Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you Anti-Vaxxer or Pro-Vaxxer and why?
Anti-Vaxxer 20 12.42%
Pro-Vaxxer 141 87.58%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 06:59 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,121,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
When you say you've NEVER BEEN SICK, that calls your entire thread into dispute.

You didn't respond to my question.

There is no way I'll believe a single thing you say, when you can't defend your statement that you've never been sick.

You'd be as phenomenal as Henrietta Lacks, whose cells never died.
I really haven't. I have had broken bones and stuff like that, but no flu or cold.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I really haven't. I have had broken bones and stuff like that, but no flu or cold.
Never in your life?

I make that statement, too, I'm never sick. Which means, I go 15 years between being sick. I haven't been very sick as an adult.

But that's not the same - at all - as the statement "I've never been sick".

Would your mother, doctor, and siblings agree you've never been sick?

Old 03-17-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Never in your life?

I make that statement, too, I'm never sick. Which means, I go 15 years between being sick. I haven't been very sick as an adult.

But that's not the same - at all - as the statement "I've never been sick".

Would your mother, doctor, and siblings agree you've never been sick?
Yes. lol I know many people who never got sick in their lifetimes. Not abnormal.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

Quote:
Yes. lol I know many people who never got sick in their lifetimes. Not abnormal.
Nope.

It's exceptionally abnormal.

It's by getting sick in childhood that we develop immunities that keep us from getting sick as an adult.

But anyway, it's silly to keep this conversation going because there's no way for you to prove this here.

Honestly, OP, if you can demonstrate to the medical community that you've never been sick, they will flock to hear your story.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Nope.

It's exceptionally abnormal.

It's by getting sick in childhood that we develop immunities that keep us from getting sick as an adult.

But anyway, it's silly to keep this conversation going because there's no way for you to prove this here.

Honestly, OP, if you can demonstrate to the medical community that you've never been sick, they will flock to hear your story.

Haha Thanks

Old 03-17-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Haha Thanks
I meant that sincerely, Mtnluver.

Typically I have been interested in your posts, and have wanted to hear what you have to say.

This is the same. But this claim is beyond belief, for me. This smacks of lack of long term memory.

If you can prove that you've literally never been sick, by your medical records and school records and work records, the AMA would be very interested in that.

If your mother is living and can say yes, Mtnluver never ever was sick, that would add weight to this statement.

And I mean that sincerely.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:18 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Let's see.
  • Watch my kid get polio, smallpox, measles......
  • Watch my kid take a vaccine....
Only the complete Deranged would think there is actually a choice here.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see.
  • Watch my kid get polio, smallpox, measles......
  • Watch my kid take a vaccine....
Only the complete Deranged would think there is actually a choice here.
How about flu, and chicken pox?

Old 03-17-2019, 07:37 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Are you? OH that's right your PHD downloaded all their knowledge into your head so now you're a PHD too...right?

BTW, you're STILL deflecting!

Bloodletting was peer reviewed at one point too!
No, peer review was not around in those days.

OTOH, bloodletting is being used in modern times.

https://www.bcmj.org/premise/history-bloodletting

Quote:
Today phlebotomy therapy is primarily used in Western medicine for a few conditions such as hemochromatosis, polycythemia vera, and porphyria cutanea tarda

Quote:
In the last 25 years leech therapy has made a comeback in the area of microsurgery and reimplantation sur*gery. Hirudo medicinalis can secrete several biologically active substances including hyaluronidase, fibrinase, proteinase inhibitors, and hirudin, an anticoagulant.

The leech can help reduce venous congestion and prevent tissue necrosis. In this way it can be used in the postoperative care of skin grafts and reimplanted fingers, ears, and toes. Because of concern regarding second*ary infections a “mechanical leech” has been developed at the University of Wisconsin.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:46 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
No, peer review was not around in those days.

OTOH, bloodletting is being used in modern times.

https://www.bcmj.org/premise/history-bloodletting
There was a consensus among doctors...

Besides, you're missing the point. OP used the appeal to authority to deflect from my point....it's a weak response when there is none!

Fact is, I don't just trust the Government and I accept or reject vax's based on my own judgement of value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies