commenting when it's a well known fact that Shapiro has debated a few people who claimed they were knowledgeable and he shut them down? Not that you care bout the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies