Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 06:41 AM

27,416 posts, read 28,490,451 times

Advertisements

Trump has set up concentration camps all over the United States and is stuffing people into gas chambers by the millions.

That is the alternate reality that liberals have been living in since day 1 of his Presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 06:45 AM

33,508 posts, read 18,072,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
What are the policies that Trump and his administration have enacted that have hurt minorities and attempted to hurt them?

Here are a few of those policies.Some as we know have been unsuccessful, and shot down by the courts, but intent was clear. Others you will see disproportionately affect minorities without the overt statement of their class, but obvious who will be affected.

On January 27, 2017 Trump signed an executive order – the first version of his Muslim travel ban – that discriminated against Muslims and banned refugees.

On February 3, 2017 Trump signed an executive order outlining principles for regulating the U.S. financial system and calling for a 120-day review of existing laws, like the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The order was viewed as Trump’s opening attack on consumer protection laws. ( laws which protect women, minorities and the not rich)

On February 3, 2017 the FCC rescinded its 2014 Joint Sales Agreement (JSA) guidance, which had led to the only increase in television diversity in recent years.

On February 22, 2017 the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division and the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights jointly rescinded Title IX guidance clarifying protections under the law for transgender students.

On February 27, 2017 the Department of Justice dropped the federal government’s longstanding position that a Texas voter ID law under legal challenge was intentionally racially discriminatory, despite having successfully advanced that argument in multiple federal courts. The district court subsequently rejected the position of the Sessions Justice Department and concluded the law was passed with discriminatory intent.

On March 6, 2017 Trump signed a revised executive order restricting travel to the United States by citizens of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen and drastically cutting back refugee admissions.

On March 27, 2017 Trump signed a resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act, which repealed a U.S. Department of Education accountability rule finalized in 2016 that would clarify states’ obligations under the Every Student Succeeds Act.

In a March 31 2017 memo, Sessions ordered a sweeping review of consent decrees with law enforcement agencies relating to police conduct – a crucial tool in the Justice Department’s efforts to ensure constitutional and accountable policing. The department also tried, unsuccessfully, to block a federal court in Baltimore from approving a consent decree between the city and the Baltimore Police Department to rein in discriminatory police practices that the department itself had negotiated over a multi-year period.

On April 13, 2017 Trump signed a resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act, which overturned the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ final rule updating the regulations governing the Title X family planning program – a vital source of family planning and related preventive care for low-income, minority uninsured, and females across the country.

On May 11, 2017 Trump signed an executive order creating the so-called Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity headed by Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who has a history of trying to suppress the minority vote in Kansas.

On May 23, 2017 Trump’s fiscal year 2018 budget proposed eliminating the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and transferring its functions to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). This would have impeded the work of both the OFCCP and the EEOC as each have distinct missions and expertise, and would have thereby undermined the civil rights protections that employers and workers have relied on for almost 50 years.

On June 5, 2017 Trump released an infrastructure plan that focuses on putting public assets into private hands, creating another giveaway to wealthy corporations and millionaires at the expense of working families and minority communities.

On June 15 2017, the administration rescinded President Obama’s Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) program, an initiative that – had it gone into effect – would have offered a pathway to citizenship for immigrant parents with children who are citizens or residents of the United States.

June ( multiple dates)of 2017, Betsy DeVos gave unclear and misleading testimony before Congress regarding the administration's rules and guidelines and intended discriminatory practices and plans toward transgender and LGBTQ students.

On July 26, 2017 Trump declared in a series of tweets that he was barring transgender people from serving in the military. He followed through with a presidential memo on August 25.

On July 26,207 the Department of Justice filed a legal brief arguing that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation – a decision that contravened recent court decisions and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance.

On August 1, 2017 it was reported that the “Trump administration is preparing to redirect resources of the Justice Department’s civil rights division toward investigating and suing universities over affirmative action admissions policies deemed to discriminate against white applicants.” In a move without recent precedent, this investigation and enforcement effort was planned to be run out of the Civil Rights Division’s front office by political appointees, instead of by experienced career staff in the division’s educational opportunities section.

On August 7, 2017 the Justice Department filed a brief in the Supreme Court in Husted v. A. Philip Randolph Institute arguing that it should be easier for states to purge registered and mostly minority voters from their rolls – reversing not only its longstanding legal interpretation, but also the position it had taken in the lower courts in that case.

On August 29, 2017 the administration halted an EEOC rule that required large companies to disclose what they pay employees by sex, race, and ethnicity – a rule that was intended to remedy the unequal pay that remains rampant in the American workplace.

On September 7, 2017 the Department of Justice filed a brief with the Supreme Court in Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission arguing that businesses have a right to discriminate against LGBTQ customers.

On September 22,2017 DeVos announced that the Department of Education was rescinding guidance related to Title IX and schools’ obligations regarding sexual violence and educational opportunity.

On September 24, 2017 Trump issued the third version of his Muslim travel ban which, unlike the previous versions, was of indefinite duration.

On October 2, 2017 DeVos rescinded 72 guidance documents outlining the rights of students with disabilities.

On October 5, 2017 Sessions reversed a Justice Department policy which clarified that transgender workers are protected from discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

On October 6, 2017 the Department of Justice issued sweeping religious liberty guidance to federal agencies, which will create a license to discriminate against LGBTQ individuals and others.

On November 16, 2017 Trump administration was successful in getting the Federal Communications Commission to vote to gut Lifeline, the program dedicated to bringing phone and internet service within reach for people of color, low-income people, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities, with particularly egregious consequences for tribal areas. They also voted to eliminate several rules promoting competition and diversity in the broadcast media, undermining ownership chances for women and people of color.

On November 20, 2017 the Trump administration announced it would terminate the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) designation for approximately 59,000 Haitians living in the United States.

On January 8, 2018 Trump re-nominated a slate of unqualified and biased judicial nominees, including two rated Not Qualified by the American Bar Association.

On January 17, 2018 the administration announced its decision to bar citizens from Haiti from receiving H2-A and H2-B visas.

On January 18, 2018 the Department of Health and Human Services announced a proposed rule to allow health care providers to discriminate against patients, and within the department’s Office for Civil Rights, a new division – the Conscience and Religious Freedom Division – to address related claims.

On February 12, 2018 the Trump administration released its Fiscal Year 2019 budget proposal, which would deny critical health care to those most in need simply to bankroll the president’s wall through border communities. The proposal would also eliminated the Community Relations Service – a Justice Department office established by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 – which has been a key tool that helps address discrimination, conflicts, and tensions in communities around the country.

On February 12, 2018 the Trump administration released an infrastructure proposal that would reward the rich and special interests at the expense of low-income communities and communities of color and leave behind too many American communities and those most in need.

On February 26, 2018 the U.S. Department of Education proposed to delay implementation of a rule that enforces the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The rule implements the IDEA’s provisions regarding significant disproportionality in the identification, placement, and discipline of students with disabilities with regard to race and ethnicity.

On March 12, 2018 Attorney General Sessions announced the Justice Department’s ‘school safety’ plan – a plan that civil rights advocates criticized as militarizing schools, over-policing children, and harming students, disproportionately students of color.

On March 23, 2018 Trump issued new orders to ban most transgender people from serving in the military – the latest iteration of a ban that he had initially announced in a series of tweets in July 2017.

On May 18, 2018the Department of Housing and Urban Development announced it would be publishing three separate notices to indefinitely suspend implementation of the 2015 Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule.

On May 24, 2018 Trump signed the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act, which will undermine one of our nation’s key civil rights laws and weaken consumer protections enacted after the 2008 financial crisis.

On June 11, 2018 Trump administration and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director L. Francis Cissna announced the creation of a denaturalization task force in a push to strip naturalized citizens of their citizenship.

On July 3, 2018 Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos rescinded guidance from the Departments of Justice and Education that provides a roadmap to implement voluntary diversity and integration programs in higher education consistent with Supreme Court holdings on the issue.

On July 30, 2018 Jeff Sessions announced the creation of a religious liberty task force at the Department of Justice, which many saw as a taxpayer funded effort to license discrimination against LGBTQ people and others.

On August 13, 2018 Secretary Ben Carson proposed changes to the Obama-era Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule, which aimed to combat segregation in housing policy.

On September 5, 2018 the Trump administration sent sweeping subpoenas to the North Carolina state elections board and 44 county elections boards requesting voter records be turned over.Two months before the midterm elections, civil rights advocates were correct that this would lead to voter suppression and intimidation.

On October 1, 2018 a policy change at the Department of State took effect saying that the Trump administration would no longer issue family visas to same-sex domestic partners of foreign diplomats or employees of international organizations who work in the United States.

On October 19, 2018 the Department of Justice ended its agreement to monitor the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County and the Shelby County Detention Center in Tennessee, which addressed discrimination against Black youth, unsafe conditions, and no due process at hearings.

On October 21, 2018 it was reported that the Department of Health and Human Services is considering an interpretation of Title IX that “would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with” – effectively erasing protections for transgender people.

On October 30, 2018 it became known that Trump intends to sign an executive order to end birthright citizenship.

On November 16, 2018 the Department of Education issued a draft Title IX regulation that represents a cruel attempt to silence sexual assault survivors and limit their educational opportunity – and could lead schools to do even less to prevent and respond to sexual violence and harassment.

On January 3, 2019 it became known that the Trump administration is considering rolling back disparate impact regulations that provide anti-discrimination protections to people of color, women, and others.

The above represent only SOME of the regulations and policies enacted or proposed, by the Trump administration, that are harmful to minorities. You should see the massive list that is detrimental to all citizens and especially toward working class and middle income types, and especially women. The rule proposals that favor human rights abuses and undermine basic civil rights and justice for all of us is astonishing!!!! I encourage anyone who reads this to research..it is quite easy to locate.

I like to think that I stay somewhat informed, but when one looks at a list of the drip drip drip and abuses by this outfit on only one topic, it is clear that we all should be shocked and concerned. I know it wasn't the OP's intent, but he/she certainly gave me the opportunity to see in black and white the actual degradation of America at the hands of this administration.
So Ben Carson is a racist too? And Obama.. because he did many of these same things... they are all racists..

Old 03-18-2019, 06:50 AM

40,936 posts, read 49,018,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You must be leaving out some important details (intentionally?) because not one senior that I know of including myself has had their SS reduced. No, you and yours should be ashamed for calling the president a clown and making up stories to demonize him.
Yep somebody's not telling the whole truth on that story. No one gets their SS cut 33% for no good reason.
Sounds like something out of the Media where they only tell you part of the story.

The real details that matter are never mentioned. If anything Mom should have gotten a small COL increase last year.

Typical Trump hater, twisting the facts.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
First off, Obama wasn't perfect. No one has claimed that, but he's freaking FDR and Eisenhower combined compared to The Cheeto.

Second, nobody cares about your stupid video clip, notice I'm the first person to ever dignify it with a response, and that was only to ask you to stop posting it in half the dang threads
You democrat lefties like to zero in on the color of ones skin... old habits never die.. even Trumps skin color is always posted as orange or cheeto. The KKK organization came to be through the democrats always zeroing on skin color to oppress the blacks with lynchings and fear of the KKK democrats.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yep somebody's not telling the whole truth on that story. No one gets their SS cut 33% for no good reason.
Sounds like something out of the Media where they only tell you part of the story.

The real details that matter are never mentioned. If anything Mom should have gotten a small COL increase last year.

Typical Trump hater, twisting the facts.
The first time there was no cola increase was under Obama and it happened multiple times. Under Trump always an increase.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:01 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,479,961 times

Old 03-18-2019, 07:03 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,816,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
She worked for the longest time and contributed for her retirement through Social Security and yet you see no problem with the government at least this current government slashing Corporate Tax rate from 35% to 21% a whopping 14% tax break to the billionaires like the clown and his minions.

It is a known fact, Republicans will take away from Seniors including Social Security and Medicare, that is their agenda. Shame on you.

My mother is not asking for more, but she does not appreciate that $300/month be taken off her Social Security which she paid for and worked for.

I bet you have no problem with the clown and his minions getting a 14% Corporate tax bonus.

Using the SS numbers YOU claim your mom is receiving, she NEVER worked a job that required he to pay any significant federal taxes to begin with... yet YOU want others to pay for YOUR mother to live all while shirking YOUR duty to family.

You remind me of a man I met last month while I was clearing snow with my small tractor and snow blower. This guy who appeared in good health and was at least 15 years younger than me stopped me in the middle of my DONATED labor to neighbors who are incapable of clearing snow to tell me how his mother in law, who lives a little over a mile away, asking me to clear her snow. He said I wouldn't be able to use my tractor for much of it as it would need to be shoveled by hand, and after I politely declined stating that I am retired and disabled and only go around my immediate neighborhood helping those who can't, but added I don't clear ANY snow if my rear had to leave the seat of my tractor due to my disabilities, he then had the audacity to say, "I could give you $5 for gas... if that's what you're worried about."

This guy pissed me off so bad I finally lashed out with something like, "Why don't YOU get up off your rear and clear your mother in law's snow? You certainly look physically capable AND I already told you I don't leave the seat of my tractor as I do my good deed for my neighbors because I am disabled, yet you expect me to go halfway across our small town to hand shovel YOUR mother in law's snow when YOUR lazy a$$ is more than capable? Are you serious? When did she become MY responsibility?!"

Although he left mad, I at least accomplished my goal of getting that idiot to just leave and to quit expecting others to do what he was too lazy to do, then expect them to basically do it for free. To be honest, I couldn't do the work at any price but more over, I wouldn't do it even if I didn't have to get off my tractor because he was capable and it is HIS responsibility to take care of HIS family, not mine.

Your mother's financial difficulties are the responsibility of you and your family, NOT others! That you don't recognize this says MUCH about YOU.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:16 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,398,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
What are the policies that Trump and his administration have enacted that have hurt minorities and attempted to hurt them?

Here are a few of those policies.Some as we know have been unsuccessful, and shot down by the courts, but intent was clear. Others you will see disproportionately affect minorities without the overt statement of their class, but obvious who will be affected.

On January 27, 2017 Trump signed an executive order – the first version of his Muslim travel ban – that discriminated against Muslims and banned refugees.

On February 3, 2017 Trump signed an executive order outlining principles for regulating the U.S. financial system and calling for a 120-day review of existing laws, like the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The order was viewed as Trump’s opening attack on consumer protection laws. ( laws which protect women, minorities and the not rich)

On February 3, 2017 the FCC rescinded its 2014 Joint Sales Agreement (JSA) guidance, which had led to the only increase in television diversity in recent years.

On February 22, 2017 the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division and the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights jointly rescinded Title IX guidance clarifying protections under the law for transgender students.

On February 27, 2017 the Department of Justice dropped the federal government’s longstanding position that a Texas voter ID law under legal challenge was intentionally racially discriminatory, despite having successfully advanced that argument in multiple federal courts. The district court subsequently rejected the position of the Sessions Justice Department and concluded the law was passed with discriminatory intent.

On March 6, 2017 Trump signed a revised executive order restricting travel to the United States by citizens of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen and drastically cutting back refugee admissions.

On March 27, 2017 Trump signed a resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act, which repealed a U.S. Department of Education accountability rule finalized in 2016 that would clarify states’ obligations under the Every Student Succeeds Act.

In a March 31 2017 memo, Sessions ordered a sweeping review of consent decrees with law enforcement agencies relating to police conduct – a crucial tool in the Justice Department’s efforts to ensure constitutional and accountable policing. The department also tried, unsuccessfully, to block a federal court in Baltimore from approving a consent decree between the city and the Baltimore Police Department to rein in discriminatory police practices that the department itself had negotiated over a multi-year period.

On April 13, 2017 Trump signed a resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act, which overturned the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ final rule updating the regulations governing the Title X family planning program – a vital source of family planning and related preventive care for low-income, minority uninsured, and females across the country.

On May 11, 2017 Trump signed an executive order creating the so-called Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity headed by Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who has a history of trying to suppress the minority vote in Kansas.

On May 23, 2017 Trump’s fiscal year 2018 budget proposed eliminating the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and transferring its functions to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). This would have impeded the work of both the OFCCP and the EEOC as each have distinct missions and expertise, and would have thereby undermined the civil rights protections that employers and workers have relied on for almost 50 years.

On June 5, 2017 Trump released an infrastructure plan that focuses on putting public assets into private hands, creating another giveaway to wealthy corporations and millionaires at the expense of working families and minority communities.

On June 15 2017, the administration rescinded President Obama’s Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) program, an initiative that – had it gone into effect – would have offered a pathway to citizenship for immigrant parents with children who are citizens or residents of the United States.

June ( multiple dates)of 2017, Betsy DeVos gave unclear and misleading testimony before Congress regarding the administration's rules and guidelines and intended discriminatory practices and plans toward transgender and LGBTQ students.

On July 26, 2017 Trump declared in a series of tweets that he was barring transgender people from serving in the military. He followed through with a presidential memo on August 25.

On July 26,207 the Department of Justice filed a legal brief arguing that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation – a decision that contravened recent court decisions and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance.

On August 1, 2017 it was reported that the “Trump administration is preparing to redirect resources of the Justice Department’s civil rights division toward investigating and suing universities over affirmative action admissions policies deemed to discriminate against white applicants.” In a move without recent precedent, this investigation and enforcement effort was planned to be run out of the Civil Rights Division’s front office by political appointees, instead of by experienced career staff in the division’s educational opportunities section.

On August 7, 2017 the Justice Department filed a brief in the Supreme Court in Husted v. A. Philip Randolph Institute arguing that it should be easier for states to purge registered and mostly minority voters from their rolls – reversing not only its longstanding legal interpretation, but also the position it had taken in the lower courts in that case.

On August 29, 2017 the administration halted an EEOC rule that required large companies to disclose what they pay employees by sex, race, and ethnicity – a rule that was intended to remedy the unequal pay that remains rampant in the American workplace.

On September 7, 2017 the Department of Justice filed a brief with the Supreme Court in Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission arguing that businesses have a right to discriminate against LGBTQ customers.

On September 22,2017 DeVos announced that the Department of Education was rescinding guidance related to Title IX and schools’ obligations regarding sexual violence and educational opportunity.

On September 24, 2017 Trump issued the third version of his Muslim travel ban which, unlike the previous versions, was of indefinite duration.

On October 2, 2017 DeVos rescinded 72 guidance documents outlining the rights of students with disabilities.

On October 5, 2017 Sessions reversed a Justice Department policy which clarified that transgender workers are protected from discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

On October 6, 2017 the Department of Justice issued sweeping religious liberty guidance to federal agencies, which will create a license to discriminate against LGBTQ individuals and others.

On November 16, 2017 Trump administration was successful in getting the Federal Communications Commission to vote to gut Lifeline, the program dedicated to bringing phone and internet service within reach for people of color, low-income people, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities, with particularly egregious consequences for tribal areas. They also voted to eliminate several rules promoting competition and diversity in the broadcast media, undermining ownership chances for women and people of color.

On November 20, 2017 the Trump administration announced it would terminate the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) designation for approximately 59,000 Haitians living in the United States.

On January 8, 2018 Trump re-nominated a slate of unqualified and biased judicial nominees, including two rated Not Qualified by the American Bar Association.

On January 17, 2018 the administration announced its decision to bar citizens from Haiti from receiving H2-A and H2-B visas.

On January 18, 2018 the Department of Health and Human Services announced a proposed rule to allow health care providers to discriminate against patients, and within the department’s Office for Civil Rights, a new division – the Conscience and Religious Freedom Division – to address related claims.

On February 12, 2018 the Trump administration released its Fiscal Year 2019 budget proposal, which would deny critical health care to those most in need simply to bankroll the president’s wall through border communities. The proposal would also eliminated the Community Relations Service – a Justice Department office established by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 – which has been a key tool that helps address discrimination, conflicts, and tensions in communities around the country.

On February 12, 2018 the Trump administration released an infrastructure proposal that would reward the rich and special interests at the expense of low-income communities and communities of color and leave behind too many American communities and those most in need.

On February 26, 2018 the U.S. Department of Education proposed to delay implementation of a rule that enforces the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The rule implements the IDEA’s provisions regarding significant disproportionality in the identification, placement, and discipline of students with disabilities with regard to race and ethnicity.

On March 12, 2018 Attorney General Sessions announced the Justice Department’s ‘school safety’ plan – a plan that civil rights advocates criticized as militarizing schools, over-policing children, and harming students, disproportionately students of color.

On March 23, 2018 Trump issued new orders to ban most transgender people from serving in the military – the latest iteration of a ban that he had initially announced in a series of tweets in July 2017.

On May 18, 2018the Department of Housing and Urban Development announced it would be publishing three separate notices to indefinitely suspend implementation of the 2015 Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule.

On May 24, 2018 Trump signed the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act, which will undermine one of our nation’s key civil rights laws and weaken consumer protections enacted after the 2008 financial crisis.

On June 11, 2018 Trump administration and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director L. Francis Cissna announced the creation of a denaturalization task force in a push to strip naturalized citizens of their citizenship.

On July 3, 2018 Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos rescinded guidance from the Departments of Justice and Education that provides a roadmap to implement voluntary diversity and integration programs in higher education consistent with Supreme Court holdings on the issue.

On July 30, 2018 Jeff Sessions announced the creation of a religious liberty task force at the Department of Justice, which many saw as a taxpayer funded effort to license discrimination against LGBTQ people and others.

On August 13, 2018 Secretary Ben Carson proposed changes to the Obama-era Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule, which aimed to combat segregation in housing policy.

On September 5, 2018 the Trump administration sent sweeping subpoenas to the North Carolina state elections board and 44 county elections boards requesting voter records be turned over.Two months before the midterm elections, civil rights advocates were correct that this would lead to voter suppression and intimidation.

On October 1, 2018 a policy change at the Department of State took effect saying that the Trump administration would no longer issue family visas to same-sex domestic partners of foreign diplomats or employees of international organizations who work in the United States.

On October 19, 2018 the Department of Justice ended its agreement to monitor the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County and the Shelby County Detention Center in Tennessee, which addressed discrimination against Black youth, unsafe conditions, and no due process at hearings.

On October 21, 2018 it was reported that the Department of Health and Human Services is considering an interpretation of Title IX that “would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with” – effectively erasing protections for transgender people.

On October 30, 2018 it became known that Trump intends to sign an executive order to end birthright citizenship.

On November 16, 2018 the Department of Education issued a draft Title IX regulation that represents a cruel attempt to silence sexual assault survivors and limit their educational opportunity – and could lead schools to do even less to prevent and respond to sexual violence and harassment.

On January 3, 2019 it became known that the Trump administration is considering rolling back disparate impact regulations that provide anti-discrimination protections to people of color, women, and others.

The above represent only SOME of the regulations and policies enacted or proposed, by the Trump administration, that are harmful to minorities. You should see the massive list that is detrimental to all citizens and especially toward working class and middle income types, and especially women. The rule proposals that favor human rights abuses and undermine basic civil rights and justice for all of us is astonishing!!!! I encourage anyone who reads this to research..it is quite easy to locate.

I like to think that I stay somewhat informed, but when one looks at a list of the drip drip drip and abuses by this outfit on only one topic, it is clear that we all should be shocked and concerned. I know it wasn't the OP's intent, but he/she certainly gave me the opportunity to see in black and white the actual degradation of America at the hands of this administration.
Good list but remember no matter how many facts we post of Individual 1's racist actions, his supporters will use any excuse to justify his racist actions. My point? We are wasting our time continuing to answer their ridiculous questions because it has been answered and explained over and over again here, his former cabinet, numerous books and Op-Eds, lawsuits, investigations, people that knew him for decades, his actions, his words, his failure to call out white nationalism, the alt-right and other white supremacy groups etc. Most of America knows and agrees he is a racist. That is one of the main reasons he has a low approval rating and most American voters did not vote for him. He's a disgrace to this country.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:19 AM

50,149 posts, read 46,802,981 times
Ending birthright citizenship hurts minorities. Only if you are here illegally.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:38 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,020,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Not letting foreigners in so they can mooch off Americans. Apparently this is a grave Constitutional offense against the Zeroth Amendment...the right of hostile incompatible Third Worlders to come into America to reap the bounty of America.

Who knew??
At least you are consistent. You are both Anti semitic and Racist and not just one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies